Conspiracy Theories

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Conspiracy Theories

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:46 pm

Bullshit. The far right doesn't move to the centre. It stays at the far right.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:21 pm

And the whole premise is absurd. Sliding re-definition of that sort simply doesn't happen.

The reality is that content, images and writing is removed from social media because it contains incitement to violence or hate speech/racial vilification, not because someone decides that it has to go because it is ideologically to the right. If some neo-Maoist loonies were to incite violent actions on social media, they too would have their material removed.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:32 am

Not everyone believes in 'hate-speech'. It was one of the earlier 'Change My Mind' segments Crowder did.

One doesn't have to agree with him, to appreciate the fact that many people don't agree to a definition of 'hatespeech'. I guess it's a conspiracy theory.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:42 am

Luckily, you or Crowder don't get to decide what is hate speech.

Just as drug dealers don't get to decide what constitutes the sale of illegal substances... :tea:
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:43 am

No, but he is in the US, where you are also among the list of people who doesn't get to decide to decree something hatespeech.

Someone should probably attack Project Veritas for their ACORN investigation, and quick. Maybe facebook can call Zuckerberg a hatespeech...or something...
https://www.projectveritas.com/news/fac ... f-his-own/
In July of 2020, Zuckerberg said he was worried about the impact a COVID-19 vaccine would have on an individual’s DNA and RNA.

“But I do just want to make sure that I share some caution on this [vaccine] because we just don't know the long-term side effects of basically modifying people's DNA and RNA…basically the ability to produce those antibodies and whether that causes other mutations or other risks downstream. So, there's work on both paths of vaccine development,” Zuckerberg said.

A few months later, in November, Zuckerberg hosted a public live stream with Dr. Anthony Fauci and contradicted the statement he had made in a private meeting during the summer:
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:50 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:43 am
No, but he is in the US, where you are also among the list of people who doesn't get to decide to decree something hatespeech.
Ah, you do know that I'm in Oz, not the US?

And I am perfectly happy to have hate speech defined by a legal process, informed by intelligent public opinion, not the special pleading of right-wing bully boys who may wish to be allowed to spew their venom about kikes, niggers and gays over the internet...
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:54 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:25 pm
Premise three doesn't hold. Replace 'free speech' with 'liberty', 'censor' with 'criminalise', and 'the far right' with 'the extremely violent'. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:01 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:50 am
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:43 am
Ah, you do know that I'm in Oz, not the US?

And I am perfectly happy to have hate speech defined by a legal process, informed by intelligent public opinion, not the special pleading of right-wing bully boys who may wish to be allowed to spew their venom about kikes, niggers and gays over the internet...
I understand that you think hatespeech is clear, well defined and everything. What I'm pointing out is that the US legal system, and plenty of people who deserve respect, disagree.

You can look at his video, and hear his position if you want, but calling him venemous it is a bit rich. I knew about his ribald comedy already, and this wasn't that. (except maybe for the morphsuit)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:06 am

I wasn't meaning him to be venomous, simply that a whole bunch of neo-Nazis and the like (who are truly venomous) would love there to be no hate speech laws whatsoever...

There is always room for argument over particular cases that may lie at the boundary of what is acceptable or not, but there is also clear, straightforward areas where the content simply must be banned. No need to invoke weird conspiracy theories, most people would want the truly poisonous stuff gone from the internet...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:11 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:06 am
I wasn't meaning him to be venomous, simply that a whole bunch of neo-Nazis and the like (who are truly venomous) would love there to be no hate speech laws whatsoever...

There is always room for argument over particular cases that may lie at the boundary of what is acceptable or not, but there is also clear, straightforward areas where the content simply must be banned. No need to invoke weird conspiracy theories, most people would want the truly poisonous stuff gone from the internet...
I don't think hate speech laws help without a serious optimism bias, and I don't think the lack of them produces hate.

Getting back to conpsiracy theories, there is a new one that the Lincoln Project is getting cancelled for child abuse.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:40 am

There is significant explanatory power in such failure to distinguish conspiracy theory from legitimate news.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:56 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:40 am
There is significant explanatory power in such failure to distinguish conspiracy theory from legitimate news.
Conspiracy theories are wacky and fun. Real news and scientific analysis are boring, and require intellectual effort to peruse... :tea:
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:18 am

Labeling everything that the left doesn't want talked about as 'conspiracy theory' is a conspiracy theory.

(spoilered to hide the proof of the conspiracy theory)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:18 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:18 am
Labeling everything that the left doesn't want talked about as 'conspiracy theory' is a conspiracy theory.
Do you have evidence to support that?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:20 am

Every 'leftie' news outlet has had prominent stories about the Lincoln Project's internal problems and dirty laundry. If right wing podcast nudniks are telling a different story, they're lying.