Some People Venerate Communist Ideals Still....

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Some People Venerate Communist Ideals Still....

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon May 07, 2018 12:34 pm

What is our first instinct? Survival. How do you survive? Make sure you get food. Why do babies cry? They want food or a nappy change. THEY WANT. Basic instinct.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Survival is enhanced through cooperation.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon May 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Great, now we're calling infants selfish. :sigh: This shit will never go out of fashion will it? What's next, everyone's greedy, all acts are ultimately selfish, blah, blah, blah...

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon May 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:57 pm
Great, now we're calling infants selfish. :sigh: This shit will never go out of fashion will it? What's next, everyone's greedy, all acts are ultimately selfish, blah, blah, blah...
Babies are selfish. All they do is eat, shit and sleep.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon May 07, 2018 1:47 pm

:lol: Yeah, they should really be doing more. It's good for comedy, but not so much for describing why communism sucks? :dunno:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon May 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:47 pm
:lol: Yeah, they should really be doing more. It's good for comedy, but not so much for describing why communism sucks? :dunno:
Who is claiming something sucks that has never existed. Well done.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 pm

:roll: tedious

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:34 pm
What is our first instinct? Survival. How do you survive? Make sure you get food. Why do babies cry? They want food or a nappy change. THEY WANT. Basic instinct.
Sure, but that's neither greed, nor jealousy.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:46 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 12:57 pm
Babies are selfish. All they do is eat, shit and sleep.
Fucking parasitic freeloaders. :lay: They should be out there making a postive contribution to the national economy, and the those that don't want to work should have their access to bottles and boobs curtailed. Boobs are a privilege not a right! :lay: That'll learn 'em! :lay:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon May 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Baby treadmills. :{D

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 07, 2018 4:19 pm

To each baby according to its need, from each baby according to its ability to give.

"Communist society will come to the aid of the parents. In Soviet Russia the Commissariats of Public Education and of Social Welfare [did] much to transfer the responsibility for the child from the family to the collective. The workers’ state will come to replace the family, society will gradually take upon itself all the tasks that before the revolution fell to the individual parents."

And, of course, the "collective" caring for the babies and children is way better than families.

"Communist society considers the social education of the rising generation to be one of the fundamental aspects of the new life. The old family, narrow and petty, where the parents quarrel and are only interested in their own offspring, is not capable of educating the “new person”. The playgrounds, gardens, homes and other amenities where the child will spend the greater part of the day under the supervision of qualified educators will, on the other hand, offer an environment in which the child can grow up a conscious communist who recognises the need for solidarity, comradeship, mutual help and loyalty to the collective." Selected Writings of Alexandra Kollontai, Allison & Busby, 1977

Communism wishes a withering away of the family, an end to it. Women and men will be workers, and they can marry if they want to and have kids, but they will have no responsibility to care for or raise them. That's for the "society" or the "collective" to do, so good comrades can be properly raised...

The family will vanish with the vanishing of capital. - K. Marx, Communist Manifesto.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon May 07, 2018 4:28 pm

Babies. The ultimate Crapitalists.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 07, 2018 4:42 pm

:clap: :lol:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon May 07, 2018 4:55 pm

:spray:
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 07, 2018 5:11 pm

With those children, he thought, that wretched woman must lead a life of terror. Another year, two years, and they would be watching her night and day for symptoms of unorthodoxy. Nearly all children nowadays were horrible. What was worst of all was that by means of such organizations as the Spies they were systematically turned into ungovernable little savages, and yet this produced in them no tendency whatever to rebel against the discipline of the Party. On the contrary, they adored the Party and everything connected with it. (1.2.25)

The Party seeks to maintain power by severing private loyalties, replacing them with loyalty to the party. With children, the success of the Party’s plan is furthered in that the children serve as extra surveillance forces for the Party.
G. Orwell, 1984.