All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:33 am

Trump only able to stumble through last few weeks inside fake news bubble:

It was obvious during his Thursday night town hall on NBC, when Savannah Guthrie repeatedly pointed out that he was misinformed. And he responded with vague assertions like "I read it someplace" and "I've heard many different stories" and "people are saying."

Just the other day," he said, "they came out with a statement that 85% of the people that wear masks catch it." That's a gross distortion of Carlson's original distortion!

Guthrie interjected: "They didn't say that. I know that study. That's not--"

"Well, that's what I heard," Trump said, "and that's what I saw. And regardless..."

Trump consumes information from television, from articles printed out by his aides, from phone calls with allies, and from Twitter. He has a long history of retweeting sketchy Twitter accounts. His social media behavior reveals a lot about his info-diet.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/media/tr ... index.html

It's almost like Nancy Reagan. She ran the country several years with the help of a psychic.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:42 am

I think he might be trying to throw the election. If only he'd built that fucking wall... :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:58 am

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 am

Giuliani/fake email:
New York Post reporting
On October 14, 2020, the New York Post published articles containing purported emails of unknown authorship suggesting Hunter Biden provided an “opportunity” to Vadym Pozharskyi, a top executive at Ukrainian natural gas firm Burisma Holdings to meet his father, then Vice President Joe Biden. [39][40][41] Joe Biden's presidential campaign denied such a meeting took place and stated that the New York Post had never contacted them "about the critical elements of this story".[42] Michael Carpenter, Joe Biden's then-adviser on foreign policy, told The Washington Post that he had accompanied Biden during all of his meetings about Ukraine and that "He never met with this guy. In fact, I had never heard of this guy until the New York Post story broke."[43] The Post published images and PDF copies of text that purported to be emails, but their authenticity and origin has not been determined. A Wall Street Journal reporter observed that the metadata of the PDFs indicated they had been created in the fall of 2019, though the emails were supposedly from 2014 and 2015.[44] The materials were provided to the paper by Rudy Giuliani after they were allegedly found on a water-damaged MacBook Pro left by an unknown individual at a Delaware computer repair shop owned by John Paul MacIsaac. MacIsaac, a conspiracy theory advocate who claims to believe that Hillary Clinton murdered campaign worker Seth Rich, contacted Giuliani, whom MacIsaac believed was his "guardian angel." The Post was informed of the laptop by Steve Bannon.[45] The Post reported it had been shown an image purporting to show a federal subpoena that resulted in the computer and an external hard drive being seized by the FBI in December 2019.[43] The Post story falsely asserted “the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating” Burisma.[46]

According to the Post story, the computer was left by an unknown person for repair of water damage, but once repair was done the shop had no contact information for its owner, and nobody ever paid for it or came to pick it up.[47] Criticism has been focused on MacIsaac over inconsistencies in accounts given by him of how the laptop came into his possession and how he came to give information on it to Giuliani and the FBI.[47][44] When interviewed by CBS News, MacIsaac offered contradictory statements about his motivations.[48] Thomas Rid, a political scientist and disinformation expert at Johns Hopkins University, noted that the emails could have been forged or that forged material could have been mixed with genuine, a "common feature" of disinformation operations.[49]

The Daily Beast reported that according to two "individuals with direct knowledge", multiple senior officials in the Trump administration and reelection campaign were aware of the laptop hard drive "several weeks" prior to the Post story.[50]

NBC News reported the FBI had acquired the devices via a grand jury subpoena and were investigating whether the contents were linked to a foreign intelligence operation.[51]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biden%E2% ... _reporting

I wrote a comment to Wiki editors that the whole idea of "Hunter Biden computer" or device is all Giuliani based, and should not be quoted, from even NBC news

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Rudy will get his check from Trump, some day. Or maybe he is paid by QAnon? Anyway, the Biden laptop had generated endless chatter in the net.
Redditt:

GoodWinter84
1 day ago
·
edited 1 day ago
Why do you think this “story” came out the day after Barr’s investigation into unmasking was revealed as a nothingburger?

Why is some random PC shop in Delaware shipping contents of some random laptop to Rudy Giuliani? Hunter Biden lives in LA. Lol

Drunken_Priest
Conservative
1 day ago

The FBI has had the laptop since 2019. I remember back in the impeachment days you all loved the FBI.

It's just amazing because if this story was reversed and it was Trump's laptop it would be the most gilded, upvoted, masturbated to, story in the history of the internet.

SquisherX
1 day ago
The FBI has had the laptop and what has come of it? Why is this story coming from Guliani and not from the FBI then?

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Tero wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 pm
The FBI has had the laptop and what has come of it? Why is this story coming from Guliani and not from the FBI then?
:fp: :fp: Deep State

Obviously the FBI are under the control of the "powers that be", and luckily Julie-Annie outwitted them.
:smug:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 am

Mary Trump Reacts to Savannah Guthrie's 'Crazy Uncle' Remark to President

Mary L Trump
@MaryLTrump
Actually . . . (all there was)

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:32 am

Dailybeast:
More than an hour into his latest rambling campaign rally speech in Macon, Georgia, on Friday night, President Donald Trump briefly imagined a future where he loses the 2020 election to Joe Biden.

“You know what? Running against the worst candidate in the history of American politics puts pressure on me,” Trump told the crowd. “Could you imagine if I lose? My whole life—what am I going to do? I’m going to say, I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics! I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country, I don’t know.”

