US Election 2020

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Seabass » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:07 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:52 am

Was this the day of the vote?
https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/1194272702326243328

It looks like a rare pokemon
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:09 am

Lock them up!

Independent:
House Democrats moved one step closer Monday morning to
invoking Section 3 of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, which allows Congress to remove any legislators engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the United States. They will find no better example of incitement than the anti-democracy cheerleading done by Republican Senators Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz.

Newly elected Congresswoman Cori Bush stepped forward to file formal legislation urging the removal of any elected officials involved in inciting last Wednesday’s deadly terrorist attack against the United States, but Hill insiders tell me the effort is focused squarely at Hawley and Cruz. Both are potential 2024 presidential contenders who sought a foothold among the far-right extremists willing to die for President Donald Trump, and both now find themselves isolated and subject to stinging criticism from all corners of American society.

Prior to the insurrection that left five Americans dead — including a police officer reportedly brutally bludgeoned to death by “pro-police” Trump supporters — Cruz and Hawley delighted in roleplaying the parts of gentleman revolutionaries. A darkly iconic photo taken just before the riots shows Hawley, his jaw set in TV-ready defiance, pumping his fist at the rioters in a show of solidarity. Earlier in the day Cruz stopped by the mob to deliver a rousing speech about fighting for Trump at all costs.

Cruz and Hawley soaked up fawning right-wing media praise for their refusal to accept the results of the 2020 presidential election right up until the moment violent insurrectionists kicked down the doors of the Capitol and seized the floor of the Senate. But in the moment their made-for-television revolution became chillingly real, Hawley and Cruz were nowhere to be found.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 am

The cowards hid in the basement.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:20 am

Unfortunately they've got the ball rolling. So, even if they did only miscalculate a bit of theater this time, they may do worse if given another chance to be more than an actor. I think this is true regardless of their intentions today ie they may sincerely oppose doing more than theatrics, but they will be influenced over time by what they've created...

They really should be removed.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:56 am

If this was an attempted insurrection, can anyone tell me what the plan was?

Grandmas for Trump show up, force their entry, and...?

I get that it's crazy, I get that people died. It's tragic. My preference is 'no deaths due to rioting'.

I don't have any idea what they expected to do. Martyr themselves?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:16 am

Insurrection doesn't imply success. They obviously hoped to stop the steal.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:18 am

Apparently they wanted to hang Mike Pence (and perhaps others). Not sure if that's insurrection or terrorism.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:39 am

Ex-head of Capitol police: officials reluctant to call in national guard

The head of the Capitol police who resigned over the storming of Congress last week has given a detailed account of security failings, as warnings have emerged in recent days of fresh violent plots.

Steven Sund said there was reluctance by senior officials involved in security in Congress and at the Pentagon to have the national guard put on standby even as fears mounted over the potential for violence. One of Sund’s officers died during the assault by a pro-Trump mob.

In an interview with the Washington Post, Sund claimed the House of Representatives’ sergeant-at-arms, Paul Irving, said he was not comfortable with the “optics” of declaring an emergency ahead of the demonstration, while the sergeant-at-arms at the Senate, Michael Stenger, suggested he should only informally seek for the national guard to be put on standby.

Irving and Stenger, who also resigned over last week’s attack, have not commented on Sund’s allegations.

Claiming he sought assistance on some dozen occasions both in the run-up to the rally and in the midst of the rioting, Sund told the paper: “If we would have had the national guard [available] we could have held them at bay longer, until more officers from our partner agencies could arrive,” he said.

Describing the delays in deploying the national guard as the mob pushed past Sund’s officers to enter the Capitol as Congress was sitting to certify Joe Biden’s victory in November’s presidential election, Sund said he joined a 2.26pm conference call with the Pentagon to plead for help, but once again received pushback because of the perceived “optics” of deploying the national guard.

“I am making an urgent, urgent immediate request for national guard assistance,” Sund said. “I have got to get boots on the ground.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... y-failings
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:43 am

Armed protests being planned at all 50 state capitols, FBI bulletin says

Starting this week and running through at least Inauguration Day, armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols and at the U.S. Capitol, according to an internal FBI bulletin obtained by ABC News.

The FBI has also received information in recent days on a group calling for “storming” state, local and federal government courthouses and administrative buildings in the event President Donald Trump is removed from office prior to Inauguration Day. The group is also planning to “storm” government offices in every state the day President-elect Joe Biden will be inaugurated, regardless of whether the states certified electoral votes for Biden or Trump.

"The FBI received information about an identified armed group intending to travel to Washington, DC on 16 January," the bulletin read. "They have warned that if Congress attempts to remove POTUS via the 25th Amendment, a huge uprising will occur."
https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-protest ... d=75179771

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 am

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:56 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:18 am
Apparently they wanted to hang Mike Pence (and perhaps others). Not sure if that's insurrection or terrorism.
Do you think you could hang him, without bringing any guns? Was this coordinated online like that 'network enabled anarchy' white paper described?

It doesn't look reasonable to me. It looks like lots of assholes were looking for general mayhem there, but when you want to hang one of the most protected people on the planet, do you bring a gun? Or your fancy horn hat?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 am

Trump's a lot smarter than you. But I think this is something you would probably get in another context.

--//--

Disputes over definitions are bound to happen.

What would you like to achieve with a better definition? I don't want to lose the significance of what has happened, especially as it relates to assessing risk.

You seem to be looking for a way to minimize the significance of what happened. Is that fair?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:37 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 am
Trump's a lot smarter than you. But I think this is something you would probably get in another context.

--//--

Disputes over definitions are bound to happen.

What would you like to achieve with a better definition? I don't want to lose the significance of what has happened, especially as it relates to assessing risk.

You seem to be looking for a way to minimize the significance of what happened. Is that fair?
I think it's bigger, but ok. I'll be clear. I think it is very significant, and it has motives that are very confusing.

I do understand the kind of tactics recently used on the BLM/Antifa protest, maybe with some of their knowledge, but not necessarily.
Untitled-1.png
The black bloc/antifa/anarchists organize with goals, tactics and strategies to get there. You can easily imagine conversations by rioters afterward, where they knew they had clearly accomplished their goals, or had not.

But here, we have grandmas for Trump. If the video is to be believed (possibly) one of the invaders (attendees?) said CLEARLY they were doing a revolution. No mask, by the way.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:56 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:18 am
Do you think you could hang him, without bringing any guns?
You don't need guns for a hanging. You only need a rope. Duh.
It doesn't look reasonable to me. It looks like lots of assholes were looking for general mayhem there, but when you want to hang one of the most protected people on the planet, do you bring a gun? Or your fancy horn hat?
There were guns there, and there was at least one guy running around there with zip tie handcuffs. It's pretty obvious this is a serious security threat. However, I can understand why you wouldn't think so.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.