The thread where you couldn't be bothered posting the article

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: The thread where you couldn't be bothered posting the articl

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:08 am

Could not what? :think:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:47 am

Two of Charles Darwin's notebook have been misplaced by Cambridge University Library since 2001. Now believed to have been stolen.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:16 pm

Apple are going to charge £550 for their new proprietary, branded headphones.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:08 pm

Apple customers are people with more money than sense, so where's the problem?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:25 pm

:lol: There has been a big push to force fast food places to list nutrition information on their menu, I wonder if we can start a movement to ask companies to display what else one might buy with the 500 they're about to spend on headphones?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:08 pm
Apple customers are people with more money than sense, so where's the problem?
:lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:01 pm

Calling Macdoc.
Apple is and was shit. Overpriced well over everything. Macdoc knows he sells the crap.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:50 am

Apple quality is higher. That's part of the reason it is more expensive.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:29 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:50 am
Apple quality is higher. That's part of the reason it is more expensive.
The purchase price is only part of computer costs. IBM started switching to Apple's units in 2015, when it bought 30,000 of them because it had worked out that support costs are lower and productivity would rise. By the end of the following year the company that was once synonymous with "personal computer" had 100,000 apple computers in operation. At the 2016 Jamf Nation User Conference IBM reported that it was saving even more money than it estimated initially. Over a period of four years each Mac is now projected to cost $535 less in support than the original estimate of $270.

When I looked to buy my first computer late in the 1980s my preferred unit would have been a Mac. Its operating system was Unix based, hence inherently more secure. Also, not as flakey as MS DOS v. 3.3. It could multi-task and you did not need to learn command-line syntax and rules.

Two factors put me off. Firstly, purchase price. Basic 80286 "IBM compatible" computers sold for around AU$2,200 - 2600, basic '386s for 6 - 7k. An equivalent Mac would have set me back 12 - 14k. Secondly, compared to PCs the range of software that would run on a Mac was severely limited and would remain so for many years.

I finished up buying an ex-demo '286 for AU$2,200 (complete with free bonus Jerusalem-B virus), a second-hand top of the line dot matrix printer for 300, followed by a $500 2.4kb/s modem a year later.

The price differential has decreased, and software availability is no longer an issue, but I still won't buy anything Apple branded. The company is even more rapacious than giant corporations usually are. 20 to 25% of its turnover is profit. How does it manage those figures year after year? In the words of one of Apple's executives: "You can either manufacture in comfortable, worker-friendly factories, or you can reinvent the product every year, and make it better and faster and cheaper, which requires factories that seem harsh by American standards."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:18 pm

Love 8 year old unattributed quotes....very likely that "executive" isn't one anymore.
Pegatron Corp. won’t get any new contracts after the Taipei-based company was found to have committed labor violations related to its student workers’ program at factories in China…

Getting college or vocational students to work factory production lines is an accepted practice in China that foreign clients including Apple and Samsung Electronics Co. have signed onto for years. Apple at least asks its manufacturing partners to ensure that the work relates to their studies. Under the pressure to churn out product, though, such programs are vulnerable to abuse… Incidents like this show that for all its talent and money, the U.S. company doesn’t control its suppliers as much as it might wish.

MacDailyNews Take: The violations keep happening because China is a vastly different society, operating under an authoritarian one-party communist rule, and Apple can only do so much – which also happens to be much more than any other company is accomplishing in China to improve working conditions, increase pay, and prevent abuse.
https://macdailynews.com/2020/11/09/app ... iolations/

Apple doesn't churn models, the 6,1 MacPro was introduced in 2013 and last sold new in December 2019.
Apple also does not participate in the race to the bottom. By and large it keeps price points intact while offering better features, more speed etc.
Even some of the portables had long model lives at the same price point with minor speed bumps along the way ...much of that due to being harnessed to Intel ....which is no longer the case.

iPhones are a different model and do not tend to get cheaper but do shift features as it is a competitive market.
Apr 11, 2019 — Apple has persuaded 15 more of its suppliers, including Foxconn and TSMC, to manufacture Apple products using 100 percent clean energy. The additions bring the total number of suppliers in the program up to 44.
Is Apple Turning A Corner In Its Social Responsibility?
Posted onNovember 12, 2020

Ethics, human rights, and corporate social responsibility, we look at how the popular and global brand of Apple is changing the way it thinks.
https://blog.mywallst.com/is-apple-turn ... nsibility/

Apple is pretty tough on suppliers that violate Apple's guidelines against worker abuse but bottom line they don't own these suppliers and they reside in sovereign states with much different labour practices.

No one is forced to buy an Apple product ...customers vote with their dollars in a competitive marketplace. :coffee:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:25 pm

macdoc wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:18 pm
Love 8 year old unattributed quotes...
Fabricated by the New York Times?

Welcome to the club of Trumpists who regard it as one of the purveyors of fake news.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Nygard got busted. More human trafficking stuff.

No biggie. Probably not connected to high-ranking politicians or captains of industry. Just a lone kook banging models...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:40 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:44 pm

No biggie. Probably not connected to high-ranking politicians or captains of industry. Just a lone kook banging models...
Trafficking of any kind, be it humans, postage stamps or whatever else, requires a network of people by definition. So, no, if Peter Nygard is guilty of sex trafficking he will definitely be just a lone kook banging models. Since he is a multi-millionaire (the Canadian Business Magazine estimated his net worth to be $817 million in 2009), and people tend to move within circles of people much like themselves, I would expect this network to largely consist of the wealthy and powerful.

Since sufficient evidence has come to light to arrest him, I also think that the FBI has a list of his collaborators. Their names will have to be revealed in his court case. The dozens of women who took out two class actions concerning sex trafficking against Nygard will help with that. Until then their identity is pure speculation.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:22 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:40 am
Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Trafficking of any kind, be it humans, postage stamps or whatever else, requires a network of people by definition. So, no, if Peter Nygard is guilty of sex trafficking he will definitely be just a lone kook banging models. Since he is a multi-millionaire (the Canadian Business Magazine estimated his net worth to be $817 million in 2009), and people tend to move within circles of people much like themselves, I would expect this network to largely consist of the wealthy and powerful.

Since sufficient evidence has come to light to arrest him, I also think that the FBI has a list of his collaborators. Their names will have to be revealed in his court case. The dozens of women who took out two class actions concerning sex trafficking against Nygard will help with that. Until then their identity is pure speculation.
Sounds complicated. He'll probably get justiced just like Epstein.

Not the Dem whistleblower, but the guy they called 'the American Nygaard'. He used money and models too.

I'm hinting that Nygaard didn't hang himself.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:43 pm

Guy successfully sues his parents for throwing away his pron collection.

Frank Zappa