Haram

Holy Crap!
L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Haram

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:03 am

The followers of the religion of peace will insist on demonstrating their faith.

'France teacher attack: Suspect "asked pupils to point Samuel Paty out"'
The man who beheaded a teacher in a street in France waited outside the school and asked pupils to identify his target, anti-terrorism officials say.

The man then posted images on social media of dead victim Samuel Paty, 47, who had shown controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad to his students.

The attacker later fired at police with an airgun before being shot dead.

The number arrested rose to 10 on Saturday, with police investigating possible links to Islamic extremism.

The attack took place at about 17:00 (15:00 GMT) on Friday near the College du Bois d'Aulne, where Mr Paty taught, in the town of Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, some 30km (20 miles) north-west of central Paris.

Mr Paty had been the target of threats since he showed the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad during a class about freedom of speech, in relation to the Charlie Hebdo case.

The French satirical magazine was the subject of a deadly attack in 2015 after publishing the cartoons. A trial over that attack is currently under way.

Mr Paty, a history and geography teacher, advised Muslim students to look away if they thought they might be offended.

A parent of one of the pupils reacted angrily to the incident, accusing Mr Paty of showing naked pictures of the Prophet Muhammad. The father lodged a formal complaint and produced videos demonstrating the anger at Mr Paty's actions, and calling on people to go to the school to protest.

The father is one of the people in custody, Mr Ricard said, adding that this man's half-sister had joined the Islamic State organisation in Syria in 2014.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: Haram

Post by NineBerry » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:58 am

It is not clear to me from the text whether the students were aware of his intentions or not.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 pm

I don't think so. Imagine realising you were the one who pointed him out. Terrible.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 pm
I don't think so. Imagine realising you were the one who pointed him out. Terrible.
From what I've read, some of his Islamic students were horrified by his actions in the classroom, informed on him to others (which led inexorably to his execution), and may well think he suffered a well-deserved fate...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 am

They may think that. But they're also children - brainwashed or otherwise. Something like that will stick with you.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:29 am

Oh sure, it will be traumatic, underneath the brainwashing...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

I guess it always is.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:15 am

Fucking religious nutters.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:21 am

If only we could get them to stop fucking. :nono:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:35 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:21 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 pm
From what I've read, some of his Islamic students were horrified by his actions in the classroom, informed on him to others (which led inexorably to his execution), and may well think he suffered a well-deserved fate...
From what I hear, one of his students, a muslim girl, had been temporarily excluded from the school on unrelated matters. Her dad then tried to get back at the teacher as if it was related to that incident, and he was backed by a notorious muslamic extremist, and they launched a campaign of harassment and as good as pronounced a fatwa against that teacher. His hierarchy seems to never have had a problem with him, though.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:37 am

Seabass wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:21 am
there's nothing wrong with fucking, so long as it's consensual. they should be spayed though.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:37 am

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:37 am
Seabass wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:21 am
there's nothing wrong with fucking, so long as it's consensual. they should be spayed though.
As if Islamic extremism were genetic. :roll:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 am

It's worse than that...the worst cases of islamic extremism often come from the children of moderate, often irreligious muslims, who rediscover their heritage, and take it up with a new convert's zeal.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:25 am

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:21 am
It's worse than that...the worst cases of islamic extremism often come from the children of moderate, often irreligious muslims, who rediscover their heritage, and take it up with a new convert's zeal.
Heritage, huh? Genetic heritage? Where is that gene responsible for convert's zeal?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:58 pm

are you trying to be as dense as some members I need not name?
Cultural heritage, nothing genetic... unless maybe the stupidity that lets them give in so completly to religious insanity.