Mr Newton's Classroom

Farsight

Re: Mr Newton's Classroom

Post by Farsight » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 am

lpetrich wrote:Farsight, congratulations for laying out your theories the way you did in this thread.
Thank you. But again, they're not mine. I've contributed a little, but it's essentially a synthesis of material originally written by "unsung heroes" who do not enjoy much in the way of journal success or media acknowledgement.
lpetrich wrote:But to add to Brain Man's comments, you have to try to show that your theories do a better job of explaining observed phenomena better than mainstream theories. More theoretically elegant, having fewer fudge factors, getting better numerical agreement, etc. A way of doing that is getting the mathematics of existing theories in appropriate limits. Thus, Newtonian mechanics is a limiting case of both relativity and quantum mechanics. So if you want to do better than the Standard Model, you must be able to show that your theories yield the mathematics of the Standard Model over where it has been successfully tested,.,
Noted. But my mathematical abilities are limited, I have no credentials, and I've witnessed the frustration of others who have attempted this course of action. So instead my aim is to offer insight that others can use to address the standard model, hopefully preserving it as the standard model in some shape or form. I don't wish to bring it down. I seek to help physics, not expose the elitism and arrogance that bedevils it. This is why relativity+ was advertised on the IoP website, and why my article was in their magazine. I have to get through to physicists.

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:01 am

Farsight wrote:
lpetrich wrote:Farsight, congratulations for laying out your theories the way you did in this thread.
Thank you. But again, they're not mine. I've contributed a little, but it's essentially a synthesis of material originally written by "unsung heroes" who do not enjoy much in the way of journal success or media acknowledgement.
Why don't you list them and describe where their ideas can be found?

Farsight

Post by Farsight » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:27 pm

I've got a list somewhere. Some of the URLs are now defunct. I'll have a look. Meanwhile please demonstrate that it will be worth my while by reading say How gravity works and giving considered comment.

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:58 pm

Farsight wrote:I've got a list somewhere. Some of the URLs are now defunct. I'll have a look.
Good idea. But since you've been advocating it as if you invented it, you have no right to complain about it being called "Farsight physics".
Meanwhile please demonstrate that it will be worth my while by reading say How gravity works and giving considered comment.
Lots of quote mining and VERY little understanding. I've worked with general relativity, so that's how I know.

Farsight

Post by Farsight » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 am

You don't understand it at all.

colubridae
Custom Rank: Rank
About me: http://www.essentialart.com/acatalog/Ed ... Stars.html

Post by colubridae » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 am

Farsight wrote:You don't understand it at all.
Fuck me is that it. :sighsm:

no pages fo rambling drivel... so it goes. :funny:
I have a well balanced personality. I've got chips on both shoulders

ChildInAZoo

Post by ChildInAZoo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Yeah, that's a pretty moronic answer. Effectively, Farsight has been telling everyone who has ever studied relativity theory that they do not understand it because they studies the theory and that Farsight understands the theory because he has never studied it.

lpetrich

Post by lpetrich » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Farsight wrote:You don't understand it at all.
Your post on that subject? Or general relativity?

Farsight, your quote mining in your "Gravity Explained" post would make a creationist proud. You ought to address theories *directly*, rather than argue from what Newton or Maxwell or Einstein or Feynman or whoever have stated. If you continually fail to do so, you don't deserve to be published in a reputable journal.

harleyborgais

Post by harleyborgais » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 am

To Farsight and Everyone,

My Math abilities also are limited, in my case, limited to trigonometry.

A true theory of everything must be presented with video, audio, words, numbers, and graphs and other images for all to understand. It is necessary to have 3d computer modeling, satellite images of black holes, of other galaxies, pulsars, nebulae, etc., and microscopic images of atoms, to complete such a theory. Myron Evans has the mathematics that are needed to prove these theories. I am working on these things.

Myron Evans wave equations, and Tetrad Postulate explain the math we need. Those are calculus however, and I am working now on learning that, but finding a better source of income is my top priority for now.

The Standard Model is fundamentally flawed, and everyone knows it, so lets all just loosen up and let go of the belief that it is the answer, because it is not. Let us instead focus on HOW it is flawed.

Those arrogant elitists will not be able to compete with those who actually understand how the forces of nature work. If "The Genesis of Relativity" is correct, than we can manipulate objects according to Faraday's law: Send a magnetic pulse past the target object -the target must be within a high-voltage potential which is at90-degrees to the direction and polarity of magnetic pulses-, and that target object should react. John Hutchison has recorded such effects, and Faraday's law is the key to repeating them. If the pulses are resonant with the target object the reaction will be maximized. Levitation at a distance is the key technology to replicators, transporters, impulse drive, inertial control&dampening, warp-drive, and every other technology you can imagine. The trick is to use interferometry, and different wave forms (like Tesla's 'Radiant' longitudinal waves instead of just the common 'Hertzian' transverse waves). We need to understand Electronics and Myron Evan's math to achieve these goals.

"just accept charge is charge, gravity and time is a mystery"
According to The Genesis of Relativity:
Charge is pressure on 3D space itself; i.e.: Negative Charge = Positive Pressure = Compression of 3D space. Positive Charge = Negative Pressure = Expansion of 3D space. Note: it is the centrifugal and centripetal forces of complex patterns of spin in 3Ds which maintains the pressure (which maintains any particle -and only the harmonic ones are stable: Electrons, Protons, and Neutrons inside stable Atoms).
Gravity is a total curvature divided by volume, or energy divided by space. Add up all the negatives and positives (not canceling the opposites), and you get the local curvature of gravity. Its effect stretches over a long distance, so it is the weakest force.
Time is the simultaneous progression of all the curvatures in our Physical 3Ds, through a fourth dimension, which we call the timeline. According to the map of existence in "How We Exist" (The Ancient Geometric Tree of Life -explained in modern terms) time is really the last one, the tenth one. To see how each dimension, and force of nature took form, in logical order, read the 22pg article: "How We Exist" at: freeornottobe.org.

"a neutron somehow contains a proton, an electron, and an antineutrino. Here are the reactions observed; which one happens depends on what is energetically favorable.
n -> p + e- + nu*
p -> n + e+ + nu
p + e- -> n + nu (electron capture)"

Clearly a Neutron DOES contain an Electron and Proton. Here is the confusion: a proton and electron combine into a neutron and emit a Neutrino. A Neutrino is a neutral curvature (momentum from each particle), which is momentum spinning in a flat curve, but traveling 90-degrees to that flat plane. This is why it is its own anti-particle, because you can just flip it around and two exactly oppose. You cannot do this with spherically spinning curvatures. HOWEVER: When a Neutron Breaks apart into a Proton and Electron, there is another particle emitted, an anti-neutrino. Also there is when a proton turns to a neutron, leaving an anti-electron/positron and another neutrino.
Consider that these are all pressure waves in motion, and when they form into a new entity, there is either an ejection or consumption of extra momentum. Either way, a wave effect is caused to radiate. When you do the opposite cause, you get an opposite effect -neutrinos and anti-neutrinos. The three basic particles here are stable because they are harmonic with each other. To reach a different form, which is still harmonic, extra momentum must be taken from or given out to the surrounding environment, giving us these temporary particles like neutrinos.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:42 am

Oh deary, deary me...

So many physics-sounding words...

All combined at random...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:46 am

Oh my. Farsight, Brain Man and Harley Davidson all in the same thread! Will the world explode?
Dogma is the death of the intellect

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:02 am

This thread is the epicentre of a tsunami of fail :smug:

[/topical]
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

hackenslash
Fundie Baiter...errr. Fun Debater
About me: I've got a little black book with my poems in...

Post by hackenslash » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:17 am

I would love to hear the following assessments:

1. Farsight's assessment of Brain Man's 'expanding Earth' nonsense.
2. Brain Man's assessment of Hardly Ableson's physics fail.
3. Harley's assessment of Farsight's physics fail.

In fact, I would like to hear each hold forth on both the others' chosen method to terminally fail to understand science. That would make for a good entertaining thread with lots of lulz.
Dogma is the death of the intellect

Brain Man
About me: Formerly Mr jobby till i was relieved of my duties.

Post by Brain Man » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Animavore wrote:This thread is the epicentre of a tsunami of fail :smug:

[/topical]
None of you guys can recognize interesting work when you see it, or are at least unwilling to admit it in public. That much is obvious.

Brain Man
About me: Formerly Mr jobby till i was relieved of my duties.

Post by Brain Man » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

hackenslash wrote:Oh my. Farsight, Brain Man and Harley Davidson all in the same thread! Will the world explode?
Hey its your loss. Remain in the dark ages, be backwards. I feel privileged to know some of these people.

Of course the mad thing is what farsight has been proposing is already accepted physics. He just tried to package it in an easy format. but you never knew that. Because you "perceived" it to be new, you just went on dark ages internet forum attack mode. Interesting little bit of psychology that is. And i never had to devise a test to unravel it either. I never actually revealed any of my own projects on a forum. But i was doing psychological tests to investigate first if i should bother, or if there was a way this format could be productive. The answer is it cant be.

Harley has an interesting solution for gravity...something we actually need, but again Harley you underestimate the backwards nature of these people (or at least how backwards they are in public). You are just wasting your time here and on most of the science forums in general. These people are a waste of space . They do nothing but hold each other back, and will hold you back if you let them. Its that in group thing..they want you to kiss ass and be their friend before they listen to anything. Mutual backscratching club.

Ok this isnt actually a hard science forum, but its related and the members in this section are mostly from the hard science forums. It doesn't matter what you have or how good. The groupishness factor is at its maximal, and if anybody is actually a member of them with a high post count, they probably aren't doing much thats productive in the first place, or actually interested to be part of much thats creative. The self organizing hierarchy is demanding that you kiss its ass first, and most of these peoples are out and out brown nosers trying to rack up high post counts so they stand some chance of shafting one of the bitches here at meetups.

Yes before you ask I will be unsubscribing from this one as well. Bring on facebook, online video conferencing and hopefully this will be the start of and end to the anonymous nonsense that has gone on with this type of forum format for too long.