Israel/Palestine Thread Part XXX

Gawd

Israel/Palestine Thread Part XXX

Post by Gawd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:42 pm

You know it was coming. I will summarize the previous 3 years of the Israel/Palestine thread below:

Rest of the World: Israel, why won't you recognize non-Jewish refugees?
Zionists: They are not Jews, that's why. And you're an anti-Semite.

Rest of the World: Israel, why don't you change your racist immigration laws to allow non-Jews equal chance to become citizens?

Rest of the World: Israel, why are you blockading the sea border of Gaza when you have no international rights to do so? The people of Gaza need to use it to transport vital food, medicine, and materials so that they can live and not be in perpetual poverty.

Rest of the World: Israel, why did you kill 1400 civilians in the Gaza Massacre and only a handful of what you label as "terrorists".

Rest of the World: Israel, why don't you recognize that other groups experienced genocide in WWII and that they greatly outnumber "Jewish" deaths?

Rest of the World: Define who is a "Jew".
Zionists: You are an anti-Semite, a Nazi, a KKK, and not fit to be a "Jew". JEW POWER! JEW POWER! JEW POWER!

And so on and so on.

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Re: Israel/Palestine Thread Part XXX

Post by normal » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Yes.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

Feck

Post by Feck » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:47 pm

As the ex-British Ambassador to Syria said when questioned about why the Syrians had WMD's (mustard gas ) " If you had to live next door to Israel you would too "
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:50 pm

I learned long ago not to touch this subject with a barge pole :coffee:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Wise Bass

Post by Wise Bass » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am

I can understand why. It's the type of topic that turns countless people into flaming shitheads, so to speak.

Plus, everything is blown up in size, every incident either a Martyrdom or International War Crime. I mean, we're talking about 6 million people fighting 2-4 million people over an area the size of Delaware.

Lucy Wiggin

Post by Lucy Wiggin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 am

Iranian president in Syria to discuss 'Zionist threats'

Prior to his arrival in Damascus, Ahmadinejad says Iran, Syria 'at the forefront of resistance to Zionist regime'
Dudi Cohen

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrived in Damascus Thursday morning for talks amid rising tensions between Israel and its Arab neighbors and US efforts to break up Syria' alliance with Tehran.

During his visit, Ahmadinejad is expected to meet his Syrian counterpart Bashar Assad as well as officials from the terror groups Hamas and Hezbollah.

Ahmadinejad said the talks will focus on "reaching new decisions on the possible threats" from Israel, adding that Iran and Syria "stand at the forefront of the resistance to the Zionist regime."

Speaking at the airport in Tehran before leaving for Syria, the Iranian leader said, "The Zionist regime and its supporters in the region are quickly approaching a dead end. The situation whereby the Zionists continually threaten countries near occupied Palestine makes it necessary for Iran and Syria to reach new decisions to deal with the possible threats from the Zionist regime."

Ahmadinejad's visit comes as the US announced the nomination of a career diplomat to become the first US ambassador to Damascus since 2005 and lifted an advisory on security concerns in Syria.
Washington's overtures to Syria, Iran's closest ally in the Arab world, coincide with rising US tension with Tehran.

About two weeks ago Ahmadinejad said during a telephone conversation with Assad that Israel should be resisted and finished off if it launched military action in the region.

"We have reliable information ... that the Zionist regime is after finding a way to compensate for its ridiculous defeats from the people of Gaza and Lebanon's Hezbollah," he told the Syrian leader.

"If the Zionist regime should repeat its mistakes and initiate a military operation, then it must be resisted with full force to put an end to it once and for all," Ahmadinejad said.

Reuters and AP contributed to the report
http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Articl ... 86,00.html
With the demise of the forums and the defection of the moderators, it's is time to say our last words.

Lucy Wiggins: I don't like you. I think that you are a racist bitch with a victim complex and is narcissistic.

-R.I.P
Gawd
Forum Member

InDeoRideo

Post by InDeoRideo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 am

Gawd wrote:You know it was coming. I will summarize the previous 3 years of the Israel/Palestine thread below:

Rest of the World: Israel, why don't you change your racist immigration laws to allow non-Jews equal chance to become citizens?

Rest of the World: Israel, why are you blockading the sea border of Gaza when you have no international rights to do so? The people of Gaza need to use it to transport vital food, medicine, and materials so that they can live and not be in perpetual poverty.

Rest of the World: Israel, why did you kill 1400 civilians in the Gaza Massacre and only a handful of what you label as "terrorists".

Rest of the World: Israel, why don't you recognize that other groups experienced genocide in WWII and that they greatly outnumber "Jewish" deaths?

Zionists: You are an anti-Semite, a Nazi, a KKK, and not fit to be a "Jew". JEW POWER! JEW POWER! JEW POWER!

And so on and so on.
Nice army of strawmen you built here. :clap:
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." Albert Einstein

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 am

InDeoRideo wrote:
Gawd wrote:You know it was coming. I will summarize the previous 3 years of the Israel/Palestine thread below:

And so on and so on.
Nope its true and similar arguments meant that 1948 declaration of independence of Israel happened.

They use anti-semitism WWII and holocaust to wriggle out *any* criticism no matter how valid.
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Eryemil

Post by Eryemil » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 am

No no no no no!

I was joking when I said I missed this thread. I was just joking!

