The post corona virus thread.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: The post corona virus thread.

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:08 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:56 pm
Even now with all the confusion some people are not wearing them on public transport. The easing of restrictions as per 1st. of July will cause even more confusion.
I see drivers wearing them, alone in cars. Passengers on public transport not wearing them. Lots of judgemental looks across that difference. Best of all, I saw a couple get out of a truck, she put on her mask, carefully (it was beautiful, with beading, and was obviously not disposable) and he left his beard shaggy.

Confusion isn't enough to describe it. It's pretty easy to find authorities contradicting each other on this issue, and that kind of erodes confidence.

Like if only some protests are reputed to spread virus, while others are spreading love and acceptance of race (in a country that seems least racist among countries)

The media is making this WAY worse than it needs to be.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:45 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:57 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:52 pm
The Chinese were wearing masks because of air pollution.
That's not the only reason. I have several co-workers from China and Taiwan. And in February they were all like "Why isn't anyone wearing masks in Europe? Are you people crazy?"
Because pollution is a fact of life for them. They dont understand how clean our air is especially here on the coast. It is the same here with water. People still buy bottled water when the water out the tap is equivalent to Spa Blue. It is habit.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:37 pm

My point was that if masks are going to become the norm then that's going to fundamentally change the nature of our social relationships and interactions.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:12 pm

I've heard that used masks can be made safe again by 20 minutes in an oven. It would need to be over 100C, but not hot enough to scorch them...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:37 pm
My point was that if masks are going to become the norm then that's going to fundamentally change the nature of our social relationships and interactions.
With or without masks, there will be new social norms, including no handshakes or hugs, an expectation that you stay home even if slightly ill (no more "soldiering on") and generally making an effort to keep your distance.

In the US, it may involve shooting people who get too close... :tea:
And my gin!

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:16 pm

When talking about the professional masks, no, this heat will destroy the filtering ability. For homemade masks, you can simply wash them in a washing machine.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:38 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm
an expectation that you stay home even if slightly ill (no more "soldiering on") and generally making an effort to keep your distance.
Not too sure how that's going to play out in the trades. Gig-economy is taking over there, as other places. It could leave those with the least money most motivated to 'soldier on'.

Of course, as soon as the poor people do something, the wealthy monkey follow right along...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:52 pm

It is true that the poorest people in any society will find it harder to do effective social distancing. There are a variety of reasons: cramped housing, more need to use crowded public transport, and job conditions (including, quite often, an inability to work from home). In addition to that, the poorest sections of society often have more pre-existing medical conditions and generally higher stress levels, which can lead to Covid-19 infections being more serious.
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:47 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Not here. :biggrin:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:59 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:10 pm
I dont believe this subject can be thrown into the Corona thread. This is even more important than the present situation. We are heading to a totally new society which is what many are looking forward to. Nobody has a real clue of where we are going. In this country they go on about the 1,5m society. How long will we keep up this pretence of keeping 'social distance' or wearing masks? Will it be permanent? No more clubs or society meetings? How will we cope on public transport? Number of passengers has already been halved with no standing. Schools? Offices? Everything is going to change. Electronic tagging? Freedom movement? These will all change. Are we going to accept all these impositions while the rich flaunt the regulations?
Here is one article just to kick off with:
When Covid-19 has done with us, what will be the new normal?
From online GPs and home working to smartphone tracking, the speed at which we are embracing technology is unprecedented – but can we trust it?

Pandemics – as the historian Yuval Noah Harari has observed – press the fast-forward button on history. Suddenly, changes that would in pre-corona times have generated years of debate, dissent, hesitation, opposition and delay turn out to be possible overnight.

Exhibit A in this context is the way in which hundreds of thousands of white-collar workers are suddenly able – indeed, required – to work from home.

Exhibit B – more worrying – is the way governments are either already deploying, or actively considering, surveillance technology of such intrusiveness that it would have caused outrage and furious protests even a month ago.

Exhibit C is the decision of the two huge tech companies that control mobile phone technology – Apple with its iOS operating system and Google with Android – to create application programming interfaces (APIs) that will enable governments to build and deploy proximity-tracking apps on every smartphone in the world. This is remarkable in two ways. One, it involves cooperation between the two members of a global duopoly that would normally trigger antitrust suits – yet there hasn’t been even a whimper from competition authorities. And two, the companies insist that if governments do not comply with the conditions that they – Apple and Google – are laying down, then they will withdraw the APIs. The specific condition is that apps using the APIs are not mandatory for citizens. They have to be opt-in. So here we have two powerful global corporations laying down the law to territorial sovereigns. Unthinkable a month ago. But now…
Dont think it will not be that bad. The sense of power is getting to many and they are not going to give it up.
Great OP. But haven't you got the message yet? It's about EXTERMINATION. Get used to it, "Time to DIE!" :cheers:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:15 am

Galaxian wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:59 am
Great OP. But haven't you got the message yet? It's about EXTERMINATION. Get used to it, "Time to DIE!" :cheers:

:bored:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:32 am

:wacky:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:49 am

There is a real Dalek flavour to the new Galaxian...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Getting back on topic, simple cures will be the end of this 'crisis'.

For those of you who can't read French, those glorious bastards have created a wet-wipe that kills viruses. It names the flu specifically. Seldom needs the 3 vigorous wipes of dry paper, to achieve the needed cleanliness.

Crisis ENDED.

(spoilered because it's toilet-related)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
runout.png
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:47 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Not here. :biggrin:
Yeah. Dutch social interactions are mostly limited to monosyllabic grunts and clearing your throat in German. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT