The Trump Pandemic

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: The Trump Pandemic

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 19, 2020 3:39 pm

The WHO's budget is less than the budget for the US CDC and yet they're expected to be a CDC for the entire world. Their European head was on the radio yesterday and he stoically avoided questioning or criticising any aspect of the UK government's response even though there's a fair amount of legitimate domestic concern. They can't take sides when trying to improve and coordinate public health provision for 7.5billion people, and Trump's antsy blathering about the WHO is obviously because they won't take his side in blaming everyone else for his administration's failings.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:38 pm
The WHO declared a global Health emergency on January 31st. The countries that reacted very soon are fine now. The countries that didn't start preparations at that moment are in a bad situation...
So you popped in to mention the good done by the WHO, while neglecting to mention anything critical?

OK...sounds very 'sciency' of you.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Lying for Trump. Causing endangering lives.
Georgia’s coronavirus data made reopening look safe. The numbers were a lie
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2 ... jLYhxuk5mY
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 20, 2020 12:28 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:43 pm
Hermit wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:10 pm
rainbow wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:28 am
Cunt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:11 am
Tero wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:37 am
Trump is the boss and he has the Senate. And here we are. 90 000 dead and many survivors broke. The 1200 check is a token offering to those really in need.
Sounds better than some countries, not as good as others.
Which other countries have over 90 000 dead from the Trump Pandemic?
None, but bare numbers are less significant than those that are in relation to the total population of each country. The USA does not fare quite as badly in that regard. With 4558 positive test results per million 11 other countries do worse, and with 272 deaths per million it lies in 13th place. Spain (590), Italy (529), the UK (508), France (423), Sweden (362), the Netherlands (332) and Ireland (311) fare worse in terms of the latter.
It has no value statically. Expressing per million always favours the large countries. Countries whose populations are under a million it is not valid. San Marino has 1,209 deaths per million and has 34,000 population.
Per million is just an alternative form of per capita. Something simple enough that even you should be able to understand.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm
NineBerry wrote:
The WHO declared a global Health emergency on January 31st. The countries that reacted very soon are fine now. The countries that didn't start preparations at that moment are in a bad situation...
So you popped in to mention the good done by the WHO, while neglecting to mention anything critical?

...so the WHO has a budget of $2 billion, most of which was spent on polio and malaria prevention.

The CDC has a budget of over $6 billion.
Did they fail to predict this Pandemic or to make Preparations?
:ask: Do you think they were incompetent, or maybe Trump just didn't listen to them?

Your well thought through opinion on this would be greatly appreciated.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 am

Cunt wrote:
NineBerry wrote:

Regardless of what went on in the early stages in China, including a failure to report the severity of the domestic outbreak, sacking medical staff who were trying to highlight the scale of the problem, and not allowing WHO observers into the affected region, there is absolutely no reason for anyone working in public health at a governmental level anywhere for failing to be informed or to act after 24 January when the paper outlining Covid-19 clinical features - symptoms, transmission, severity, mortality, treatment regimes etc - was published in The Lancent[1]. Four days later on the 30 January the WHO declared a 'public health emergency of international concern'[2] over what was then called the 2019 novel coronavirus - which should have left no government in any doubt about the seriousness of the infection or the potential risk to public health. And certainly no government could then reliably claim to have been caught by surprise even before the WHO declared Covid-19 a pandemic on 11 March[3].

China acted badly at the beginning and their actions were not just wrong but detrimental to public health beyond their own borders. So, remind me, what exactly is it that we're supposed to be criticising the WHO for again, and how might that criticism help to address the various problems thrown up by the pandemic?

3. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/ ... march-2020
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed May 20, 2020 11:40 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:19 pm
Got a link for that?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 95393?s=20
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 20, 2020 12:17 pm

:lol: Have you scrolled through the comments and replies?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed May 20, 2020 2:33 pm

rainbow wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 am
Cunt wrote:
NineBerry wrote:

...so the WHO has a budget of $2 billion, most of which was spent on polio and malaria prevention.

The CDC has a budget of over $6 billion.
Did they fail to predict this Pandemic or to make Preparations?
:ask: Do you think they were incompetent, or maybe Trump just didn't listen to them?

Your well thought through opinion on this would be greatly appreciated.
If people were as critical of global organizations as you are of me, they would probably be a lot sharper.

I think you are less competent than Trump...evidenced by contrasting your interests and words against his.

And you popped in to defend the global orgs too. I'm not surprised. You probably want an EU to rule you, rather than your elected officials.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 20, 2020 2:41 pm

What exactly have the WHO done which is indefensible? Still waiting... :coffee:

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed May 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:41 pm
What exactly have the WHO done which is indefensible? Still waiting... :coffee:
Knuckled under to every political pressure.

In thrall to China, in particular, this time. Showed it, too.

It's probably FINE to be in thrall to the Chinese government. To most of the world, that likely isn't seen as a problem.

Why not let them go on with their fine work, without the US contribution? Why is it so critical that the US pay? How much should the US pay, in comparison to other countries?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 20, 2020 2:51 pm

'In the thrall of China'? How are/were the WHO in China's power?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed May 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:51 pm
It showed most clearly in their answer about Taiwan, but it isn't the main point. The main problem is that they will (MUST!) knuckle under to any country who wants something.

Oh, and it isn't just politics - Taiwan had earlier exposure, and controlled their early outbreaks better than Wuhan, so the information they refused to discuss in that call was relevant to the outbreak.

But if they aren't 'in thrall' to China, my mistake. I just don't trust them in relation to viruses, China, Taiwan or the US...but they are probably great for all the other stuff.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:51 pm
It showed most clearly in their answer about Taiwan, but it isn't the main point. The main problem is that they will (MUST!) knuckle under to any country who wants something.
So I guess you think the WHO would be better if it didn't take shit from nobody and if it had supreme authority and/or power?
Cunt wrote:Oh, and it isn't just politics - Taiwan had earlier exposure, and controlled their early outbreaks better than Wuhan, so the information they refused to discuss in that call was relevant to the outbreak.
Okay. So again you think the WHO should have the ability to just make that stuff happen regardless of who they're talking to or about.
Cunt wrote: But if they aren't 'in thrall' to China, my mistake. I just don't trust them in relation to viruses, China, Taiwan or the US...but they are probably great for all the other stuff.
Right. So it doesn't matter if you've got good reason to take a pop at the WHO you just don't like how other countries have handled things 'in relation to viruses' - and I guess the WHO is responsible for that because ... what? They're not all seeing and all powerful?

Would you beat a dog if its owner farted? Just asking for a friend.

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed May 20, 2020 5:47 pm

China caused it!
WHO caused it!
CDC caused it!
Nanncy Pelosi caused it!
Obama left an empty PPE closet!
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics ... index.html
This comes after an interview Sunday, where White House trade adviser Peter Navarro publicly blamed the CDC for the testing failures in the United States.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...