Global Climate Change Science News

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon May 18, 2020 2:49 am

Heat and humidity that has the potential to kill people. Ah well, we have to remember that since these scientists are not being paid by fossil fuel interests, we should take what they say with a grain of salt.

'Potentially fatal combinations of humidity and heat are emerging across the globe'
Most everyone knows that humid heat is harder to handle than the "dry" kind. And recently, some scientists have projected that later in the century, in parts of the tropics and subtropics, warming climate could cause combined heat and humidity to reach levels rarely if ever experienced before by humans. Such conditions would ravage economies, and possibly even surpass the physiological limits of human survival.

According to a new study, the projections are wrong: such conditions are already appearing. The study identifies thousands of previously rare or unprecedented bouts of extreme heat and humidity in Asia, Africa, Australia, South America and North America, including in the U.S. Gulf Coast region. Along the Persian Gulf, researchers spotted more than a dozen recent brief outbreaks surpassing the theoretical human survivability limit. The outbreaks have so far been confined to localized areas and lasted just hours, but they are increasing in frequency and intensity, say the authors. The study appears this week in the journal Science Advances.

"Previous studies projected that this would happen several decades from now, but this shows it's happening right now," said lead author Colin Raymond, who did the research as a Ph.D. student at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. "The times these events last will increase, and the areas they affect will grow in direct correlation with global warming."
Of course there was at least one notable heatwave in Europe that killed people in recent years, but this sounds beyond that.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2020 8:22 am

It was 41C in Athens this weekend.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:15 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:16 am
I just got told to 'answer the question' by someone who may be in charge here.

I'll dismiss his order, just to see if he really IS in charge, or is in fact an impotent poster, who likes clicking 'Post Bollocks' very seriously.
Yes, definitely in charge, though his supervisor might think otherwise. Those in charge use fewest words, and their few words are empty piffle...reminiscent of what's in their head.

Here's a brain-dead heroin(e), a glitterati, cognoscenti, idol of the radical left, a true celebrity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJBqDQCHF0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0GyIb9C10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEKGq54mDEg

Soon we won't have to worry about poverty or affluence. Excess of a million/week already die from famine :read:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 15 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

rainbow
About me: Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trousers down
Isn't life a scream?
Whoa!

Post by rainbow » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:07 am

Galaxian wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:15 am
Soon we won't have to worry about poverty or affluence. Excess of a million/week already die from famine :read:
Did you make this one up yourself, or is it from one of your :shock: Conspiracy :shock: Websites?
aingira usaina duzu

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:30 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:22 am
It was 41C in Athens this weekend.
not unusual.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping