Republicans: continued

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:50 am

I was being crass. I'm not in a mood to discuss our response. --stay healthy :cheers:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:51 am

You too, Sean!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:17 pm

Screenshot_20200720-103242~2.png
Screenshot_20200720-103242~2.png (330.67 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:26 pm

rational medical advice is to institutionalize grump and its cronies, and make massive use of electroshocks and lobotomies.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:04 am

So much winning. The Republican Party is on course for incredible greatness.

'"We can't pull it off": Florida sheriff says he can't muster security for GOP convention'
The sheriff of Jacksonville, Fla., said he can’t provide security for the Republican National Convention because of a lack of clear plans, adequate funding and enough law enforcement officers.

“As we're talking today, we are still not close to having some kind of plan that we can work with that makes me comfortable that we're going to keep that event and the community safe,” Duval County Sheriff Mike Williams told POLITICO.

“It’s not my event to plan, but I can just tell you that what has been proposed in my opinion is not achievable right now ... from a law enforcement standpoint, from a security standpoint.”

Williams, a Republican, wouldn’t definitively say that there is no way the event could be held. But he said he had grave doubts about it, especially in an era of heightened protests concerning police use of force.

Williams said the event, scheduled for Aug. 24-27, was announced in June, giving his agency little time to plan and prepare. The Republican National Committee has not yet nailed down which convention events will be at which venues, making it more challenging. And a pledged $50 million grant has been [pared] back to $33 million and, Williams said, there are strings attached that make letting contracts too difficult.

Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood said Trump’s security detail already makes such big demands of local law enforcement that it makes it difficult to supply security for him, which Chitwood witnessed firsthand during the president's recent trip to Daytona Beach.

Chitwood said he didn’t believe the event should be held and said the RNC is struggling to do the impossible.

“There’s a fear of telling him no because anyone who tells the president no, it’s like, off with their heads,” Chitwood said.

Chitwood, who committed to sending about two dozen officers, said that conventions need months of planning “and that’s without Covid-19."

"There are going to be tons of issues," he added. "This has something that has never ever happened before. And for some reason common sense is being thrown out the window.”

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:03 am

Surely the Repugs can pay for their own convention as they are not short of a bob or two.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:25 am

Get the militias to provide security..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:03 am

Shut up and keep marching! :lol:

The Republican Trumpist Party really doesn't like the slightest deviation from absolute devotion to Dear Leader. Gauleiter Jordan won't stand for it!

'House conservatives pile on Cheney at GOP conference meeting'
Members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus tore into Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) during a heated GOP conference meeting on Tuesday, lobbing attacks at her for breaking with President Donald Trump, supporting Dr. Anthony Fauci and backing a primary opponent to one of their colleagues.

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, a Freedom Caucus co-founder and one of Trump’s top allies, called out Cheney, the GOP conference chair, for all the times she has opposed Trump and began ticking off some recent high-profile examples, according to two sources in the room. While Jordan praised her defense of Trump during impeachment, he also said Cheney’s recent rebukes of Trump — which have focused on Trump’s handling of the coronavirus, his Twitter rhetoric, and his foreign policy — were not helpful.

Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona, the head of the Freedom Caucus, even accused Cheney of undermining the GOP’s ability to win back the House and said that if someone has a problem with Trump, they should keep it to themselves.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:54 am

I wonder if young Liz reprised her father's famous response to criticism from a Senator.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 am

Imagine a political organization so awful, so twisted, amoral and nuts that Liz Cheney is one of the voices of reason...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:29 am
Imagine a political organization so awful, so twisted, amoral and nuts that Liz Cheney is one of the voices of reason...
And that let's Jim Jordan talk. :|~
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:03 am
Surely the Repugs can pay for their own convention as they are not short of a bob or two.
Pay for stuff? like, out of their own pocket? don't you know that fat cats who do that don't remain fatcats for long?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:25 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:25 am
Get the militias to provide security..
Or the Hell's Angels, the Stones did it at Altamont... what could go wrong? :?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:14 am

CNN
"As a senior member of the House Appropriations Committee and chairman of the Military Construction/Veterans Subcommittee from 2015 to 2018, I had an inside look at government dysfunction, which was especially pronounced after the tea party made sweeping gains in the 2010 midterm elections and a number of deficit hawks entered Congress with little to no desire to compromise."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/opinions ... index.html

Republican Charlie Dent is a former US congressman from Pennsylvania who served as chairman of the House Ethics Committee from 2015 until 2016 and....
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Goober Gohmert up and got himself infested with the bug. Yesterday he was waltzing around the chamber of the US House of Representatives not wearing a mask. God bless him

'Gohmert tests positive for COVID-19: report'
GOP Rep. Louie Gohmert (Texas) tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, according to a report from Politico.

Gohmert, 66, has largely opted against wearing a mask around the Capitol during the pandemic.

"I don't have the coronavirus, turns out as of yesterday I've never had it. But if I get it, you'll never see me without a mask," he told CNN in June.

On Tuesday, Gohmert attended the House Judiciary Committee's hearing with Attorney General Bill Barr. He walked around his colleagues in the hearing room and outside it without a mask.