Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:58 pm

We're here all week folks!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:20 pm

You know the shit's getting deep when americans start talking about fundamental facts.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:59 pm
Trump is right on this
Yes, Coito. Yes, of course he is. :console:

Now take your medication and go back to bed. :ddpan:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:35 pm

The blithering blatherskite spewing more counterfactual nonsense to rile up the rubes.
New Strzok-Page texts reveal “Media Leak Strategy.” @FoxNews So terrible, and NOTHING is being done at DOJ or FBI - but the world is watching, and they get it completely.

- Donald J. Trump 4:19 AM - 11 Sep 2018
The media leak strategy was an effort within the FBI to find and stop leaks, but President Shitheel never has let facts get in the way of his delusional maundering.

'The Frothy Right Is Furious That Peter Strzok Pursued the Guy Leaking About Carter Page'
The term ‘media leak strategy’ in Mr. Strzok’s text refers to a Department-wide initiative to detect and stop leaks to the media. The President and his enablers are once again peddling unfounded conspiracy theories to mislead the American People.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:04 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:59 pm
Trump is right on this
Yes, Coito. Yes, of course he is. :console:

Now take your medication and go back to bed. :ddpan:
Great argument.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:34 pm
meanwhile the israeli state has been busy stealing all the land and founding colonies... whnat kind of a state is it that has no territory?
Other than the fact that Israel hasn't stolen land or founded colonies, you'd have a point.

If the Palestinians want a state side-by-side with Israel, then they can have one. The problem always boils down to the fact that what they really want is a Palestinian state on top of what is now Israel. That they will never have, nor should they.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Making America Safe Again™ (not from natural disasters, but from those terrible, horrible people trying to cross the border).

'Trump administration took nearly $10 million from FEMA's budget to support ICE, documents show'
The Trump administration took nearly $10 million from the Federal Emergency Management Agency's budget this summer to help boost U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, according to budget documents shared with USA TODAY.

The revelation, just ahead of Hurricane Florence's expected landfall in North and South Carolina, was found by Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., who first shared the documents live on MSNBC late Tuesday.
But, but, it was only about 1% of FEMA's budget, and none of it was originally intended for disaster relief. Priorities!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Less than 1%? That's an understatement. FEMA's budget is about $14 billion, with a "b" - so 10 million is about 0.07% of the FEMA budget. Not merely "less than 1%." They took a whopping 7% of that 1% of the fema budget. The Department of Homeland Security has the authority to move a limited amount of money around within its budget.
DHS spokesman Tyler Houlton late Tuesday called the senator’s appearance a “sorry attempt to push a false agenda,” saying the administration was instead “focused on assisting millions on the East Coast facing a catastrophic disaster.”

“The money in question — transferred to ICE from FEMA’s routine operating expenses — could not have been used for hurricane response due to appropriation limitations,” Houlton wrote on Twitter. “DHS/FEMA stand fiscally and operationally ready to support current and future response and recovery needs.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dh ... 2f4731ee03

This must be "playing to the Democrat base" because everyone else sees through their bullshit. Keep it up. The more people get disgusted at the hyperbolic and unfair reporting of stuff like this, the more they'll want to vote for Trump and Trump's team.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Looks like President Scumbag cancelled his trip to Ireland.

He's not welcome by most here anyway. We don't have white supremacy or Nazi groups.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:52 pm
Looks like President Scumbag cancelled his trip to Ireland.

He's not welcome by most here anyway. We don't have white supremacy or Nazi groups.
“You don’t have to be a racist to hate niggers – just a good Christian, and thank God Dublin is full of good Christians.”’ - Michael Quinn, founder of the Irish Nationalist Brotherhood.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Ah, the INB. Very much on the "Where are they now?" list.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:50 pm

You expect 42's comments to be relevant? That's a pretty high bar.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Yeah, that's what I say about the "white nationalist/supremacist" groups that CNN likes to talk about. Where are they? Are they they 20 guys that show up at some rally? These groups are tiny. The vast majority of people don't like them, and don't agree with them. They have no influence. They don't get elected. Their ideas are not taken seriously.

I mean, nationwide, there are about 5,000 total KKK members. In a nation of 330,000,000 people. There are even fewer "Nazis." These are not groups on the rise. The Southern Poverty Law Center claims they're "on the rise" -- but to get that figure going up, they've added groups to their "hate group" list rather loosely -- groups and people who aren't advocating racism, bigotry or hate are nevertheless called "hate groups" because they want to show that a problem is growing. https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/s ... k-brennan/

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:56 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:50 pm
You expect 42's comments to be relevant? That's a pretty high bar.
It was relevant. The claim was that there weren't any racist or hate groups in Ireland. That's incorrect. Ireland has a small population, but they still have hate groups and racists there.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:38 pm
Ah, the INB. Very much on the "Where are they now?" list.
Illinois National Bank? :dunno:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.