All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:46 am

So unfair. Persecuting a young conservative for doing his best to emulate his Dear Leader and MAGA™.

'Students for Trump co-founder pleads guilty to $46,000 fraud scheme'
The co-founder of Students for Trump pleaded guilty Tuesday to scamming consumers and businesses out of $46,000 by posing as a lawyer online and dispensing legal advice, federal prosecutors said.

John Lambert, 23, went by "Eric Pope" and pretended to be a New York-based attorney at a law firm called "Pope and Dunn," the Justice Department said. He pleaded guilty in a New York federal court to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

Authorities said he created a fake website and claimed to have 15 years' experience in corporate and patent law. They also allege Lambert pretended to be a graduate of New York University's law school.

"Lambert’s de facto career was one of a grifter; he had never been to law school and certainly wasn’t an attorney. Today, Lambert admitted to his crimes and faces time in prison for his misdeeds," Geoffrey S. Berman, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, said in a statement.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:52 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:24 am
Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:57 pm
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:55 pm
Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:37 pm
They have all used the power of government to help in reelection. It isn't always cool.
You may have been indoctrinated to believe that, but you've yet to demonstrate the veracity of the claim. Trump clearly did it--Dershowitz's line of patent bullshit was crafted specifically in an attempt to exonerate Trump. And you, the staunch skeptic, uncritically slurped it up and proclaimed it good.
Exonerate Trump on what?

Are you still convinced that the pee-pee tape is coming? Still hoping desperately, that the Russian Collusion hoax, isn't a hoax?
I see that Brian Peacock somehow managed to provoke you to give an unequivocal answer. (Thank you, Brian Peacock! :) )

I've never expressed any belief in the existence of your 'pee-pee tape,' but thank you for your concern. My opinion on Trump's relationship with Russia and Putin, and the Trump campaign and administration's involvement with Russia and Russian puppets is well established in a significant number of posts on this site. In most of those posts I cited original sources and reputable secondary sources in support of my position, not that you have any use for such things. Your fatuous parroting of Trump's mantra is both tedious and predictable.
I don't have to rely on MY opinion. The best of the legal minds opposing him, combed over every bit of evidence.

Wet firecracker level explosive evidence, they had.

At least they still have Flynn's confession...right?

It seems to me there's a disconnect here, but that must be a failure on my part. Maybe you could help me.
Cunt wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 pm
Dershowitz sounded pretty reasonable to me. Of course, I listened to a long interview where he spoke, rather than a news program which told me what he said. Civil liberties guy though, so lots of authoritarian types hate him for that.
“If a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in an impeachment,” Dershowitz said in response to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on the first of two days during which the opposing legal teams answer written questions from the senators.

Cruz had asked, “As a matter of law, does it matter if there was a quid pro quo?”

[source]
This was in Dershowitz's testimony before the US Senate. Dershowitz is telling the Senate that if President Trump believes that his reelection is in the public interest, then using the power of the government in a quid pro quo arrangement with a foreign government to help himself get reelected is not impeachable. That is, it doesn't qualify as a 'high crime or misdemeanor.'
Cunt wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:08 am
You want to know if I think it's ok for a President to use the power of state to feather his re-electoral nest.

I don't.

Why would you ask such a thing? Do you think you score a point?
I referred specifically to the statement from Dershowitz in this post. Your immediate response was to say that you thought Dershowitz 'sounded pretty reasonable.'
I mentioned that I heard him speak in an interview, and he sounded pretty reasonable.

If he made the case that Trump used power fairly, you would have to ask him to back it up. I imagine as a professor of law, he would have the information you seek.

Or you could pretend that because I don't answer the way you want, Trump loses.

No president should use power to feather their re-election chances. I doubt it's reasonable to expect though. It's a straw to grasp at, and with Trump being the cause of all the wrong in many lives, I get that folks grasp at straws...it's desperation.

