The Coronavirus Thread

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Tero » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:12 pm

CNN
(CNN) - First lady Melania Trump posted a personal essay on the White House website detailing her experience battling Covid-19, which she tested positive for approximately two weeks ago. The first lady also revealed hat her son, Barron Trump, 14, who the White House publicly confirmed at the time had tested negative, eventually tested positive for the virus, a diagnosis the White House did not share.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/politics ... index.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 am

Gaah :disgust: I had to go see my doctor for routine matters, and so had to wear that frigging mask for hours, it's unpleasant as hell. Not visiting conformist Germany any time soon.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:22 am

Man-up Svarty. ;)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:23 am

NineBerry wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:38 pm
Coronavirus: Berlin gives the finger to anti-maskers in tourism ad

Berlin's tourism authority has come under fire for its more direct approach in sending a reminder to people to obey coronavirus rules. "A finger-wag for all those without a mask," the elderly woman in the ad warns.
Well and truly addicted to the kool-aid. Still no absolute scientific evidence. All just conjecture. Our government and the RIVM (which is not the health ministry) are wanting to stop the continuos noise from the mask lobby and have agreed to include masks in the measures even though the government and the RIVM still say it has little merit wearing them. They use the old Dutch saying "Baat het niet schaad het niet". (If it does not work it wont damage).
Just keeping those like that poor woman happy. It is an election year after all.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:29 am

So Rutte is just bringing in a partial lockdown and the mandatory wearing of masks because he's weak and just wants to please people?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:45 am

In the week ending Tuesday, the new cases stood at 43,903 in the nation of 17.3 million, an increase of some 60% over the preceding week.

People ending up in the intensive care units shot up to 192 from 121, and coronavirus deaths reached 150 compared to 89 the week earlier.

The Amsterdam and Rotterdam regions are the current hotbeds of the virus in the Netherlands.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/wo ... n-19101626

At least two Rotterdam hospitals have had to close the emergency department for a number of hours since the beginning of October, because all available beds were full. Several hospitals confirm this after Ernst Kuipers, chairman of the Board of Directors of Erasmus MC and chairman of the National Network Acute Care, raised this problem during a briefing to the House of Representatives. One of those hospitals is the Maasstad Hospital, where the emergency department had to temporarily close four times this month.

Kuipers said during the briefing that emergency departments of hospitals in Rotterdam, Amsterdam and The Hague sometimes had to close last week. “Because the hospitals were full, the emergency departments were full and ambulances were packed right outside,” he explained.

Kuipers said that in a few cases the closure lasted all night. “At times it involved different emergency departments in the same city, which were closed at the same time. If an ambulance cannot dispose of its patient, you have no choice.”
https://alkhaleejtoday.co/business/5091 ... orary.html

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 am

Fairies.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:06 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:29 am
So Rutte is just bringing in a partial lockdown and the mandatory wearing of masks because he's weak and just wants to please people?
He is not weak as such but he and his party (VVD) have been receiving ever increasing criticism over his handling of the whole crisis. The elections are in March and the VVD want to maintain their present position in order to take part in coalition talks but this crisis has turned into a political headache. While he and the Director of RIVM have been defending their standpoint on masks there has been a steady increase in the volume from the mask lobby which tends to be his party's supporters. Left wingers tend to want to have the freedom choice. Groen Links and the D'66 are making inroads thanks to the crisis. Rutte's normal impeccable communication skills have let him down and the last two Covid press conferences have been a bit of a shambles to be honest.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 am

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:45 am
In the week ending Tuesday, the new cases stood at 43,903 in the nation of 17.3 million, an increase of some 60% over the preceding week.

People ending up in the intensive care units shot up to 192 from 121, and coronavirus deaths reached 150 compared to 89 the week earlier.

The Amsterdam and Rotterdam regions are the current hotbeds of the virus in the Netherlands.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/wo ... n-19101626

At least two Rotterdam hospitals have had to close the emergency department for a number of hours since the beginning of October, because all available beds were full. Several hospitals confirm this after Ernst Kuipers, chairman of the Board of Directors of Erasmus MC and chairman of the National Network Acute Care, raised this problem during a briefing to the House of Representatives. One of those hospitals is the Maasstad Hospital, where the emergency department had to temporarily close four times this month.

Kuipers said during the briefing that emergency departments of hospitals in Rotterdam, Amsterdam and The Hague sometimes had to close last week. “Because the hospitals were full, the emergency departments were full and ambulances were packed right outside,” he explained.

Kuipers said that in a few cases the closure lasted all night. “At times it involved different emergency departments in the same city, which were closed at the same time. If an ambulance cannot dispose of its patient, you have no choice.”
https://alkhaleejtoday.co/business/5091 ... orary.html
How about your country's lovely numbers? If you believe them?

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:22 am

Not as bad as in the Netherlands or France yet. But slowly going up. I hope we can get them under control again.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:06 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
He is not weak as such but he and his party (VVD) have been receiving ever increasing criticism over his handling of the whole crisis. The elections are in March and the VVD want to maintain their present position in order to take part in coalition talks but this crisis has turned into a political headache. While he and the Director of RIVM have been defending their standpoint on masks there has been a steady increase in the volume from the mask lobby which tends to be his party's supporters. Left wingers tend to want to have the freedom choice. Groen Links and the D'66 are making inroads thanks to the crisis. Rutte's normal impeccable communication skills have let him down and the last two Covid press conferences have been a bit of a shambles to be honest.
So Rutte is unable to exert control over the political situation? Sounds like 'weak' to me. And he wants to keep everyone on side as the election looms? Sounds like he's just trying to please.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
So Rutte is unable to exert control over the political situation? Sounds like 'weak' to me.
Sounds like democracy to me. The Tweede Kamer has always the last say. He has to work with a four party coalition which does not make it easy. It is not like the UK's second chamber where parties issue whips.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:22 am
Man-up Svarty. ;)
can't, I"m a little boy trapped in an old man's body.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:57 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
So Rutte is unable to exert control over the political situation? Sounds like 'weak' to me.
Sounds like democracy to me. The Tweede Kamer has always the last say. He has to work with a four party coalition which does not make it easy. It is not like the UK's second chamber where parties issue whips.
Erm. You were the one who was complaining that Rutte's hand was being unduly forced by the 'mask lobby' - and now you call that democracy. So I guess your problem is with NL Democracy. Perhaps the NL isn't that great after all?

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:58 am

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:22 am
Man-up Svarty. ;)
can't, I"m a little boy trapped in an old man's body.
Man-down then! :D

Frank Zappa