Bothsidesing

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Bothsidesing

Post by laklak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:22 pm

Why are we talking about Biden? It's a fucking bait-and-switch scam. Sleepy Joe won't be Prez for 6 months before they invoke the 25th and put him in the Slobber-N-Wank home. You're voting for Harris. At least have the fucking balls to come out and say it.

Like mah Daddy usta say, don't piss on me and call it rain, son.

But the DNC won't admit that, because Harris doesn't fly with a huge percentage of Dems, she's too "progressive" (which apparently means "totalitarian" these days, just check her record as a D.A.). So they'll lie their corrupt asses off and pretend it's a "democracy", just like they did with Bernie for TWO elections now. They're lying sacks of shit, no worse or better than Trump's lying sacks of shit. They ARE both as bad as the other, you just can't see it because you've drunk the Blue Kool-Aid just like the Trumpanzees drank the Red Kool-AId. You're no better, and in fact, you're worse, because you're supposed to be smarter than this. Or so I'm told.

Im just sayin.
Last edited by laklak on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:29 pm

Once you've said atheist, the rest is automatic... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:03 pm

Where's their so-called scientific so-called evidence that so-called Biden would be better than so-called Trump? Where's the peer reviewed papers? Where's the control group?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:24 pm

laklak wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:22 pm
Why are we talking about Biden? It's a fucking bait-and-switch scam. Sleepy Joe won't be Prez for 6 months before they invoke the 25th and put him in the Slobber-N-Wank home. You're voting for Harris. At least have the fucking balls to come out and say it.

Like mah Daddy usta say, don't piss on me and call it rain, son.

But the DNC won't admit that, because Harris doesn't fly with a huge percentage of Dems, she's too "progressive" (which apparently means "totalitarian" these days, just check her record as a D.A.). So they'll lie their corrupt asses off and pretend it's a "democracy", just like they did with Bernie for TWO elections now. They're lying sacks of shit, no worse or better than Trump's lying sacks of shit. They ARE both as bad as the other, you just can't see it because you've drunk the Blue Kool-Aid just like the Trumpanzees drank the Red Kool-AId. You're no better, and in fact, you're worse, because you're supposed to be smarter than this. Or so I'm told.

Im just sayin.
Kool-aid? Scientists nearly universally oppose the Republican party and Trumpism. It must be all that "blue Kool-aid" they've been drinking... :coffee:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

laklak

Post by laklak » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:53 pm

Different varieties of Kool-Aid. The GOP one is the anti-science, TRUMP MAGA DUH GUNZ! flavor. The DNC one is the "we represent YOU" flavor, the "democracy" flavor, and the "BIden is running for President, really, honestly, trust us he's the candidate" flavor.

They are so fucking corrupt. I cannot believe anyone takes the Biden candidacy seriously. And, if they don't (i.e. they have a few functioning brain cells left) then they are complicit in the scam to elect someone whose presidential campaign didn't make it past December 2019. If you cannot see that the DNC fix is in then you're as bad as the Trumpanzees.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:33 pm

laklak wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:53 pm
Different varieties of Kool-Aid. The GOP one is the anti-science, TRUMP MAGA DUH GUNZ! flavor. The DNC one is the "we represent YOU" flavor, the "democracy" flavor, and the "BIden is running for President, really, honestly, trust us he's the candidate" flavor.

They are so fucking corrupt. I cannot believe anyone takes the Biden candidacy seriously. And, if they don't (i.e. they have a few functioning brain cells left) then they are complicit in the scam to elect someone whose presidential campaign didn't make it past December 2019. If you cannot see that the DNC fix is in then you're as bad as the Trumpanzees.
Oh, horse shit. No one's as bad as the Trumpanzees. You know, it's possible to be against the Republicans without necessarily being for the Democrats. I never registered with a political party until the tender age of 44, so it's not like I'm some dyed in the wool Democrat loyalist. I've never been much of a "joiner" of anything, much less political parties. But here's the thing, laklak: in Germany circa 1930, the Social Democrats of Germany weren't perfect but they were a damn sight better than the alternative, and if more Germans would have recognized the dangers of Nazism, then perhaps 70 million lives could have been spared and Europe could have avoided being turned to rubble.

