Canadians, will you take the illegal immigrants?

Should Canada Accept Illegal Immigrants

No, immigrants should come to Canada lawfully, in compliance with Canadian law;
33%
Yes, if illegal immigrants enter Canada, they should not be deported;
50%
Tacos.
17%

Total votes: 6

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Canadians, will you take the illegal immigrants?

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:
laklak wrote:Yet when the U.S. tries to enforce our existing immigration regulations we're castigated as racist assholes. Go figure.
I think it's when your Prez calls Mexicans rapists that you (actually him) get castigated as racist assholes.
Check what Trump actually said:
When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
Video
Oh of course. Only the immigrants are the rapist. My point still stands.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:17 pm

pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:
laklak wrote:Yet when the U.S. tries to enforce our existing immigration regulations we're castigated as racist assholes. Go figure.
I think it's when your Prez calls Mexicans rapists that you (actually him) get castigated as racist assholes.
When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
Video
If your point is that saying Mexico sends its rapists to the USA is racist it is standing like a washed up jellyfish.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Indeed, it's not racist, since most Mexicans are white. Mexico was settled by the Spanish, and they were white. Some Mexicans aren't, of course, as there are African-Mexicans, and surviving populations of native Mexicans, but for the most part the Mexican population is white hispanic.

What Trump is doing in that sentence is accusing mexico of knowingly dumping their undesirables on the US. Like the Cuban boat lift 1979 or 80, where Castro emptied his prisons. Acknowledging that is not "racist" -- it doesn't mean Cubans are rapists. It means that Cuba dumped undesirable criminals on the US. That's what Trump is suggesting here about Mexico.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:36 pm

White Americans have no grounds to complain about immigrants. It's amazing how some of these people don't get this. Every time one of these white guys tells a brown person to go home a Native American face-palms. :lol:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Video
If your point is that saying Mexico sends its rapists to the USA is racist it is standing like a washed up jellyfish.
What reasonable basis would one have for suggesting that it isn't racist? The only reasoning I can think of would be if Chump claimed that all illegal immigrants from all countries trying to enter the US are rapists etc. I haven't heard him make that claim. Perhaps you have, or have some other reason why exclusively calling emigrating Mexicans rapists etc isn't likely to be racist?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Animavore wrote:White Americans have no grounds to complain about immigrants. It's amazing how some of these people don't get this. Every time one of these white guys tells a brown person to go home a Native American face-palms. :lol:
Ludicrous, especially coming from a European. By that logic, no European country has grounds to complain about immigrants.

And, dude, every country has immigration laws. The US hardly complains about immigrants. It's the ones that don't follow the law that get the complaints.

Mexicans are not "brown people." They are mostly Caucasian. And, the immigration laws apply to brown and lighter skinned people alike. There is no reason why Mexicans, for example, should have carte blanche to enter the US without complying with the law, but not Brazilians or Kenyans or Estonians or Finns.

Why should Mexicans have a right to enter? Because their Spanish ancestors colonized Mexico and slaughtered the native Mexicans, and held the land for hundreds of years as part of a European colonial empire? So, that means that their descendants have free reign to cross the US border without registering, or obtaining a proper visa? And, if we don't allow that a native American facepalms and the country is racist?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:14 pm

pErvin wrote:
What reasonable basis would one have for suggesting that it isn't racist? The only reasoning I can think of would be if Chump claimed that all illegal immigrants from all countries trying to enter the US are rapists etc. I haven't heard him make that claim. Perhaps you have, or have some other reason why exclusively calling emigrating Mexicans rapists etc isn't likely to be racist?
One, Mexican is not a race.

Two, he was referring to Mexico sending certain persons who aren't their best. I.e., the subset of Mexicans crossing the border contains a higher proportion of rapists and other criminals - people Mexico would like to see the back of.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:29 pm

pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:I think it's when your Prez calls Mexicans rapists that you (actually him) get castigated as racist assholes.
Video
What reasonable basis would one have for suggesting that it isn't racist?
Trump did not say anything resembling an assertion like "Mexican, therefore rapist." Coito was spot on with the 1980 Mariel boat lift episode. Cubans are not a race of criminals, but pretty the inhabitants of Florida might have gotten the impression that they were because Castro took the opportunity to empty the prisons and mental health hospitals. So, no, the Mexican rapists comment cannot be used to prove Trump's racism. For that I suggest you cite his comment about the Indiana born and raised U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who, Trump said, was unfit to hear his case because he is "of Mexican heritage".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:What reasonable basis would one have for suggesting that it isn't racist? The only reasoning I can think of would be if Chump claimed that all illegal immigrants from all countries trying to enter the US are rapists etc. I haven't heard him make that claim. Perhaps you have, or have some other reason why exclusively calling emigrating Mexicans rapists etc isn't likely to be racist?
Mexicans don't need to be a distinct race for people being racist in regard to them. They only need to think Mexicans are a race. To argue otherwise you'd have to deny the existence of theists.