Currently trailing Biden by double digits in most national and many battleground state polls, the president faces multiple potential prosecutions should fail to win a second term next month.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:39 am

2 million more people watched Biden's town hall than Trump's. Probably all those dead Democrats that are registered to vote.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 am

Welp, it only took forfuckingever, but a federal judge has called Trumpworld on the question of Tweetolini's ravings. Previously, the US Department of Justice has claimed that the president's tweets are official presidential statements. Now they're trying to claim that they aren't, really.

'A Federal Judge Wants To Know If Trump Means What He Tweets'
A federal judge Friday ordered the Justice Department to find out directly from President Donald Trump whether he really intended to declassify all Russia investigation documents without redactions when he tweeted exactly that last week.

The judge’s directive was issued in response to two emergency motions filed last week by BuzzFeed News seeking the immediate release of Russia-related documents in response to Trump’s tweets.

The move by the judge could be a watershed moment for those who have gone to court and sought the release of records based on the president's tweets. For nearly four years, the government’s position has been that Trump’s tweets should not be taken literally, while in other instances the government has argued that they’re official statements.

During an extraordinary 30-minute hearing Friday morning, US District Court Judge Reggie Walton rejected a government attorney’s assertion that Trump’s Oct. 6 tweets were “ambiguous” and should not be interpreted as orders to declassify anything specific.

Matt Topic, an attorney representing BuzzFeed News, disagreed. He told Walton there can’t be anything more clear than Trump’s tweet that called for the release of every document from the Russia probe without any redactions.

Walton also disagreed with the government's stance. He said Trump’s tweets in which the president stated he has “fully authorized the total Declassification of any & all documents pertaining” to the Russia investigation are “unambiguous” and clearly indicated what his intent was.

“I don’t think anything more is required,” Walton said.

Justice Department attorney Courtney Enlow argued that the White House counsel informed the government that Trump’s tweets were not declassification orders and don’t require the disclosure of any additional documents in BuzzFeed News’ ongoing Freedom of Information Act lawsuits related to former special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation. She said deference in the matter should be given to the government.

In a declaration filed earlier this week, Bradley Weinsheimer, associate deputy attorney general, wrote that — after consulting with the White House counsel — what Trump authorized for declassification actually was documents related to the ongoing review by Attorney General Bill Barr into the genesis of the Russia investigation.

Walton, who had previously ordered the Justice Department to confer with the White House and obtain the official position regarding the declassification and release of documents related to the Russia investigation, indicated to Enlow that he wasn’t interested in the White House counsel’s position. Rather, he wanted Trump’s.

“The American public has a right to rely on what a president says his intent is,” he said.

So, he ordered the Justice Department to have a conversation directly with Trump and to find out whether his tweets really meant to declassify and release all Russia-related investigation documents and to file the president's response with the court.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:57 am

Wikipedia editor discussion
Nothing about the timeline stacks up. Nothing about the emails stacks up. And the idea that an unencrypted MacBook belonging to a man who has been under intense scrutiny for years, whose father is the Presidential candidate for the Democratic Party, would be left at a strip mall computer shop rather than taken to an Apple store or simply trashed and rebuilt from iCloud is so very implausible that you have to wonder who would even think of it. Guy (help! - typo?) 23:08, 16 October 2020 (UTC)

Not to mention, dropping a laptop to a guy who just so happens to be legally blind and can't identify who actually dropped it, who just so happens to somehow connect to Rudy Giuliani, who worked with Steve Bannon to pass a copy of the hard drive to the NYPost because the legally blind guy decided that he wanted to give Giuliani a copy in addition to supposedly handing it to the FBI? That's an awful lot of "coincidences" there. It has all the hallmarks of a plot to disseminate something fake while laundering the source... 2601:2C0:C300:B7:FC53:F984:3F15:4B4C (talk) 00:02, 17 October 2020 (UTC)
You can see all the discussion on an article by clicking the TALK tab at each article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bide ... acy_theory

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Whether or not it's a conspiracy or not is irrelevant. Report the timeline of claims, noting whether they've been verified by reliable sources or not, and state the known facts. Then ask Wiki to place a mod lock on the article.

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Trump in Florida: Bidens got rich! Drain the swamp!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1317264060300230656

Trump discussed at length about 10 million dollars a year from China. "Hunter became a $$ vacuum cleaner for the family." A little past half way: "they've got the guy's laptop."

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:16 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 pm
Whether or not it's a conspiracy or not is irrelevant. Report the timeline of claims, noting whether they've been verified by reliable sources or not, and state the known facts. Then ask Wiki to place a mod lock on the article.
There is just too much disinformation out there. NY Post reports a computer. Then the credible NBC article lists things sort of dumped into their article and mention that "the FBI still has the computer," which is all based on the NY Post article!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... n-n1243620

I wanted them to strip the WIKI article of most of the NY Post content. The timeline is a good idea. But I do not edit Wiki articles anymore, they do not use Word, so you have to learn their software for generating an article and links. The criteria for all articles is, is it notable?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:21 pm

I think I need to make a more radical move at Wiki. Suggest that all of the NYPost material be titled Rudy Giuliani disinformation campaign.

Actually, "2020 Accusations by Rudy Giuliani and associates" has a better sound to it.