The Coronavirus Thread

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Cunt » Wed May 27, 2020 2:17 pm

rainbow wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 am
All drugs are dangerous, it depends on the dosage and fitness of the individuals that are included in the trial. In this case they are trained medical people who understand the risks, and are prepared to take those risks.

I'd be very happy if hydroxychloroquine or any other drug showed that it was effective in treating Covid 19. You can quote me on that.
How happy would you be if many people died following Trump's non-expert example?
Trump's 'non-expert' example?

I'm not sure, since he doesn't get a paycheque anymore, but I think he might have the best expert advice anyone could want. From doctors to nutritionists. The best, biggest. Yuge and TREMENDOUS. He can afford good advice.

It's not like he is stuck in a backward country, living as a pauper and unable to access dozens of medical experts...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed May 27, 2020 5:11 pm

Hermit wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:01 am
The fact that the RIVM accepted that their data is incorrect and the how and why it is incorrect is the point of discussion but you once again accepted the kool aid that the numbers are too low but there is no evidence for that.
No evidence? It's about time you explained how that sudden and steep spike in death rates is wrong or does not represent additional deaths caused by the corona virus.

Once again drinking the kool aid. That is no evidence. There has not been any investigation into the deaths. Ok at best you can say there was a jump in death rates and that is all you can conclude. What was the jump in 2018?

Another story of bad data but this time in the third world:

Venezuela’s Covid-19 death toll claims ‘not credible’, human rights group says
Country has confirmed 1,121 coronavirus cases and 10 deaths
Pandemic is ‘perfect excuse for regime to crack down’ – expert

Venezuelan claims that fewer than a dozen people have died in the country from Covid-19 are nonsensical and likely dramatically underestimate the severity of the situation there, Human Rights Watch activists have claimed.

The South American country, which faced a historic economic depression even before the pandemic, reported its first Covid-19 cases on 13 March and has since confirmed 1,121 cases and 10 deaths.
The same will be true in other American and African countries but I suppose for you they will be genuine.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed May 27, 2020 8:48 pm

OK, Scot, you are clearly alluding to the obvious fact that data in many third world countries is showing many fewer deaths and infections than the reality. In most cases, this will be because their medical and information-gathering infrastructure is not up to the task, rather than deliberate corruption. Clearly, the Covid-19 epidemic is worse than the overall figures show.

You are still hedging about your own country's figures, even with the clear graph from Hermit; I would of thought from all your previous posts that your country was not corrupt, had an excellent medical organisation, and a political system which is focused, pragmatic and highly efficient, and so would produce more accurate figures than most, certainly not inflated... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed May 27, 2020 9:38 pm

JimC wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:48 pm
OK, Scot, you are clearly alluding to the obvious fact that data in many third world countries is showing many fewer deaths and infections than the reality. In most cases, this will be because their medical and information-gathering infrastructure is not up to the task, rather than deliberate corruption. Clearly, the Covid-19 epidemic is worse than the overall figures show.

You are still hedging about your own country's figures, even with the clear graph from Hermit; I would of thought from all your previous posts that your country was not corrupt, had an excellent medical organisation, and a political system which is focused, pragmatic and highly efficient, and so would produce more accurate figures than most, certainly not inflated... :tea:
The problem is exactly that Jim. We expect accurate figures but we are not getting them because of the protocol used. They listened to a small group of experts and ignored the rest. We dont know what we have. All Corona deaths must have tested positive for the virus but that does not mean they died from the virus because no post mortems have been carried out. To say they died from Corona is one step too far. They died while infected with the virus. It seems so difficult for some to understand the difference.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed May 27, 2020 10:23 pm

"They died while infected with the virus."

Conceding that there may be a small number who, while infected, died from a condition that would have killed them in any case (and I presume they would not count someone killed in a car crash while infected...), one needs to bear in mind the following:

- the virus may have tipped someone with a previous condition over the edge, at the very least causing an earlier death than otherwise would have been the case; perhaps that could be counted as half a mortality... ;)

- are all people who die in the Netherlands (and elsewhere) being tested for the virus? I suspect that the numbers here (of deaths without testing) would at least make up for the possible discrepancy above...

- and there is no getting away from Hermit's graph. The recent peak is at least a thousand more than any previous peak. You would need to find convincing evidence of another major cause of death that just so happened to coincide with the pandemic...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:17 pm
rainbow wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:08 am
All drugs are dangerous, it depends on the dosage and fitness of the individuals that are included in the trial. In this case they are trained medical people who understand the risks, and are prepared to take those risks.

I'd be very happy if hydroxychloroquine or any other drug showed that it was effective in treating Covid 19. You can quote me on that.
How happy would you be if many people died following Trump's non-expert example?
Trump's 'non-expert' example?
Yep. Care to answer the question?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri May 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Coronavirus: Monkeys 'escape with COVID-19 samples' after attacking lab assistant
One of the primates was reportedly later spotted up in a tree, chewing one of the sample collection kits.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... t-11996752

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri May 29, 2020 4:10 pm

rainbow wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 am

Yep. Care to answer the question?
You know, it looks more and more like I just don't respect you enough to engage in your kind of play.

Maybe it's just gas...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sat May 30, 2020 1:08 pm

One by one, the children and adults line up for the centuries-old ritual of Holy Communion, trying to keep a proper social distance. The priest dips a spoon into the chalice of bread and wine, which the faithful believe is the body and blood of Christ, and puts it into the mouth of the first person in line.

Then, with a move that would alarm an epidemiologist, he dips the spoon back into the chalice and then into the next person’s mouth.

Again and again, through the entire congregation.

Contrary to what science says, the Greek Orthodox Church insists it is impossible for any disease — including the coronavirus — to be transmitted through Communion.

“In the holy chalice, it isn’t bread and wine. It is the body and blood of Christ,” said the Rev. Georgios Milkas, a theologian in the northern city of Thessaloniki. “And there is not a shred of suspicion of transmitting this virus, this disease, as in the holy chalice there is the Son and the Word of God.”
https://apnews.com/42165e482f3fbb126a38e39fdf5c94f2

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat May 30, 2020 1:11 pm

:wacky:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat May 30, 2020 1:16 pm

EDF9FAE2-EA1A-4465-A614-F6A40B1B30B6.png
Finnish health ministry scraps any support for essentially the surgical masks and other non n95 masks.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat May 30, 2020 1:20 pm

AC626785-9894-4103-8156-E21CE6FDEADA.png
Scroll down to p 87 of the pdf for live links

http://julkaisut.valtioneuvosto.fi/bits ... sAllowed=y

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat May 30, 2020 1:22 pm

Coughing into your elbow was also not evaluated for efficacy.
:funny:
Last edited by Tero on Sat May 30, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat May 30, 2020 1:29 pm

It does clear some space around you at the supermarket though.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat May 30, 2020 2:49 pm

Tero wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:22 pm
Coughing into your elbow was also not evaluated for efficacy.
:funny:
I really liked your pants-pissing analogy, as it was much more descriptive of the real situation.

Like telling my friends teenager, that it isn't 6-feet, it's loogy-distance.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: