Straya!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Straya!

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:01 am

Bit of flooding and sharks start cruising down the street.

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:17 am

:lol:

That should discourage the local hoons from indulging in their usual wakeboarding on flooded streets.

Meanwhile, Sydney's northern beaches area has been hit with a new coronavirus cluster, and it is growing fast. Another ten cases were identified up to two hours ago since this article reported 17 yesterday. The source is believed to be one member of a band playing at the Avalon RSL club. Fucking morons, still going to clubs...

State borders are being closed all over the place, but not before one woman who turned out to be positive flew from Sydney to Brisbane. Queensland has two new cases now...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:23 am

Oh shit. Back to border passes for me again.. :sigh:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:23 am

By the way, this is proof that masks don't work. Because reasons.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:50 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:23 am
By the way, this is proof that masks don't work. Because reasons.
I know, I know.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:55 am
MASKS KILL.
and
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:02 pm
The sudden rise in numbers correlates with mandatory mask wearing and other lockdown measures.
It explains why the death rate in Australia is a massive 35/million and 5/million in New Zealand, while it is only 602 in the Netherlands. I know Scot Dutchy will repeat the mantra that the rate in Dutchland is not due to not wearing masks. It's due to the Dutch population is so dense. I guess he's right. You'd have to be pretty dense not to take any available precautions.

Then again, maybe not. Sweden's population density is less than 1/20th of Netherlands, and yet its death rate is higher. 779/million. Sweden eschews mandatory mask wearing and other lockdown measures. Could it possibly be that...?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:14 am

Fuck your fairy data!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:30 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:14 am
Fuck your fairy data!
Even the ones from RIVM?

They're Dutch, you know?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:04 am

Why do you keep on trying to compare countries? You cant. Every situation is unique. For Ozland and Fernland you are kilometres from anyone. Your urban concentrations are kilometres apart and should be easy to control. We have invisible borders with our neighbours. Daily comings and goings since Schengen is completely non-restricted; there are no border controls.
Another point it is summer where you are. Our figures dropped very low during our summer. Your infrastructure in no comparison to the European one. So stop this pissing up the wall. Fernland should have no problems at all with their tiny population with hardly any urbanisation. Even so they dont manage. Cant sheep carry it?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:54 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:04 am
Why do you keep on trying to compare countries? You cant. Every situation is unique.
While there are differences between countries there are also similarities. For instance, despite their many differences, The Netherlands, The USofA and Sweden share a common reluctance to wear masks and follow lockdown measures. They also share a notably high death rate due to the Coronavirus. In contrast Australia, Japan and New Zealand share a common willingness to wear masks and follow lockdown measures. They also share a notably low death rate due to the Coronavirus. And yes, there are many differences between those counties too. There you go. Comparisons made. Obviously, no double-blind studies can be made, but I note you have not provided any for your hypothesis either.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Hermit wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:54 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Why do you keep on trying to compare countries? You cant. Every situation is unique.
While there are differences between countries there are also similarities. For instance, despite their many differences, The Netherlands, The USofA and Sweden share a common reluctance to wear masks and follow lockdown measures. They also share a notably high death rate due to the Coronavirus. In contrast Australia, Japan and New Zealand share a common willingness to wear masks and follow lockdown measures. They also share a notably low death rate due to the Coronavirus. And yes, there are many differences between those counties too. There you go. Comparisons made. Obviously, no double-blind studies can be made, but I note you have not provided any for your hypothesis either.
Once again the big brush is out. You just cant make comparisons. Countries are so different. Societies are so different. But you keep on trying using dubious data. Ozland and Fernland are so different to Europe and Asia.
Plenty of mask wearing countries have high death rates. Keep pissing up the wall.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:31 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Why do you keep on trying to compare countries? You cant. Every situation is unique. For Ozland and Fernland you are kilometres from anyone. Your urban concentrations are kilometres apart and should be easy to control. We have invisible borders with our neighbours. Daily comings and goings since Schengen is completely non-restricted; there are no border controls.
Another point it is summer where you are. Our figures dropped very low during our summer. Your infrastructure in no comparison to the European one. So stop this pissing up the wall. Fernland should have no problems at all with their tiny population with hardly any urbanisation. Even so they dont manage. Cant sheep carry it?
I agree we had some initial advantages, and border control was much easier. But the quashing of the various outbreaks that did occur was down to the rigorous application of the science of epidemiology, and mask wearing was a part of that.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:28 pm

It does not prove it is correct. You never tried without did you? It is called paranoia.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:36 pm

13,000 new cases yesterday! Y'all such a bunch of pussies.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:11 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:28 pm
It does not prove it is correct. You never tried without did you?
No need. We have seen the results in other countries that did. Thank you, Netherlands. Thank you, USA. Thank you, Sweden.

And then there are comparisons like these:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:18 pm

Ozland at its best. Destroying its own environment and now wants to destroy other people's.

'A real bad precedent': Australia criticised for Antarctica airport plan
Multibillion-dollar project is unnecessary and damaging to wildlife, say scientists

Australia is planning to build Antarctica’s biggest infrastructure project: a new airport and runway that would increase the human footprint in the world’s greatest wilderness by an estimated 40%.

The mega-scheme is likely to involve blasting petrel rookeries, disturbing penguin colonies and encasing a stretch of the wilderness in more than 115,000 tonnes of concrete.

The government in Canberra says the project on the Vestfold Hills of Princess Elizabeth Land is necessary to provide year-round access for scientists and emergency teams to Davis research station, Australia’s most southerly base in Antarctica. Strategic concerns are also a consideration; Australia is keen to counter China’s growing presence on the frozen southern continent.

Environmental scientists say the multi-billion-dollar plan is a waste of money, and could lead to a destructive construction race among territorial rivals.

“It’s unprecedented in the Antarctic in terms of the scale of investment and the impact on the environment. Although it is being done in the name of science, very few scientists are enthusiastic. This is more about flag-waving. It is about firming up Australia’s presence and our claim,” said Shaun Brooks, an environmental scientist at the Institute of Marine and Antarctic Studies of the University at Tasmania.

He estimates the project would add 40% to the existing infrastructure on the continent, which would be damaging and unnecessary.

“I can’t help thinking this will become a white elephant. How can you justify a multi-billion-dollar runway for a base with only 19 people during the winter and which has been maintained without problems since 1957?” Brooks said.

Australia’s proposed new airstrip would be 2.7km long and 40 metres wide, and – unlike existing ice and gravel runways in Antarctica – it would be a permanent structure built on top of the landscape with cement and 11,500 concrete blocks, each weighing more than 10 tonnes.

Pollution, dust, noise and carbon emissions are further problems. Shipping the materials from Hobart is expected to take more than a decade and about 100 icebreaker voyages. The government says the land would be flattened by blasting, crushing and filling with a total 3m cubic metres of earthworks. The project will require the construction of a storage area for explosives, land reclamation from the sea for a new wharf, new tanks for aviation fuel and a 4km access road.
"Yeah mate we will show them".