The thread where you couldn't be bothered posting the article

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: The thread where you couldn't be bothered posting the articl

Post by Seabass » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:43 pm

Oh, apparently several people had zip ties and handcuffs, too.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:48 pm

Kinky...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:03 pm

Bombs?

Is that what you call the stuff the rioters bring to nearly every riot, and hand out to rubes?

I read the authorities call them 'explosive devices', but don't know if they were fireworks, or C4, from your description.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:07 pm

They found a couple of pipe bombs, apparently...
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:14 pm

... and molotovs and "ingredients required to make napalm" whatever that means... :dunno:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:16 pm

Nah, I'm not buying it. You don't just get up and leave when you are attempting a coup. You also don't leave your guns at home. It was a violent protest/riot, not a coup.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:25 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:16 pm
Nah, I'm not buying it. You don't just get up and leave when you are attempting a coup. You also don't leave your guns at home. It was a violent protest/riot, not a coup.
I agree regarding the bulk of the mob. But what about the ones who had guns, explosives, zip ties, and handcuffs? What would have happened had they actually gotten their hands on members of congress?

And there was a lot of talk on parler about civil war and what have you leading up to the incident, so there was some premeditation by some...

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:17 am

To me, it was more than just a violent riot, but less than a realistic coup. They were certainly looking to disrupt the legitimate workings of government in the form of processing the electoral college votes. I think they honestly thought that they had a chance of touching off a more wide-spread process, and at least dreamt that it may result in Trump somehow remaining in power...
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:49 am

Let's also remember that Trump incited this riot a block away from the Capitol building while they were certifying the new administration. The time and place of this "rally" was not a coincidence.

Listen to that speech. He wanted that mob to do something to Congress. Who knows what exactly, but he knows how to whip up a mob into a frenzy and he knew what to say to them to get them to go to the Capitol.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:54 am

More video that I hadn't seen. Watch this and tell me it wasn't an attempted coup. The mob had erected a gallows in front of the capital and were chanting "hang Mike Pence".

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:13 am

It all depends whether you think a coup needs to have at least some chance of success. Their political theatre was nasty (as always), but realistically it was not going to be more of a delay to the electoral college process, and a signal to Trump supporters saying "look at us, ain't we brave Trumpists..."
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:16 am

Trump was deliberately 'trying to stage a coup,' a former White House national-security official says

President Donald Trump "was trying to stage a coup" by inciting his supporters to storm the Capitol, but it failed because the military did not join in, Fiona Hill, who was a national-security official under Trump, told The Daily Beast.

A mob of Trump's supporters violently stormed the Capitol building on Wednesday, hours after the president urged them to "fight much harder" to overturn the election result.

They broke police lines and entered the building through broken doors and windows before ransacking lawmakers' offices and entering the House and Senate chambers.

Hill, who was an advisor on Russia from 2017 to 2019, suggested that an intervention from all 10 living former defense secretaries this week had prevented armed forces from becoming involved in a coup attempt.

"The president was trying to stage a coup," she told The Daily Beast. "There was little chance of it happening, but there was enough chance that the former defense secretaries had to put out that letter, which was the final nail through that effort.

"They prevented the military from being involved in any coup attempt. But instead, Trump tried to incite it himself.

"This could have turned into a full-blown coup had he had any of those key institutions following him," Hill said.

She added that "just because it failed or didn't succeed doesn't mean it wasn't real."

There had been growing concern in defense circles that the president, as he continued to baselessly insist he won the election, would attempt to involve the military after his former national security advisor Michael Flynn floated the idea of bringing in troops to "rerun" the election.

Lawmakers including Democratic Rep. Seth Moulton and Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger have also accused Trump of trying to launch a coup. Three European security officials in conversations with Insider this week also characterized Trump's actions as a coup attempt.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-t ... ill-2021-1

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:18 am

I agree that some Trump supporters (and possibly even Trump himself) indulged in fantasies that their actions may actually catalyse a real coup, but they were still only fantasies...
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:22 am

I'd rather treat them as real threats. It's how we prosecute any number of crimes less serious than this.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:23 am

Did they really get Pelosi's laptop?

It would be hilarious if the drunken old clown had an easy password or something...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.