Media Bias

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 pm

Did they open the Hunter Biden story before, or after the election? I can't remember when they decided to pursue that, or if the timing made them suspiciously Democrat-friendly...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:34 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 pm
and dismissing literal calls to violence as jokes on their own side.
Citation required.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:40 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:11 pm
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-18/ ... a/13166208
Facebook will restrict publishers and people in Australia from sharing or viewing Australian and international news content.

The announcement comes in response to proposed new laws in Australia that would force tech companies to negotiate with media companies over how much to pay them for news content.

The move would also prevent people overseas from sharing Australian content on the social media site.

Facebook said the law fundamentally misunderstood the relationship between their platform and publishers who use it to share news content.

It said it faced the stark choice between attempting to comply with a law, or banning news content on its services in Australia — and "with a heavy heart" it was choosing the latter.
This is a classic example of Hermit's point that the key motivation for social media companies is protecting their profit margins. Not being on Facebook, it will not affect me in the slightest.
Interesting, Google just yesterday came to a deal with Nine and Seven offering them around $30 million a year.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:55 am

Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:41 pm
The wound was to Maza. Crowder got a lot of flak, but won in the end. Advertising changed a bit.

Crowder is interviewing Alex Jones now, about the worst day of his life.
Crowder was demonetized, yes? For something like a year? Sounds like his mouth shot his foot. :smug:
It's ok. He has some wealthy patrons who are very happy with his content. He doesn't need YouTube's $300 for 1million views, or whatever it is these days.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:59 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:55 am
It's ok. He has some wealthy patrons who are very happy with his content. He doesn't need YouTube's $300 for 1million views, or whatever it is these days.
I don't know which one you meant, but I bet they both do anyway.

Jones' account was a perspective I hadn't heard yet. No surprise, since mainstream media has a nervous tic around him.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:16 am

Coz he's a fucking nutbag.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:18 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:16 am
Coz he's a fucking nutbag.
Could be true.

Since he was there, and organized it, I think his perspective has value that others lack.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:21 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:55 am
Joe wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:41 pm
The wound was to Maza. Crowder got a lot of flak, but won in the end. Advertising changed a bit.

Crowder is interviewing Alex Jones now, about the worst day of his life.
Crowder was demonetized, yes? For something like a year? Sounds like his mouth shot his foot. :smug:
Ah, it's easy to play edgy dude when you've got a sugar daddy or two with your back. Of course, it makes the whole crybaby conservative thing even more silly.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:34 am

I'm glad I took the time to hear from the guy who organized it. If it is a serious event, it's probably good to hear from the guy who organized it, right?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:27 am

Ms. Owens on the media coverage...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:44 am

Screen cap of twitter. Must be true.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:21 am

Checking my emails this morning I found a message from Youtube advising me that it has removed a video I uploaded last October. It was of a man stealing a "Biden 2020" from someone's front yard. Youtube's excuse was that it violates their sex and nudity policy. Strangely enough , there was no sex, and although the thief was naked, potentially objectionable parts of his anatomy had been obscured.

I'm onto you, Youtube. You censored me on political grounds. Your organisation is secretly a Trump shill, and you could not tolerate a video clip that shows a trump supporter in a bad light! :irate:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:08 am

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:10 am

When Facebook runs your country expect worse.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:16 am

Well talk of the devil:

Facebook's botched Australia news ban hits health departments, charities and its own pages
Social media company’s ban on sharing news has also affected dozens of government, not-for-profit and community pages

The Bureau of Meteorology, state health departments, the Western Australian opposition leader, charities and Facebook itself are among those to have been hit by Facebook’s ban on news in Australia.

On Thursday morning Facebook began preventing Australian news sites from posting, while also stopping Australian users from sharing or viewing content from any news outlets, both Australian and international.

The social media giant said it made the decision in response to the news media bargaining code currently before the Senate, which would force Facebook and Google to negotiate with news companies for payment for content.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".