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 am

redunderthebed wrote:
InDeoRideo wrote:

And so on and so on.
Nope its true and similar arguments meant that 1948 declaration of independence of Israel happened.

They use anti-semitism WWII and holocaust to wriggle out *any* criticism no matter how valid.
As a person with Jewish parents who grew up in a Jewish neighbourhood and went to a Jewish school from preschool to the seventh grade and has been surrounded by Zionists all his life, this certainly matches my experiences with them. You would not believe the amount of pro-Israel propaganda we were fed in school. We used to have monthly Zionist assemblies where Israeli soldiers would come in and tell us how great it is to fight for Israel. Being anti-Israel was constantly conflated with being anti-Semitic and many of my friends who came from that education system as well as my Jewish relatives believe the same. Not that I'm claiming that every Zionist uses such counter-arguments but I've yet to see any who don't.

Apollonius

Post by Apollonius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:21 am

I learned to completely ignore all threads about Israel on the RD.net forums, or just give myself a 2-post limit and move on.

There is just no use trying to voice your opinion about it.

I've been to Israel twice and looked and listened carefully. My impression is that politics and religion are hopelessly entangled, and this is a tradition that goes back over 2,000 years. Israelis are stubborn and don't think there is such a thing as an Israeli mistake. This even was evident in the ones I was meeting for business. I have a funny story about that but I will save it.
Another refugee from RD.net..
I just heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons...

redunderthebed
Commie Bastard
About me: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in each hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Post by redunderthebed » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 am

Lucy Wiggin wrote:
Iranian president in Syria to discuss 'Zionist threats'

Prior to his arrival in Damascus, Ahmadinejad says Iran, Syria 'at the forefront of resistance to Zionist regime'
Dudi Cohen

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad arrived in Damascus Thursday morning for talks amid rising tensions between Israel and its Arab neighbors and US efforts to break up Syria' alliance with Tehran.

During his visit, Ahmadinejad is expected to meet his Syrian counterpart Bashar Assad as well as officials from the terror groups Hamas and Hezbollah.

Ahmadinejad said the talks will focus on "reaching new decisions on the possible threats" from Israel, adding that Iran and Syria "stand at the forefront of the resistance to the Zionist regime."

Speaking at the airport in Tehran before leaving for Syria, the Iranian leader said, "The Zionist regime and its supporters in the region are quickly approaching a dead end. The situation whereby the Zionists continually threaten countries near occupied Palestine makes it necessary for Iran and Syria to reach new decisions to deal with the possible threats from the Zionist regime."

Ahmadinejad's visit comes as the US announced the nomination of a career diplomat to become the first US ambassador to Damascus since 2005 and lifted an advisory on security concerns in Syria.
Washington's overtures to Syria, Iran's closest ally in the Arab world, coincide with rising US tension with Tehran.

About two weeks ago Ahmadinejad said during a telephone conversation with Assad that Israel should be resisted and finished off if it launched military action in the region.

"We have reliable information ... that the Zionist regime is after finding a way to compensate for its ridiculous defeats from the people of Gaza and Lebanon's Hezbollah," he told the Syrian leader.

"If the Zionist regime should repeat its mistakes and initiate a military operation, then it must be resisted with full force to put an end to it once and for all," Ahmadinejad said.

Reuters and AP contributed to the report
http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Articl ... 86,00.html
Ahmadinejad is a nutter and not in the slightest bit representative of people who support the Palestinian cause.

I'm completely opposed to Zionism as I'm opposed to national-ism of all kinds.

Comes apart of the territory even the Communist Party of Israel is opposed to Zionism.
Trolldor wrote:Ahh cardinal Pell. He's like a monkey after a lobotomy and three lines of cocaine.
The Pope was today knocked down at the start of Christmas mass by a woman who hopped over the barriers. The woman was said to be, "Mentally unstable."

Which is probably why she went unnoticed among a crowd of Christians.
Cormac wrote: One thing of which I am certain. The world is a better place with you in it. Stick around please. The universe will eventually get around to offing all of us. No need to help it in its efforts...

Virus

Post by Virus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:27 am

And so on and so on.
The discussion didn't really happen like that. Nobody ever said that Israel can kill people for not being Jews, or blockade seaports for not being Jews. Israel strikes back against terrorist provocations and there is inevitable collateral damage. Israel blockades Gaza to prevent the smuggling of rockets and arms. You might disagree with these practices nobody ever said they were done because the Palestinians aren't Jews.
Rotox Records Youtube Channel.
Electronic, Drum & Bass.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rotoxrecords

Lucy Wiggin

Post by Lucy Wiggin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 am

I doubt the Egyptians close the border because the Palestinians aren't Jews.
With the demise of the forums and the defection of the moderators, it's is time to say our last words.

Lucy Wiggins: I don't like you. I think that you are a racist bitch with a victim complex and is narcissistic.

-R.I.P
Gawd
Forum Member

Nickel
About me: What can I say - I'm a talented individual

Post by Nickel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Feck wrote: "If you had to live next door to Israel you would too "
BUUUUUUUURN!

But yeah seriously fuck Israel. Or, to be more verbose about it, fuck the Israeli government. What's happening over there has throwbacks to certain regimes in the 1930's and 40's (LOL GODWIN is avoided because I'm talking about Soviet Russia, too.)
Capture Jesus and take his super-powers!