Media Bias

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Media Bias

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Won't somebody please think of the shitposters?

'Reddit updates hate speech policy, bans subreddits including The_Donald'
Reddit updated its policies against hate speech Monday and banned 2,000 communities or "subreddits," including one devoted to President Trump.

The forum r/The_Donald had over 700,000 users, although activity had declined on it since the 2016 election. Several of the most popular posts on the forum on Monday morning were months old.

The new policy explicitly bans subreddits and users that "promote hate based on identity or vulnerability."

"All communities on Reddit must abide by our content policy in good faith. We banned r/The_Donald because it has not done so, despite every opportunity," the company wrote in a post announcing the changes.

"The community has consistently hosted and upvoted more rule-breaking content than average, antagonized us and other communities, and its mods have refused to meet our most basic expectations. Until now, we’ve worked in good faith to help them preserve the community as a space for its users—through warnings, mod changes, quarantining, and more."

The community, which was created in the run-up to the 2016 election, has a history of hateful posts and conspiracy theories.

It has been influential, with some content created on it ending up on Trump’s Twitter account.

Reddit had previously been “quarantined,” making the community harder for users to stumble upon it in searches.

Among the 2,000 subreddits banned, only 200 had more than 10 daily users.

Among the more active communities banned Monday was r/ChapoTrapHouse, a forum dedicated to the leftist podcast of the same name.

"Though smaller, r/ChapoTrapHouse was banned for similar reasons: They consistently host rule-breaking content and their mods have demonstrated no intention of reining in their community," Reddit's post reads.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 am

I think they got rid of TERF's too. Can't have 'gender critical ' writing hosted on a public service like that!

Not that there is a bias there in favour of one party or their kooky ideas...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:32 am

Well cunt, someone's got to be left behind when things change.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:47 am

Parle seems to be doing fine at the moment. It's going to experience the same kind of ruin, of course, but it's looking like it'll be fun to watch.

A lot of those 'banned' voices are collected there, and it looks like they just left twitter behind in the apple app store ratings.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 am

I had a look. The site wouldn't load. Good start.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 am
I had a look. The site wouldn't load. Good start.
Parler is doing fine, rEv. Many staunch defenders of free speech have joined already. Among them are Donald Trump Jr., Dan Bongino, Rudy Giuliani, Katie Hopkins, Alex Jones, Ted Cruz, Laura Ingraham, Brad Parscale, Mike Lee and Candace Owens
According to Matze, as of May 2019, Parler had about 100,000 users. Parler said its user base had more than doubled in June 2019 when around 200,000 accounts from Saudi Arabia signed up to the network...
More info here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 am

This Twitter Alternative Was Supposed To Be Nicer, But Bigots Love It Already

“Shalom goys! Remember to accept more illegal immigrants into the USA! Remember diversity is your strength goy! What’s that? Why doesn’t Israel accept rapefugees? Uh… because… OY VEY LOOK AT THE TIME! Have to go!”

These words, which are accompanied by a caricature of a large-nosed, yarmulke-wearing Jew, read like the kind of white supremacist screed you’d find in one of the corners of the internet known for hatred and bigotry. They’re not on Gab or 4chan, though — they’re on a new, growing platform called Parler News.

John Matze, the self-described libertarian engineer behind Parler, says his goal is to provide an alternative to Twitter by fostering political discourse more like what you get in real life, when face-to-face conversations mitigate much of the anger. He hasn’t succeeded as yet, however. Parler is full of fury, fear and conspiracy theories. What’s more, the platform doesn’t have the technology or resources necessary to contain the Jew-hatred and Islamophobia so easily found there.

“I don’t think you can have it both ways,” said Alison Dagnes, a professor of political science at Shippensburg University. “I don’t think it works that you say, ‘We’re going to have a safe space for people who have been kicked off of other platforms because their speech is hateful and we promise that this safe space is going to be really civilized.’ How does that work? There is no such thing as civilized hate speech.”..

https://forward.com/news/national/42770 ... ra-loomer/
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:55 am

42 was pretty good at civilised hate speech..
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 pm

but tranny did it the way it should be done.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Parler is probably owned by Amazon, and feels like a trap.

I'm not sure what kind, but back when facebook started to feel that way, I banned me and haven't been back.

It's like twitter, but claims 'free speech', and if you miss 42, or others disagreeing robustly with you, give it a try.

But it feels like a trap.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:34 pm

It took unreasonably long, but I found something NOT politics related on there.

Relevant of nothing...
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:36 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:41 am

:lol:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 am

Those guys are going to get their own reality TV show at this rate.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:51 am

Amazing:

France bans Dutch bike TV ad for creating 'climate of fear'
Ad for VanMoof bike unfairly discredits automobile industry, says watchdog

A TV commercial for a Dutch-made bicycle has been banned by France’s advertising watchdog for creating a “climate of fear” about cars.

Despite being aired on Dutch and German television, the Autorité de régulation professionnelle de la publicité (ARPP) said the ad for the VanMoof bike unfairly discredited the automobile industry.

The advert features a shiny black car on which are reflected images of chimneys, the flashing lights of emergency vehicles and traffic jams. The vehicle melts away to transform into the Dutch company’s latest e-bike, accompanied by the tag line: “Time to ride the future”.

“Some images in the reflection of the car are, in our opinion, unbalanced and discredit the entire car sector,” the ARPP said in a letter sent to VanMoof. “The images of factories/chimneys and an accident create a climate of fear. So they will have to be adapted.”
It is not a legal bike here as you can travel at 32kph. The maximum here is 25kph. It then becomes a pedelec and needs an expensive moped insurance and helmet. Also means you cant use urban cycle lanes.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".