Media Bias

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Media Bias

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 22, 2020 10:26 am

See my signature... :D
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri May 22, 2020 12:11 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:26 am
See my signature... :D
:funny:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 pm

:dunno:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 22, 2020 4:13 pm

Stick some lipstick on it and I'm good to go. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 pm

I know me.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri May 22, 2020 5:25 pm

I wonder if using donuts would encourage more extra-curricular activities. :naughty:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 22, 2020 5:33 pm

It could certainly be an interesting variation on the pineapple ring. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri May 22, 2020 6:06 pm

You guys missed the point...you aren't supposed to be putting delicious treats on your junk...JESUS FUCK you guys.

It's refering to the FUPA, which is part of a plump human form!

(spoilered because I can't...I just can't)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri May 22, 2020 10:08 pm

I like the new blond lady Trump got. She took time to try to teach the press about asking questions.

It's going to be informative to see how people treat her.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat May 23, 2020 11:26 am

Pineapples are always recommended to improve the taste of certain body fluids in a man.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun May 24, 2020 2:34 pm

It would be a damn good thing if President Trump actually commissions a panel to look into the horrible, unfair way that conservatives are treated on social media. Maybe they can do something about the outrageous injustice committed by Facebook recently against certain very good people.

'Study: White Supremacist Groups Are "Thriving" On Facebook, Despite Extremist Ban'
A new study reported that white supremacist groups are “thriving” on Facebook, despite repeated assurances from the company that it doesn’t allow extremists on its platform.

The watchdog group Tech Transparency Project released a study Thursday that found more than 100 white supremacist groups had a presence on Facebook.

After HuffPost emailed a Facebook spokesperson about TTP’s report this week, project researchers noticed the company had removed pages for 55 white supremacist groups identified in its report.

“We are making progress keeping this activity off our platform and are reviewing content in this report,” a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement to HuffPost, adding that the company has “banned over 250 white supremacist organizations and removed 4.7 million pieces of content tied to organized hate globally in the first quarter of 2020, over 96% of which we found before someone reported it.”

[Emphasis mine. - L'E]
'Trump Is Considering Forming a Panel to Review Complaints of Anti-Conservative Bias Online: Report'
After years of complaining of online bias against him, President Donald Trump is thinking about doing something about it—again. The Wall Street Journal reports that Trump is considering forming a panel to review (so far unsubstantiated) allegations of anti-conservative bias on social media, which could include the creation of a White House commission focused on online bias and censorship.

Other plans on the table include asking the Federal Communications Commission and the Federal Election Commission to review instances of supposed bias. Per the Journal, which did not name its sources, Trump’s plans are still under discussion. It cited a White House official who expressed concern about left-wing bias online.

“Left-wing bias in the tech world is a concern that definitely needs to be addressed from our vantage point, and at least exposed [so] that Americans have clear eyes about what we’re dealing with,” the official told the Journal.

Trump has been accusing tech giants of suppressing conservative views for years and has claimed that social networks disproportionately ban or limit right-wing users and content. He has warned that he would take action on the matter in the past. Just last year, the White House launched a campaign to collect the experiences of users who had been suspended or banned by platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

In addition, in August officials at the White House drafted a proposed executive order that would address allegations of anti-conservative bias by social media companies, although such an executive order ultimately never materialized.

The president himself spoke about this issue in a tweet last week.

“The Radical Left is in total command & control of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google,” Trump said. “The Administration is working to remedy this illegal situation. Stay tuned, and send names & events.”

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun May 24, 2020 7:08 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 2:34 pm
'Trump Is Considering Forming a Panel to Review Complaints of Anti-Conservative Bias Online: Report'
The president himself spoke about this issue in a tweet last week.

“The Radical Left is in total command & control of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google,” Trump said. “The Administration is working to remedy this illegal situation. Stay tuned, and send names & events.”
If the situation is illegal, I guess the DoJ could take Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google to court and prosecute them under the laws that make the situation illegal. If that can't be done Trump could establish the 20th century equivalent of Joe McCarthy's House Un-American Activities Committee.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun May 24, 2020 8:42 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
It would be a damn good thing if President Trump actually commissions a panel to look into the horrible, unfair way that conservatives are treated on social media.
There is only one group who can't see the bias of social media, and the danger of allowing them to continue to exploit their audience.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun May 24, 2020 9:09 pm

"The Radical Left is in total command & control of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google"
:funny:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun May 24, 2020 10:14 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:42 pm
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
It would be a damn good thing if President Trump actually commissions a panel to look into the horrible, unfair way that conservatives are treated on social media.
There is only one group who can't see the bias of social media, and the danger of allowing them to continue to exploit their audience.
What group is that? And how might the bias of social media be different that the social bias of society?

Frank Zappa