The Thread of Democrats

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by BarnettNewman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Cunt wrote:Image
In Trump’s case it’s because the comic book that explained what Executive Orders are hadn’t been put together until the second week. After that it was smooth sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:24 pm

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:54 pm

I'm hearing a lot of references to this 'Thomas Sowell'. Anyone know his work?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:54 pm
I guess it doesn't matter that the supposed Ocasio-Cortez quote is false. After all, it's more important to disparage the nasty leftist than it is to be factually correct, amiright?

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:22 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 am
Cunt wrote:
I guess it doesn't matter that the supposed Ocasio-Cortez quote is false. After all, it's more important to disparage the nasty leftist than it is to be factually correct, amiright?
It's a meme that harmonises with our member from Yellowknife's bias, so it must be right. Right?

This is what Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez really said during an interview with Anderson Cooper:
Cooper: One of the criticisms of you is that your math is fuzzy. The Washington Post recently awarded you four Pinocchios...

Ocasio-Cortez: Oh my goodness.

Cooper: ...for misstating some statistics about Pentagon spending.

Ocasio-Cortez: If people want to really blow up one figure here or one word there, I would argue that they're missing the forest for the trees. I think that there's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

Cooper: But being factually correct is important—

Ocasio-Cortez: It's absolutely important. And whenever I make a mistake. I say, "Okay, this was clumsy." and then I restate what my point was. But it's— it's not the same thing as— as the president lying about immigrants. It's not the same thing, at all.
Link
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:45 am

Cunt wrote:
He's a pretty well regarded free-market economist.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Forget independents. Political issues don't matter once candidates are chosen, only turnout:

"We estimate 51 percent of the voting population are Democrats, but Republicans are more likely to vote," the report states. "Democrats have to run a superior ground game to overcome this."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258438
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Hermit wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:22 am
Link
:hehe: That's what I get for being cagey. I had the shoe ready to drop in response to the expected guff, but you slapped it down for me. Mine was the CBS transcript which includes the relevant section of the interview, in acknowledgement of the tenuous reach of the YouTube in the subarctic.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:44 pm

He sounds conservative, but a cursory read suggests he started more Marxist. Might just look for an audiobook...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:55 am
I bet those chicks aren't speaking to each other anymore.
Well, given the clothes and weapons in the illustration, both are likely long dead. However, they made up after their duel.
The “Petticoat Duel,” as it has been called, was between Lady Almeria Braddock and Mrs. Elphinstone in London in 1792. According to reports, the debate was sparked when Mrs. Elphinstone insulted Lady Braddock with a comment about her age, calling her older than she claimed to be. To settle the score, Lady Braddock challenged Mrs. Elphinstone to a duel in Hyde Park.They started with pistols as heir weapons. Neither woman was injured by a bullet, but Lady Braddock’s hat was not so lucky. Since neither combatant was hurt in the gunfight, they opted for swords. Mrs. Elphinstone was the victim this time, taking a cut to the arm. After that, she apologized for her comment, and the two were friends once again.
Never dispute a lady's age. :hehe:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:22 pm

...or her aim.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:01 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:57 pm
Forget independents. Political issues don't matter once candidates are chosen, only turnout:

"We estimate 51 percent of the voting population are Democrats, but Republicans are more likely to vote," the report states. "Democrats have to run a superior ground game to overcome this."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1258438
Republicans are better at gerrymandering and making it difficult for poor people to vote.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:32 pm

Yes, I think we are heading to the situation where Georgians will only be able to vote at one huge arena in Alabama and Alabamans in one huge arena In Georgia. At 2-3PM.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 pm

Ah, transparency! Sure is good you got the corrupt guy out, and got this new corrupt guy in...
Grassley asked Garland if he was saying that Durham would only be removed "for cause." Garland didn't commit to that either.

"I would have to have an opportunity to talk with him," Garland said. "I have not had that opportunity. As I said, I don't have any reason, from what I know now, which is really very little, to make any determination on that ground. But I don't have any reason to think that he should not remain in place."

Garland also would not commit to releasing Durham's full report.

"I am a great believer in transparency," Garland said. "I would, though, have to talk with Mr. Durham and understand the nature of what he's been doing and the nature of the report. But I am very much committed to transparency and to explaining Justice Department decision-making."
Now, if this investigation hurt Trump, you KNOW they would release every crumb. If, alternately, some other entity could be damaged by the report, well, then it would be different.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:28 pm

For those who are puzzled by what our member from Yellowknife is posting about, this is about the confirmation hearing of Merrick Garland, nominee to be Attorney General.
And asked whether he would commit to providing Special Counsel John Durham the resources to complete his investigation into the origins of the FBI's Trump-Russia probe, Garland said he needed to learn more but saw no justification at the moment for removing Durham, who has been at work since 2019 but was given the full autonomy of a special counsel last October.

“I understand that he has been permitted to remain in his position, and sitting here today I have no reason to think that that was not the correct decision,” Garland told Grassley. “From what I know now, which is really very little to make any determination ... I don’t have any reason to think that he should not remain in place.”

However, Garland also appeared to suggest some of the issues Durham was assigned to explore already have been adequately investigated by the Justice Department’s inspector general as part of a report that found widespread errors and omissions in the FBI’s handling of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act applications.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould