The Green Party. Discuss.

Alan B

The Green Party. Discuss.

Post by Alan B » Thu May 18, 2017 9:56 pm

Green Party 2015 Manifesto

Long gone are the days of the 'hair-shirt and sandals' brigade. The modern Green Party produced a wide ranging manifesto for 2015 and I've signed-up for their 2017 version here - although I'm not a 'Green' supporter.
They have one MP and the media ignore them while UKIP has no MPs and the media are all over them... :think:

Judging by their 2015 effort, the 2017 manifesto might be worth reading.
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: The Green Party. Discuss.

Post by Svartalf » Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 am

nothing to discuss, those morons want us to go back to pre steam times ... whether we like it or not.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri May 19, 2017 10:59 am

Svartalf wrote:nothing to discuss, those morons want us to go back to pre steam times ... whether we like it or not.
The greens aren't the same as in the 1980ies

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri May 19, 2017 11:26 am

Svartalf wrote:nothing to discuss, those morons want us to go back to pre steam times ... whether we like it or not.
Most contemporary Greens are not 'back to nature' hippies. Their ideals are represented by solar and wind generated energy rather than the noble savage, Elon Musk rather than Henry David Thoreau.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm

The Greens in Australia are the only major left party left, so to speak. They are proper social democrats.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm

ppppffffft, those things are as "green' to produce as any high tech industrial process, that is, not at all, and the power production ability is definitely insufficient for the actual needs of modern life... what we need is more research and construction in nuclear power generation. That's no more polluting that the creation of wind turbines and solar panels, and with proper research, we might learn to recycle even the long lived waste.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 19, 2017 12:12 pm

It's true that nuclear has been the major failing of the Greens around the world. But that doesn't all of a sudden make wind and solar unviable and anywhere as near as carbon intensive (not to mention other pollutants) as fossil fuels.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri May 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Svartalf wrote:ppppffffft, those things are as "green' to produce as any high tech industrial process, that is, not at all
True, but in the long run those things reduce carbon emissions in comparison to producing electricity with fossil fuels. Also, fossil fuels are non-renewable resources.
Svartalf wrote:the power production ability is definitely insufficient for the actual needs of modern life...
Yes. Just like the internal combustion engine was definitely insufficient for the actual needs of modern life in the first world for many decades after its invention, and still is in the third world today. Shall we write it off as a failure because of that?
Svartalf wrote:what we need is more research and construction in nuclear power generation. That's no more polluting that the creation of wind turbines and solar panels, and with proper research, we might learn to recycle even the long lived waste.
Nuclear energy is definitely safer and less polluting than other non-renewable resources. It is a non renewable source, though, and I don't know why you bank on future developments while not allowing for them in the case of solar and wind power. Double-standard much?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Fri May 19, 2017 12:59 pm

What part of
Long gone are the days of the 'hair-shirt and sandals' brigade.
did you not understand?
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri May 19, 2017 1:08 pm

I simply don't believe it, their goals stil are to send us back into a premodern living mode, more progessively,, but that's still their objective nonetheless.

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Fri May 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Nuclear fission energy? Less polluting? With radioactive waste matter with a half life of 100,000 years?

Now, intensive research into nuclear fusion energy would be more meaningful. But I don't see any politicians promoting that idea.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri May 19, 2017 1:25 pm

We must learn how to use that waste too, maybe as more fuel, maybe in other contexts.
And of course, I encourage research into cold fusion, but I just don't have too much hope in that sector.

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Fri May 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Svartalf wrote:We must learn how to use that waste too, maybe as more fuel, maybe in other contexts.
The current practice is to bury it in blocks of glass. The stuff will stay there for 'ever and a day'. I'm sure the best minds have tried to figure out a way to re-use the stuff. Just because it's 'radioactive' doesn't mean that that radioactivity can be put to use...

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Svartalf wrote:I simply don't believe it, their goals stil are to send us back into a premodern living mode, more progessively,, but that's still their objective nonetheless.
You're a fucking moron, Svarty.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Svartalf wrote:I simply don't believe it, their goals stil are to send us back into a premodern living mode, more progessively,, but that's still their objective nonetheless.
What do you base this on? Can you link or quote something which asserts this?