Do you support the results of a fair election? Or will you spend literally years wishing it weren't so?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:46 am

^Ratz members engaging with cunts around here.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:11 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:07 pm
I've considered awhile now how the left might replace Biden last-minute (because he is clearly in decline) but now I'm wondering who the Republican candidate will be in 2020.
8-) Biden can walk down a ramp unassisted, and doesn't need to be dosed up to eyeballs on beta-blockers just to drink a glass of water with one hand. :smoke:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 am

Propranolol comes from a class of drugs known as beta blockers, which lower blood pressure by blocking particular sympathetic nervous system receptors. These receptors also happen to be the ones that get activated in times of fear or anxiety, which is why beta blockers are useful as performance enhancers. A beta blocker can keep a person’s hands from trembling, his heart from pounding, and his forehead from beading up with sweat. It can also keep his voice from quavering, which is why shy people sometimes sneak a beta blocker before giving a big speech or a public presentation.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... er/306961/
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:37 pm

If a democrat cop, in a democrat city, run by a democrat mayor and a democrat governor murders a suspect by kneeling on his neck, would Nervous Nancy be stupid enough to blame Trump?

Would her acolytes follow suit?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:51 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:46 am

^Ratz members engaging with cunts around here.
Another great video from Mr Brain Sludge, but as I've said before I'm not interested in pwning Cunt or 'winning' the argument but in articulating my ideas, concerns and values. The fact that he avoids engagement in favour of one-shot declaratives makes very little difference to me.

Yeah, I'm a nerd. :nerd:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:20 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:52 am
I don't have to rely on MY opinion. The best of the legal minds opposing him, combed over every bit of evidence.
That's really competent work there; good show. Ask my opinion then sneer at me when I respond regarding my opinion. I think you've pretty much mastered this.
Cunt wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:52 am
I mentioned that I heard him speak in an interview, and he sounded pretty reasonable.

If he made the case that Trump used power fairly, you would have to ask him to back it up. I imagine as a professor of law, he would have the information you seek.

Or you could pretend that because I don't answer the way you want, Trump loses.

No president should use power to feather their re-election chances. I doubt it's reasonable to expect though. It's a straw to grasp at, and with Trump being the cause of all the wrong in many lives, I get that folks grasp at straws...it's desperation.

Do you support the results of a fair election? Or will you spend literally years wishing it weren't so?
Needs more work: The dodging of the issue is too obvious. Nice level of whataboutism, but should present a forceful distraction to camouflage the feeble hand-waving.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:00 pm

I'm not dodging anything. Do you think we disagree on something specific?

Dershowitz (who I thought a villain) was interviewed by a friendly interviewer, and I thought differently. He has been defense on some terrible cases, but terrible people are supposed to have effective lawyers...

I sneer at your opinion, because it doesn't align with the reality that happened. All the pro's looked at ALL the evidence (which we can't see) and arrived at a different conclusion than your opinion suggests. Their conclusion: Impeachment is CRITICAL, but wait a month or so, for holidays, THEN we'll impeach him forever. To no effect, because nothing was found to convince any non-Dem's of the importance of the events you are concerned with.

I'm not sure where we disagree. Dershowitz IS a villain - until you consider him as a person. Justice IS unfair, until you consider what other systems have been more 'fair'. Dershowitz might be onto something about his statement. It sounds like something he could back up with law (what's his current job again?)

Perspective matters, and while I don't like Trump (OR the Dem 'alternative') I even more hate the dishonest attacks on him.

It makes me trust less and less, what the media says. Since opening myself up to other opinions, I've found that simply discussing, or asking questions about some of these issues, is enough to get people to shut down.

Think of all the 'bravery' shown by corporations who fly the rainbow flag, or BLM flag...is that an indication that these positions are brave? Or that they are pretty much accepted by the vast majority of customers?

Have any of these retail-goods producers taken a stand in favour of free speech?

The supply of hate seems to be WAY too low for most media, and they desperately seek more to showcase, often to their detriment. Examples are plentiful, if you care to look. (Smollett, Sandman, etc.)

One of the latest hoaxes was the Nacar thing, but while it's easy to find people accusing the fans of that sport of being racist, the org immediately moved to take away the offending flag, call in the FBI to investigate, and 'bravely' stood exactly in line with the majority.

It shouldn't be that controversial to say it, but most Americans are not racists. That's why Nascar can take such a position so 'bravely'.

It's like Mc.Donalds colouring their 'golden arches' teal. They don't give a fuck about colour, just revenue. Same goes for political trends.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:35 pm

It was over in 2015.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:51 pm

So democrat trolls tricked the politicians into mis-planning an event...

We should trust them with mass mail-in ballots though.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Yeah. Ballots are on paper. Tickets were on line.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:08 pm

It's a repulic. It's for republicans, not democrats.
Screenshot_20200625-152106~2.png
Screenshot_20200625-152106~2.png (541.47 KiB) Viewed 1352 times