Conspiracy Theories

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:24 pm

There is a continuous spectrum between the extremes of total individualism, and a totally group-dominated rigid society. It is certainly true that some parts of the left in the past moved strongly to that end, with bad consequences (although it also involved movements being politically captured by ruthless dictators). As I said before, much of the left have learned a hard lesson from this, and are wary of too great a reduction in individual freedom when considering policies.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:30 pm

The left can't impress me, except where they can get along well with the right.

The righties I like best, invite lefties to share conversation, or meals or such. I don't see many lefties like that, in media OR in real life.

It almost looks like a point of pride among lefties, that they won't speak to those on the right.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:05 pm

It depends what you mean by "the right". If you simply mean those who express socially or financially conservative views, then you're dead wrong. Most people on the left would have conversations with them, while probably disagreeing.

But if you mean neo-Nazis, Proud Boys, evangelical zealots, gay bashers and white supremacists, then fuck 'em. No conversation would be of any value at all...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:20 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:30 pm

The righties I like best, invite lefties to share conversation, or meals or such. I don't see many lefties like that, in media OR in real life.

It almost looks like a point of pride among lefties, that they won't speak to those on the right.
Didn't you say you were a lefty, or did that just mean you're a southpaw?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:04 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:20 pm
Cunt wrote:

When I take the political compass test, I come up left. I stand left on most issues.

Sometime, while I wasn't looking, freedom of expression became 'far-right' or something. It's like some people forgot what is the ONLY expression that needs protecting.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Unpopular expression[/quote]
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:31 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:04 pm
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:

When I take the political compass test, I come up left. I stand left on most issues.

Sometime, while I wasn't looking, freedom of expression became 'far-right' or something. It's like some people forgot what is the ONLY expression that needs protecting.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Unpopular expression
As a lifelong independent, I see it differently.

Perhaps you're overlooking Trump's habit of firing people who said things he didn't like, or the GOP's censure of politicians like Liz Cheney, Doug Ducey, Jeff Flake, Lindsey Graham, or Tim Scott, not to mention citizens like Cindy McCain for having views different form it's orthodoxy. Remember how the Bush Administration outed a CIA agent because her husband wrote an article exposing a lie in the President's State of the Union speech?

The so called Right is perfectly willing to abandon their commitment to free speech when it's their ox being gored.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:35 pm

Has there ever been a more free time than now in terms of speech? What about in terms of whose speech can have an impact?
--holy shit

Is this just another war on Christmas? :hehe:
Imagine that. I guess it's only coincidental that you'd already be the perfect citizen in the ideal world you're selling.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:44 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:31 pm
Cunt wrote:
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:

Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Unpopular expression

Perhaps you're overlooking Trump's habit of firing people who said things he didn't like, or the GOP's censure of politicians like Liz Cheney, Doug Ducey, Jeff Flake, Lindsey Graham, or Tim Scott, not to mention citizens like Cindy McCain for having views different form it's orthodoxy. Remember how the Bush Administration outed a CIA agent because her husband wrote an article exposing a lie in the President's State of the Union speech?

The so called Right is perfectly willing to abandon their commitment to free speech when it's their ox being gored.
I remember Trump getting roasted in media for firing people, but didn't Biden just do a bunch of the same?

His habit of firing people didn't get coordinated with several social media and legacy media companies to suppress or smear the person.

The violence on the 6th has been condemned by both sides, and heavy extra police presence has been put on.

What about the violence throughout the summer of 2020 was treated the same? Did politicians get accused of inciting those? Were there impeachments?

Or is it ok to encourage violence, if you have enough of the media behind you?

The conspiracy of the media is obvious. When someone claims it isn't, they could be dismissed with any of a bunch of stories showing it. The funnest tthough, is to say
Epstein didn't kill himself
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:45 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:35 pm
Has there ever been a more free time than now in terms of speech? What about in terms of whose speech can have an impact?
--holy shit

Do you want to try looking up the 'Voldemort' name, and checking your facebook, twitter or youutbe to see if you are allowed to talk about him? Cspan took down a Senator who asked for information about the guy...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 pm

Oh, I wouldn't determine free speech by what's said or not on facebook. But more by what's allowed, out there, and holy shit is this a different world!

