Media Bias

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 am

Quite right too. Motorised vehicles shouldn't be travelling in cycle lanes.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:36 pm

My friend just gave me a new bike. I had a mountain bike, with the nobbly tires, which has served me nearly 20 years, but he upgraded, and wanted me to have his old one.

I'm not fond of cycling anymore. Being tall, it gives me a fearful view into people's car's. (drivers are nearly all on their phones)

Going to do it anyway a bit. Holy SHIT it's fun to ride the thing. FAST feels good!

(spoilered so you all aren't jealous of my cool bike)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Present.png
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:45 am

Stefan Molyneux and some other philosophers were suspended from YouTube. The march of the jackbooted thugs of political correctness continues. ;ob;

'Twitch Suspends Trump For ‘Hateful Conduct’ on Same Day YouTube Bans David Duke, Stefan Molyneux, Richard Spencer'
Streaming service Twitch suspended President Donald Trump’s account for “hateful conduct” on Monday, while Youtube banned several channels including those of David Duke, Stefan Molyneux, and Richard Spencer.

“Hateful conduct is not allowed on Twitch,” a Twitch spokesperson told Mediaite of the Trump suspension. “In line with our policies, President Trump’s channel has been issued a temporary suspension from Twitch for comments made on stream, and the offending content has been removed.”

Youtube has also banned several prominent users and channels for “hate speech” on Monday, including Duke, the former Grand Wizard of the KKK, neo-Nazi conspiracy theorist Spencer, and Molyneux, a far-right white nationalist podcaster.

Molyneux also had 300 million total views on Youtube before his ban, and has been cited as former white supremacist Cabel Cain’s introduction into the far-right world.
' @TeamYouTube just suspended the largest philosophy conversation the world has ever known.

#FreeFreedomain

- Stefan Molyneux Jun 29, 2020

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:24 am

Molyneux's philosophy in almost entirely declarative. Perhaps he and the others will find another public forum where they won't feel so inhibited by the ToS and they can say exactly what they've been wanting to say all along.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:36 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:24 am
Molyneux's philosophy in almost entirely declarative. Perhaps he and the others will find another public forum where they won't feel so inhibited by the ToS and they can say exactly what they've been wanting to say all along.
You've got to admit 'philosopher' sounds so much more respectable than 'overgrown edgelord.'

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:15 pm

I think it's possible Fox News 'personality' Steve Doocy (who's known for being somewhat less than brilliant) genuinely doesn't have a clue about this, but it's more likely that he's willingly playing along with his network's gaslighting.

'Fox News Host Wonders When Masks Got "Political." He Should Watch His Own Network.'
Now that President Donald Trump has finally said that he’s “all for masks” amid a massive surge in COVID-19 cases, Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy on Thursday wondered why wearing a mask to slow the spread of COVID-19 ever became politicized.

“For some reason, over the last couple of weeks, a month, masks have become political,” the Fox host remarked during an interview.

If he wants to identify that mysterious “some reason,” he needn’t look any further than his own colleagues.

Since the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., Fox News hosts and guests have repeatedly criticized face coverings—either by openly mocking them or by claiming mandated mask-wearing is an infringement on personal freedom, particularly by Democratic officials eager to control the population.

During an April 24 broadcast of Hannity, for instance, guest host Mike Huckabee and Fox News contributor Trey Gowdy—both former Republican elected officials—groused about a then-new Houston mandate that would fine residents up to $1,000 if they didn’t wear a mask in public, calling it an example of local government “trampling the constitutional rights of American citizens.”

“Is this a threat to the long-term life and liberty of the United States and its people?” Huckabee wondered aloud about state and local coronavirus restrictions, prompting Gowdy to make an over-the-top observation about such fines.

“So, if I'm going to imprison you or fine you for not wearing a mask, why can’t I hold you down and vaccinate you against the flu this fall?” Gowdy grumbled. “I mean, you don’t want the flu and COVID-19, so can I involuntarily vaccinate you?”

The former congressman went on to compare the possibility of a fine to states giving prisoners early releases due to the pandemic, claiming that you could “go to jail for not wearing a mask but if you kill four dozen women, because of COVID-19, we might let you out.”

Days later, primetime star Laura Ingraham—who was actually an early and vocal proponent of mask-wearing—insisted that donning face masks had become a way for Democrats and liberals to enforce incessant panic.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Oops
After condemning statewide lockdowns intended to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Fox News cheered on early reopening efforts in states like Florida and Texas that reopened even though many leading epidemiologists advised against it. Florida and Texas are now experiencing record surges in COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations.
Florida and Texas see record surges in COVID-19 cases after Fox News celebrated their approach
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:53 pm

Yeah, many here don't see it as a problem that requires a lockdown. They just figure that while thousands are testing positive very few are actually sick. It doesn't help that they've closed emergency hospitals because they weren't needed after all. They'll just open them back up right?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:54 pm

It's a bit like Dutchy's attitude really.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:57 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:54 pm
Why the insult Sean? My beef is about inconsistent regulations that are politically motivated without proper scientific fact. We are not in the mess you lot are in or anywhere near it. So I object strongly to my name being associated with it. I have reported your post btw.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:20 am

My beef is about inconsistent regulations that are politically motivated without proper scientific fact.
You and my neighbors both. Jeesh, you can't even share an attitude with Americans? That's just nasty.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:23 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:57 am
Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:54 pm
Why the insult Sean? My beef is about inconsistent regulations that are politically motivated without proper scientific fact. We are not in the mess you lot are in or anywhere near it. So I object strongly to my name being associated with it. I have reported your post btw.
Reported it for what? :lol: Jesus.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
We are not in the mess you lot are in or anywhere near it.
What data do you support that assertion with?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:45 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:20 am
My beef is about inconsistent regulations that are politically motivated without proper scientific fact.
You and my neighbors both. Jeesh, you can't even share an attitude with Americans? That's just nasty.
Why would I want to share something I dont agree with? When it comes to America there is very little I even would like from it. Absolutely nothing.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
We are not in the mess you lot are in or anywhere near it.
What data do you support that assertion with?
I dont have to prove a negative do I. There many conflicting reports that experts say no conclusion can be made. The RIVM came out with another report yesterday into the size of droplets required to transmit the virus. Again more confusion. Again official data is put into doubt.