All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Tero » Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 pm

2B8FF5A9-D588-4DE0-9EA6-BD8D2ECCD069.jpeg
... pointing out that the fiscal 2020 National Defense Authorization Act requires a minimum of 120 days' notice of withdrawal.

House Foreign Affairs Chairman Eliot Engel also accused Trump of "knowingly breaking the law."
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am

9B10B4BB-BE59-4820-96D3-CE36D9B71E9F.jpeg

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri May 22, 2020 11:40 am

wow, that's some statement
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 22, 2020 12:29 pm

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri May 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 22, 2020 5:09 pm

:tup: If you're dipping into Renegade Cut check out their 'Misinformation for Fun and Profit' vid.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri May 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Already did.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat May 23, 2020 12:46 am

Screenshot_20200522-195555.jpg

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat May 23, 2020 4:18 am

Animavore wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:37 pm
A US TV host has furiously rebuked President Donald Trump for falsely suggesting her husband and co-presenter may have got away with murder.

In tweets, Mr Trump has appeared to link MSNBC anchor Joe Scarborough to the death of an aide two decades ago, a conspiracy theory debunked by police.

"Donald, you're a sick person," anchor Mika Brzezinski said on air as she defended her husband.

She also demanded Twitter take down the president's incendiary tweets.

What else did Brzezinski say?

"He's once again tweeting conspiracy theories about Joe, falsely accusing him of murder," Ms Brzezinski said on her MSNBC show Morning Joe on Wednesday, before addressing the president directly.

She questioned how the president could subject the family of a congressional aide - who authorities said died of natural causes in Mr Scarborough's office in 2001 - to such "BS".

"Donald, you're a sick person," Ms Brzezinski said. "You're really a cruel, sick, disgusting person."
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52748844

Why does he get away with this?
Simple: There are so many important positive things to say about Trump that the occasional minor misstep is easy to overlook.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat May 23, 2020 12:13 pm

8C8B66BC-D171-406B-839D-A46D21176E06.png

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat May 23, 2020 11:37 pm

Meanwhile back at the Trump Administration Oil Company Pig Trough:

'Oil Companies Can Set Their Own Rates for Royalties From Drilling on Public Lands Thanks to Trump'
In a display of loyalty to what Greenpeace called "the most polluting industry in history," the Trump administration is allowing dozens of oil and gas companies to set their own rates for royalties they're required to pay on revenue generated from drilling on public lands.

As High Country News reported Thursday, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) contacted its state offices the day after global oil prices plunged to below $0 per barrel as the Covid-19 pandemic caused an unprecedented drop in demand.

The federal agency, which oversees 96,000 oil and gas wells and more than 24,000 leases on public lands, ordered state officials to encourage more drilling despite an excess supply of oil which was forcing companies to pay for oil storage.

In addition to suspending lease payments, BLM told states to allow companies to apply for relief from royalties, the mandatory taxes on the revenue the fossil fuel industry earns, which are used to support public schools, higher education, and healthcare in Western states.

According to High Country News, BLM instructed state offices to allow oil and gas companies to decide how much they want to pay in royalties for the duration of the pandemic, suggesting that the standard rate of 12.5% be reduced to as low as 0.5%.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun May 24, 2020 3:09 am

Wouldn't want those religious and private schools to miss out on the bounty. So what if it comes at the expense of funding for schools that are actually poor, those children should be in religious schools anyway. :pardon:

'DeVos funnels coronavirus relief funds to favored private and religious schools'
Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is using the $2 trillion coronavirus stabilization law to throw a lifeline to education sectors she has long championed, directing millions of federal dollars intended primarily for public schools and colleges to private and religious schools.

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, signed in late March, included $30 billion for education institutions turned upside down by the pandemic shutdowns, about $14 billion for higher education, $13.5 billion to elementary and secondary schools, and the rest for state governments.

DeVos has used $180 million of that money to encourage states to create “microgrants” that parents of elementary and secondary school students can use to pay for educational services, including private school tuition. She has directed school districts to share millions of dollars designated for low-income students with wealthy private schools.

The most contentious move is guidance that directs school districts to increase the share of dollars they spend on students in private schools. Under federal education law, school districts are required to use funding it receives for its poorest students to provide “equitable services,” such as tutoring and transportation for low-income students attending private schools in their districts. But the department said districts should use their emergency funding, which was doled out based on student poverty rates, to support all students attending private schools in their districts, regardless of income.

The federal Education Department said if school districts were to count only poor students, “they would be placing nonpublic school students and teachers at a disadvantage that Congress did not intend.”

“It’s sad, but unsurprising, that some would put their own financial interests ahead of the needs of all students and teachers,” the department said.

Educators are pleading with the department to revise or rescind the guidance. In Montana, school officials estimate that compliance would shift more than $1.5 million to private and home schools, up from about $206,469 that the schools are due under current law. In Louisiana, private schools would receive at least 267% more funding, and at least 77% of the relief allocation for Orleans Parish would be redirected, according to a letter state that education chiefs sent to DeVos. The Newark Public Schools in New Jersey would lose $800,000 in federal relief funds to private schools, David Sciarra, the executive director of the Education Law Center, said in a letter to the governor of New Jersey asking him to reject the guidance.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun May 24, 2020 4:34 am

Does anything work in America?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Incompetence! Working full swing in America.
188759AF-C07A-4B40-95D2-6912C7115654.jpeg

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun May 24, 2020 7:54 pm