Say what you will about the Democratic party—yes, they are a gross political party—but at least they are a gross 1st world political party. The Republicans are the fucking Wahhabists of Christianity. It's all white nationalism, Christian fundamentalism, and anti-science idiocy. These morons have turned the wearing of masks during a deadly global pandemic into an insane, partisan culture war issue, FFS. They're sending Qanon/pizzagate loonies to Congress, FFS. They put a fucking racist pro-wrestling heel in the White House for crying out loud. When it comes to absolutely batshit destructive conservatism, only right-wing Islam can compete with the GOP.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:44 pm

President Trump signs an executive order to establish a 'national commission to promote patriotic education'
Yeah, that's not fascistic at all. :roll:

Apparently Trump shat all over Howard Zinn when he announced this.

1) I'd bet all my personal belongings that that dumbass has never read so much as one page of Howard Zinn. 2) Howard Zinn's People's History should be required reading for all American schoolchildren.

laklak

Post by laklak » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:54 pm

They are running a sham campaign, their candidate is actually Harris. They are corporatist, neoliberal, 1% dicksucking slimebags, and are literally no better than the GOP. Actually, they're worse, because at least with the fucking GOP you know what you're getting. How anyone votes for either of them without throwing up is beyond me.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:01 pm

laklak wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:54 pm
They are corporatist, neoliberal
True, but the alternative is Christofascism, ethno-nationalism, and anti-science insanity. Unfortunately, we don't have a multi-party system, so I'm stuck choosing between and conservative party and a fascist party. I'll settle for the conservative party and try not to puke.

laklak

Post by laklak » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 pm

Honestly, Biden is responsible for the Federal 3 strike law and the militarization of the police, and the quadrupling of the federal prison population. He WROTE the goddamn '84 crime bill and bragged about it for years. Now, of course, he blames it on the GOP, because he's a lying sack of shit (or worse can't remember), but what we're seeing in the streets right now is directly attributable to his crime bill. Harris was a fucking storm trooper as DA, while laughing about smoking weed on TV. They are as indefensible as Trump.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:38 pm

laklak wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 pm
Honestly, Biden is responsible for the Federal 3 strike law and the militarization of the police, and the quadrupling of the federal prison population. He WROTE the goddamn '84 crime bill and bragged about it for years. Now, of course, he blames it on the GOP, because he's a lying sack of shit (or worse can't remember), but what we're seeing in the streets right now is directly attributable to his crime bill. Harris was a fucking storm trooper as DA, while laughing about smoking weed on TV. They are as indefensible as Trump.
It's the '94 crime bill. The 3 strikes laws were part of that.

The militarization of the police happened under Papa Bush's 1033 program.

I'd say the war on drugs (Nixon + Reagan) is far more responsible for the explosion in prison population than the '94 crime bill. I don't dispute that the '94 crime bill exacerbated the problem.

Let's not forget that Biden also voted for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

It's not like I'm some huge Biden fan. He's a conservative Dem who voted for our forever wars. He was like my 22nd choice out of the 23 or so Dems running in the primaries. I'm not a fan of Kamala either, but to call her a stormrooper is ridiculous.

Anyway, they are definitely more defensible than Trump. Hell, Ted Cruz is more defensible than Trump, and I'm not saying that because I like Ted Cruz.

In any case, it's not like I'll be voting for any of these people. Thanks to the stupid Electoral College (which you love) my vote doesn't count. But the Dems are definitely less bad than the Republicans. I mean, it's not even close. There's a reason hardly any scientists vote Republican. It was 6% before Trump, I can only imagine that that percentage has dropped since then.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 am

laklak wrote:
They are running a sham campaign, their candidate is actually Harris. They are corporatist, neoliberal, 1% dicksucking slimebags, and are literally no better than the GOP. Actually, they're worse, because at least with the fucking GOP you know what you're getting. How anyone votes for either of them without throwing up is beyond me.
So, in reality the Republicans are voting for Pence?

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:48 am

laklak wrote:
Hold your nose and help get rid of the Orange Peril.

Pretty please.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 am

Lak, you've got to do it. Seriously. Unless you want the US to collapse.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak

Post by laklak » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:29 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 am
So, in reality the Republicans are voting for Pence?
Trump isn't demented. Well, any more than he was 4 years ago. Biden has no chance of lasting 4 years, he'll be a drooling cabbage in adult diapers by then.

Rainbow and rEv I get what you're saying, but it's like choosing between Hitler and Stalin. Both are totalitarian assholes, the difference is who gets totalitarianized. Hariden (I made that up) wants to confiscate guns, restrict free speech, raise taxes, and Green New Deal my boat and truck out of existence, all of which affects me, so they're out. Trump is out because, well, you know. Too much to list.

The U.S. is done for anyway, doesn't matter who gets elected.