Seriously, ever this free, in terms of speech and whose voice can have an impact? Even ideas believed dead have made use of it to stage comebacks.
Imagine that. I guess it's only coincidental that you'd already be the perfect citizen in the ideal world you're selling.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:56 pm

Cunt wrote:

Why would I have lunch with an evangelical christian antiabortionist anti science anti evolution etc person who promotes guns, fracking, tar sands burning and global warming denial?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Atomic man, embossed on hues of
Money greens that swell and ooze, will
Scratch his chin as if to muse that
All this winning meant to lose
Though he slaved and hate his dues
Here he was, no time to choose...Grass for Blades by Wigwam

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:02 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 pm
Oh, I wouldn't determine free speech by what's said or not on facebook. But more by what's allowed, out there, and holy shit is this a different world!

Seriously, ever this free, in terms of speech and whose voice can have an impact? Even ideas believed dead have made use of it to stage comebacks.
Oh, it's pretty great here. The reason I mention that name, and that company, is because it demonstrates a terrifyingly coordinated effort, by definition political, and it makes me wonder why they are hiding THAT bit so diligently.

I listened to a brit talking about a similar case. He described a case where two kids had done something terrible. They were convicted, served their time, and later, authorities had to protect their identities in order to stop a vengeful mob.

They did the kind of crimes that a mob would form almost automatically, if the story gets out again.

Anyway, that one I understand. Not so much the politics one, especially if it is broadly coordinated as it looks.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:19 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
--holy shit

Yeah, when I was a kid, publishing a newspaper or a book required big machines, and radio and television were owned by the rich. The little guy had to rely on these cheesy mimeographed handbills and newsletters that they put under people's windshield wipers at the grocery store or thumbtacked to telephone poles or public bulletin boards at the library.

Heck, censorship was getting busted for littering. :biggrin:

Now, you've got these folks who for peanuts can get their speech out to the entire world, using cheap recording tools and a free or near free platform, whining about censorship because the platform has terms of use.

It sounds like what my kids used to call first world problems.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:28 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:44 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:31 pm
Cunt wrote:
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:

Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Unpopular expression

I remember Trump getting roasted in media for firing people, but didn't Biden just do a bunch of the same?

His habit of firing people didn't get coordinated with several social media and legacy media companies to suppress or smear the person.

The violence on the 6th has been condemned by both sides, and heavy extra police presence has been put on.

What about the violence throughout the summer of 2020 was treated the same? Did politicians get accused of inciting those? Were there impeachments?

Or is it ok to encourage violence, if you have enough of the media behind you?

The conspiracy of the media is obvious. When someone claims it isn't, they could be dismissed with any of a bunch of stories showing it. The funnest tthough, is to say
Epstein didn't kill himself
Nice word salad, but it doesn't change the fact that censorship isn't purely a left wing thing. That's the problem with a hyper-partisan view of the issue. You only see what the other team is doing.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:31 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:19 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
--holy shit

Yeah, when I was a kid, publishing a newspaper or a book required big machines, and radio and television were owned by the rich. The little guy had to rely on these cheesy mimeographed handbills and newsletters that they put under people's windshield wipers at the grocery store or thumbtacked to telephone poles or public bulletin boards at the library.

Heck, censorship was getting busted for littering. :biggrin:

Now, you've got these folks who for peanuts can get their speech out to the entire world, using cheap recording tools and a free or near free platform, whining about censorship because the platform has terms of use.

It sounds like what my kids used to call first world problems.
It's the particular political coordination that is most dangerous. So no different now, than then.

Any idea why that particular name is so protected? Or how to learn anything about it?

I admit that I see things with more sympathy for the right than most, but isn't that the point? To try to see both sides?

Do I have to change my stance on abortion, just to respect and appreciate the opposition perspective on it?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: