Welcome to rationalia.com

New? Introduce yourself here.
AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Re: Welcome to rationalia.com

Post by AshtonBlack » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:53 am

devogue wrote:Shower of bastards.

Dozens of people signing up and abandoning TAF in their droves, and no one thought to tell me about it - even though I was the first and most high profile banning by OBC, and the catalyst for the shit storm that brought TAF down and created the circumstances for this forum to flourish. That I was 53rd to become a member here, invited almost as an afterthought, tells me everything I need to know about you lot.

:teafinger:
:funny:

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Pappa wrote:Beats alphabet spam. :tea:
Except that people still responded to a number of those threads.
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:03 pm

awww .. I remember when it was all so shiny and new and full of promise ... :shiver:
no fences

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Charlou wrote:awww .. I remember when it was all so shiny and new and full of promise ... :shiver:
When? :think:

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:47 pm

devogue wrote:
Charlou wrote:awww .. I remember when it was all so shiny and new and full of promise ... :shiver:
The day before you joined. :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

devogue

Post by devogue » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
devogue wrote:
The day before you joined. :tea:
Funtycook. :hehe:

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Yeah, then Pappa made me an Admin. :shifty:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Geoff
Pouncer

Post by Geoff » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:32 pm

devogue wrote:Shower of bastards.

Dozens of people signing up and abandoning TAF in their droves, and no one thought to tell me about it - even though I was the first and most high profile banning by OBC, and the catalyst for the shit storm that brought TAF down and created the circumstances for this forum to flourish. That I was 53rd to become a member here, invited almost as an afterthought, tells me everything I need to know about you lot.

:teafinger:
You were invited?

:pawiz:
"...anyone who says it’s “just the Internet” can :pawiz: . And then when they come back, they can :pawiz: again." - Tigger

Anne Jolene
Rampiantic

Post by Anne Jolene » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:05 pm

I had read only a few threads before I got jumped for being a sockpuppet. Having now seen the birthing of this forum, I think I understand that y'all don't like a party-crasher ~~~ sorry for crashing in. From the outside, with all the lights and smileys, it seemed like a big ol' block party ~ come one, come all. (Besides having been invited by a Dawkins fan. Twice. Friend of a friend of a friend .... )

There's an awful lot of gates to this community ~~ where is a newbie to knock and properly address onesnewself, so as to announce to the curious but not bore by repetition? I hardly know where to start with "a few words about myself", having failed so miserably the first time. :what?:

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Anne Jolene wrote:I had read only a few threads before I got jumped for being a sockpuppet. Having now seen the birthing of this forum, I think I understand that y'all don't like a party-crasher ~~~ sorry for crashing in. From the outside, with all the lights and smileys, it seemed like a big ol' block party ~ come one, come all. (Besides having been invited by a Dawkins fan. Twice. Friend of a friend of a friend .... )

There's an awful lot of gates to this community ~~ where is a newbie to knock and properly address onesnewself, so as to announce to the curious but not bore by repetition? I hardly know where to start with "a few words about myself", having failed so miserably the first time. :what?:
Hi Anne, sorry if you got a slightly less than warm welcome, we've had an issue with a couple of malicious Socks lately and probably tend to jump at shadows at the moment.

So let me welcome you to Ratz, so long as you brought bacon and cheese you will be more than welcome.

But I feel it only fair to warn you, we allow Welsh members, so things are a little odd here.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:32 pm

+1 to what DP said.. well nearly everything. :hehe: Sorry we didn't welcome you like we should have.

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Pappa wrote:+1 to what DP said. Sorry we didn't welcome you like we should have.
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!! A Welshman.!!!!!!

Run Away.!!!!!!

:panic:
D.N.A.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:34 am

DP wrote:
Anne Jolene wrote:I had read only a few threads before I got jumped for being a sockpuppet. Having now seen the birthing of this forum, I think I understand that y'all don't like a party-crasher ~~~ sorry for crashing in. From the outside, with all the lights and smileys, it seemed like a big ol' block party ~ come one, come all. (Besides having been invited by a Dawkins fan. Twice. Friend of a friend of a friend .... )

Hi Anne, sorry if you got a slightly less than warm welcome, we've had an issue with a couple of malicious Socks lately and probably tend to jump at shadows at the moment.
True ... My apologies for the cool reception, Anne .. Welcome to the forum. :flowers: :cheers:
no fences

Anne Jolene
Rampiantic

Post by Anne Jolene » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:10 am

Well, one thing I can say for sure is ~~ you don't roll out the welcome if you don't mean it ~~ and I got PROOF! :twoflower: :hehe:

That being the case, I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE your warm and hearty welcome ~~~ Thank you DP, Pappa, and Charlou. :huggeroo:

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Anne Jolene wrote:Well, one thing I can say for sure is ~~ you don't roll out the welcome if you don't mean it ~~ and I got PROOF! :twoflower: :hehe:

That being the case, I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE your warm and hearty welcome ~~~ Thank you DP, Pappa, and Charlou. :huggeroo:
I should mention that the welcome is conditional on large bribes gifts of cheese and bacon to the administrative staff,

except for XC, he's a lactose intolerant, teetotal, vegetarian. :hehe:
D.N.A.