US Election 2020

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:54 pm

So like CNN or MSNBC. Gotcha.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Why would you already specify which ballot to receive when registering for mail-in voting? That somewhat violates privacy of voting. Over here, when you register for mail-in voting you get ballots for all parties just like you would at a polling place.

When you register for mail-in voting over here, the package to vote is sent to the address that you already registered with. So, it will always go to your registered home address.

You also get a special envelope to send the marked ballot in. This type of envelope is made of special material so that when you open it after it was closed, you cannot do that in a way that doesn't destroy the envelope. So, it is not possible for someone from the postal service to manipulate the actual vote.

In the voter registry, all the people that requested mail-in voting are marked, so you cannot vote both via mail-in voting and in a polling place. When a mail-in-voting letter is opened at the place where mail-in votes are opened, the associated entry in the register is marked, so you cannot send multiple mail-in votes for the same person.

I have worked at places where mail-in votes are counted and at polling places. At least using the system used over here, there is no chance to commit voter fraud (manipulating votes or adding additional votes) using mail-in voting.

One possible problem with Mail-in voting is that it could be used to sell your vote or be used by someone else into pressuring what vote you cast. This problem is also addressed in the system over here. You can register for mail-in voting multiple times and in this case only the last voting package you receive actually counts, the previous ones become invalid.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:26 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:05 pm
Why would you already specify which ballot to receive when registering for mail-in voting? That somewhat violates privacy of voting. Over here, when you register for mail-in voting you get ballots for all parties just like you would at a polling place.
I think only Dems (or Reps) are permitted to vote in some primaries...maybe a US voter could clarify further.
When you register for mail-in voting over here, the package to vote is sent to the address that you already registered with. So, it will always go to your registered home address.
Geez...sounds like a 'voter-ID' is in use...isn't that called racism in the US?

Maybe there is another reason the Dems regularly opposed it, but I thought their racism was the main reason...
You also get a special envelope to send the marked ballot in. This type of envelope is made of special material so that when you open it after it was closed, you cannot do that in a way that doesn't destroy the envelope. So, it is not possible for someone from the postal service to manipulate the actual vote.
They use a similar system in the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. It's fun, and gets more rube's engaged.

As to 'it's not possible', one scenario that is VERY possible, is for a postal worker to lose a bunch of votes from a district.

There are ALWAYS lots of ways for fraud to take place. When someone insists that it can't, I'm concerned with their motives.
In the voter registry, all the people that requested mail-in voting are marked, so you cannot vote both via mail-in voting and in a polling place. When a mail-in-voting letter is opened at the place where mail-in votes are opened, the associated entry in the register is marked, so you cannot send multiple mail-in votes for the same person.
The US traditionally gets their votes counted in a day. This sounds like it might take a lot longer.

I have worked at places where mail-in votes are counted and at polling places. At least using the system used over here, there is no chance to commit voter fraud (manipulating votes or adding additional votes) using mail-in voting.
No chance, eh?

Sounds like over-confidence to me. Not to say it's a bad system, just that your 'no chance' thingie sound overly optimistic.
One possible problem with Mail-in voting is that it could be used to sell your vote or be used by someone else into pressuring what vote you cast. This problem is also addressed in the system over here. You can register for mail-in voting multiple times and in this case only the last voting package you receive actually counts, the previous ones become invalid.
There is LOTS of abuse of people, and there are few places for the abused to really be honest. A voting booth, protected from prying eyes, is a good one. Sitting down at a kitchen table, with your boss telling you what box to check, might be a bit less 'free'.

I was offered liquor for a vote, years ago. If we had been in possession of mail-in ballots in that case, I have no doubt that the guy would have wanted to see me fill it out and seal it before giving me the bribe. Small experience I know, but with mail-in ballots, there are CLEARLY more opportunities for fraud, so saying there aren't is a red flag to anyone thinking slightly critically about it.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Yeah, some states have closed primaries, where you must be a member of the party to vote in the primary. You would specify party affiliation for that.

I'll be voting by mail this year. I've done it several times, except it was called an "absentee ballot". My vote is definitely for sale if anyone's interested.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:24 am

I think he might have said 120 million instead of 120 000, not watching it again for that
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:38 am

You cant vote by mail here. There are so many polling stations even in supermarkets and in stations. If you cant go you can give your voting card to a friend or neighbour to vote for you. Care homes always have their own polling station which can be used by outsiders. You are not restricted to one polling station as we dont vote in constituencies. The last national elections they had polling stations on trains but of course we are a true democracy.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:38 am
If you cant go you can give your voting card to a friend or neighbour to vote for you.
That sounds a bit tough to monitor...in some countries, people occasionally are dishonest. Probably not in yours though.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:46 pm

This is going to be illegal, even in the Netherlands.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:46 pm
No.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 pm
NineBerry wrote:
No.
Yes. You can't just give up your right to vote to another person. That's a bedrock of democracy.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:03 am

NineBerry wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:57 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 pm
NineBerry wrote:
No.
Yes. You can't just give up your right to vote to another person. That's a bedrock of democracy.
No its not. It is a convenience. You have to make a declaration on your voting card why you are doing it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:04 am

Like "This person extorted me into giving them my voting card"...?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak

Post by laklak » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:10 am

And you'd trust them to vote the way you want? Not me, I don't trust anyfuckingbody.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:29 am

laklak wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:10 am
And you'd trust them to vote the way you want? Not me, I don't trust anyfuckingbody.
You can trust me, laklak. :ab:
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

laklak

Post by laklak » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:34 am

I'd trust you to hold my beer while I voted, if that counts.