*Points and laughs* Hahahaha, you can't be a theist, coz there is no such thing as a god.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Sure, but you'd need to show that people think Mexicans are a race. Any evidence for that?

As for the Mexican heritage of the judge, trump was pointing out that the judge might have a bias, and also mentioned the judge's relationship to La Raza or a lawyer's association affiliated with La Raza. Given trump's talk on immigration, he mentioned the potential bias of the judge. That comment was dumb, but not racist.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Forty Two wrote:Sure, but you'd need to show that people think Mexicans are a race. Any evidence for that?
Generally speaking, put peopole on the spot and they will reflexively deny being racist. Always. Except for the likes of Tranny, of course. In my life I have personally met maybe half a dozen individuals who have explicitly asserted that humans are divisible into genetically distinct groups and that some are superior human beings on account of their genetic heritage. Most claim to be indifferent to genetic make-up. In between are the ones that also say genes don't matter, but then remark that culture and history definitely do. Be it as it may, racism has diminished but definitely not disappeared with the fall of the Third Reich nor with the end of Apartheid nor the end of segregation in the USA.
Forty Two wrote:As for the Mexican heritage of the judge, trump was pointing out that the judge might have a bias, and also mentioned the judge's relationship to La Raza or a lawyer's association affiliated with La Raza. Given trump's talk on immigration, he mentioned the potential bias of the judge. That comment was dumb, but not racist.
Now to the particular: Yes, Trump has idiotically conflated the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association of which Curiel is a member with the National Council of La Raza, of which he is not, but he has not spoken of a potential conflict of interest. He told the WSJ that the judge has an "inherent conflict of interest." Not necessarily racist, but asserting rather more than a potential conflict of interest. What is racist is Trump's doubling down on the heritage factor as a race factor during an interview. From 1:18:

Jack: If you invoke his race as a reason why he can't do his job...
Donald: (cuts in) I think that's why he's doing it. I think that's why he's doing it.
Jack: If you are saying that he can't do his job because of his race is that not the definition of racism?
Donald: No. I don't think so at all.

The first three lines make him undeniably a racist, no matter what he said before or after that.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:42 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:
That's not a rebuttal, because there is no such thing as race. Therefore, "race" can't be the basis of racism. It's ethnicity that drives racism.
Two, he was referring to Mexico sending certain persons who aren't their best. I.e., the subset of Mexicans crossing the border contains a higher proportion of rapists and other criminals - people Mexico would like to see the back of.
Yes, I now what he was allegedly referring to. That doesn't make it any less racist. Where's the proof that Mexico is literally sending people to the US, let alone only the rapists and crooks? There is no proof. Like most of Trump's pronouncements. That's why it is racist.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:45 am

Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvin wrote:
Hermit wrote:Check what Trump actually said:
What reasonable basis would one have for suggesting that it isn't racist?
Trump did not say anything resembling an assertion like "Mexican, therefore rapist." Coito was spot on with the 1980 Mariel boat lift episode. Cubans are not a race of criminals, but pretty the inhabitants of Florida might have gotten the impression that they were because Castro took the opportunity to empty the prisons and mental health hospitals. So, no, the Mexican rapists comment cannot be used to prove Trump's racism. For that I suggest you cite his comment about the Indiana born and raised U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who, Trump said, was unfit to hear his case because he is "of Mexican heritage".
that's another good example. But as I just said to Coito, where is the evidence that Mexico is sending anyone to the US illegally, let alone a whole lot of rapist to flip burgers and clean toilets?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:02 am

The Mexican government not sending anyone, but they're not doing much to stop it - after all, it does help the Mexican economy, such as it is...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:31 am

pErvin wrote:But as I just said to Coito, where is the evidence that Mexico is sending anyone to the US illegally, let alone a whole lot of rapist to flip burgers and clean toilets?
There is none. So ...?