All Things Biden: Is It Over Yet?

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: All Things Biden: Is It Over Yet?

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:08 am

The Biden administration, destroying America one step at a time. :smoke:

'DOJ Relies on Gorsuch's 'Bostock' Opinion in Telling Federal Agencies Title IX Anti-Discrimination Protections Apply to Gay and Transgender Students'
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Division of Civil Rights determined that anti-discrimination policies enshrined under Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972 provide legal protection for gay and transgender students, reversing the Trump-era interpretation of the law. In doing so, DOJ relied heavily on a Supreme Court opinion penned by Donald Trump appointee Neil Gorsuch.

In a three-page memo dated March 26, Deputy Attorney General Pamela S. Karlan said that the department used the same reasoning put forth by Gorsuch in his landmark Bostock v. Clayton County opinion. Prior to joining the Biden administration’s DOJ, Karlan was the co-director of the Stanford Supreme Court Litigation Clinic and actually argued the Bostock case before the high court. Karlan is also remembered for serving as an expert witness for Democrats during Trump’s first impeachment.

In Bostock, the court held that under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the prohibition on discriminating against individuals because of “sex” also extended to sexual orientation and transgender status.

“Today, we must decide whether an employer can fire someone simply for being homosexual or transgender,” Gorsuch wrote in the opening paragraph of the opinion. “The answer is clear. An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids.”

Noting that courts often look to interpretations of Title VII to “inform” interpretations of Title IX, the Biden administration said it was following the same logic in applying anti-discrimination measures to schools that receive federal funding.

“After considering the text of Title IX, Supreme Court caselaw, and developing jurisprudence in this area, the Division has determined that the best reading of Title IX’s prohibition on discrimination ‘on the basis of sex’ is that it includes discrimination on the basis of gender identity and sexual orientation,” the memo stated.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:21 am

"... the Trump-era ..."

I'm fond of an irrelevant hyphen here-and-there, but surely it should be '... the Trump period ...', or better still, '... the Trump administration's ...'.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 am

I agree that phrasing ('Trump-era') is glib in this context. The rest of the article is pretty much inoffensive boilerplate though.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:14 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 am
I agree that phrasing ('Trump-era') is glib in this context. The rest of the article is pretty much inoffensive boilerplate though.
Yeah, it was about the only thing I had to take issue with. ;)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:26 pm

The Trumpocene.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:03 pm

At least we were spared the Trumpocalypse.

For now........
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 pm

Aw, you guys miss him SO much. Who will you blame now that he's been removed from the safe-spaces?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Aw, you guys miss him SO much. Who will you blame now that he's been removed from the safe-spaces?
Biden/Harris.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

All Things Biden: Is It Over Yet?

Post by BarnettNewman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:22 pm

And Moscow Mitch

ETA who has always been the real problem all along

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:31 pm

Cunt wrote:
Yes, we really miss him.
:thinks:
Who are we talking about?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 pm

Cunt wrote:
Whomever we consider responsible. Just like always.

I guess it's a comfort to some to believe that people only objected to the Trump administration because they didn't like the man personally - particularly if it denudes some adverse analysis of any (or all) context, and thus makes them feel like they don't have to apply themselves to the nitty-gritty, nuts-and-bolts of politics like policy, justification, and implementation. In a world seemingly awash with problems and beset by chaos a nice simple story like that protects the disinterested from having to give even half of a single shit about the things carried out in their name, and apparently on their behalf. :tea:

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:06 pm

Oh man, I've been jonesing for my "orange man bad!! ;ob;" fix so badly. I'm glad of the sympathy from my leftie brother from the north. He really understands. Such a perceptive fellow.

Meanwhile, back at the White House the press isn't getting near the same sub-rosa access as it had to the previous administration.

'The Trump White House provided reporters with a gusher of leaks. With Biden, everything’s changed.'
After two and a half months of Joe Biden’s presidency, something is missing from the news coverage of his administration: leaks.

Juicy details about the president’s behind-the-scenes conduct and decision-making? No one seems able to dig up anything interesting.

Early forecasts of major policy proposals on the horizon, a.k.a. the grand tradition of the Washington trial balloon? A story we’re not getting to read these days.

Reporters drank lustily from the fire hose of leaks that emanated from the West Wing during the past four years. President Donald Trump’s inexperience and chaotic management style begot “West Side Story”-level infighting among subordinates, which translated into the drip-drip-drip of insider accounts, sometimes on a near-daily basis. The leaks were pooled into detailed narratives, featuring multiple sources. Despite periodic vows of a crackdown, the leaks ran nearly unplugged for four years, including during Trump’s final, desperate days in office.

Since then, the pipeline has gone dry.

When the $1.9 trillion stimulus package was taking shape in February, readers and viewers had few glimpses into how Biden and his advisers molded it. There were no leaks describing inside-the-room scenes of aides hashing out the president’s priorities.

A similar opacity has attended another monumental spending proposal, the $2 trillion-plus infrastructure-and-job-creation bill under consideration in Congress. How exactly did some of its proposed features, such as big expenditures on broadband connections, clean energy and housing for seniors, come about?

“No question, the Trump White House leaked a lot, especially in the early days when the tribal rivalries were fiercest,” said New York Times reporter Peter Baker. “The Biden people have come in more disciplined so far, and we haven’t had as much insight into the behind-the-scenes fights and debates inside the White House.”
Last edited by L'Emmerdeur on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Didn't young Biden get a juicy 'book deal' for his recent embarrassing data disclosure?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:02 pm

If so, is that evidence of some form of Democrat corruption, or is it, more prosaically, a publisher realising that the book will sell like hotcakes because of public interest (for whatever reason) in young Biden?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:18 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 pm
Didn't young Biden get a juicy 'book deal' for his recent embarrassing data disclosure?
For anything that sells, really. What you call "his recent embarrassing data disclosure" does not appear because it's a figment of the far right's fertile imagination.

The best selling point at the moment seems to be his consumption of Parmesan cheese. Every news outlet mentions it.
Hunter Biden was smoking parmesan cheese, 'anything that resembles crack' at height of addiction

Hunter Biden, 51, admitted he was abusing alcohol and drugs and barely slept after the death of his brother Beau in 2015.

"I spent more time on my hands and knees picking through rugs, smoking anything that even remotely resembles crack/cocaine," Biden told CBS Sunday Morning.

"I probably smoked more parmesan cheese than anyone that you know, I'm sure."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould