Media Bias

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 pm

If Trump thought it was being racists he probably wouldn't have said those things, but I'm not asking you to declare whether Trump thought he was being racists or not, but asking you whether you're prepared to refute or defend the charge that Trump was being racists in the examples Hermit posted?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 pm
If Trump thought it was being racists he probably wouldn't have said those things, but I'm not asking you to declare whether Trump thought he was being racists or not, but asking you whether you're prepared to refute or defend the charge that Trump was being racists in the examples Hermit posted?
It doesn't matter to anyone, BP.

For instance, whatever I say, others will use their 'racism guide' to decide whether I am or am not.

As to whether I think anyone is 'racist', I think pretty much everyone is.

How much it matters changes depending on specifics. If someone said a harsh thing, I wouldn't jump to compare them to another who killed millions in pursuit of wiping out a race.

That would sound FUCKING stupid. Also insulting as fuck to the folks who really suffered.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 pm
It doesn't matter to anyone, BP.

For instance, whatever I say, others will use their 'racism guide' to decide whether I am or am not.

As to whether I think anyone is 'racist', I think pretty much everyone is.

How much it matters changes depending on specifics. If someone said a harsh thing, I wouldn't jump to compare them to another who killed millions in pursuit of wiping out a race.

That would sound FUCKING stupid. Also insulting as fuck to the folks who really suffered.
It mattered enough to you to say that people were 'obsessively ravening' over Trump, which implied that people pointing to examples of Trump possibly being racist were unduly preoccupied with seeking out things that cast him in a less than favourable light. Accepting that, for the sake of argument, I'm quite plainly asking you to explain why those examples cannot or shouldn't be submitted as evidence of Trump being racist - at least on those two occasions. So?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Because there isn't a definition which would allow someone to be convicted, or acquited of such a 'charge'.

Of course, if you want to give a clear definition, which can be used to identify anti-Semitic behaviour among muslims, AND anti-black behaviour among christians, I'm all ears.

My guess is though, that it isn't much more clear than any other name-calling. Feel free to clarify your definition though...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm

I feel that pretending you don't know what racism is or what the word racism means is what psychologists call 'performative ignorance' - which is just a swanky way of me saying I don't believe that you're unaware or confused about what racism is or what the word means.

If the dictionary definition is ambiguous or arbitrary please explain how and/or why.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 5:44 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm
I feel that pretending you don't know what racism is or what the word racism means is what psychologists call 'performative ignorance' - which is just a swanky way of me saying I don't believe that you're unaware or confused about what racism is or what the word means.

If the dictionary definition is ambiguous or arbitrary please explain how and/or why.
Because it isn't clear.

Why not simply direct me to people who have been acquited of 'racism' (according to your definition of the word) and how they were acquited?

Unless of course, it hasn't ever happened in your experience.

Which would be a hilarious confirmation of my position.

Which is this - the accusation is meaningless, since no-one can be acquited of it.

Lets start clean...I hereby accuse every human of being a racist. Now, if you would like to acquit anyone of that accusation, please give your reasons for doing so. As you clarify what makes the accused 'not racist', we'll apply those reasons to more people.

I think everyone is racist. Honest. I also don't think it has to be as important as everyone pretends. Racists get to vote. In a democratic system, they might even vote for racist policies.

The US is one of the least racist systems out there, as evidenced by the fact that anyone, of any race, can earn the right to vote, run for office, or just be a citizen.

Most countries are much more racist in their national policies.

How is media bias affecting the view of Dem vs Rep response to the virus outbreak?
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/statu ... 3031202816

To listen to the MSM, it would sound like the Republicans were ruining the world, while the Dems were doing wonderful things all over the US.

Might want to check facts, instead of preferences. Looks like the Dems, with HEAPS more tax money, are a complete shit-show.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 5:46 pm

What exactly is unclear about the dictionary definition of racism?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 6:00 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:46 pm
What exactly is unclear about the dictionary definition of racism?
The dictionary isn't YOU.

When has anyone that was accused of racism, been acquited in your personal view, and what acquited them?

Did Trumps racist comment mean he IS a racist? What about his prison reform? If that benefited many minorities, does it balance his coarse language? Or is he still 'racist'?

Can racists take action against racism, while still being racist in your view?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:44 pm
Why not simply direct me to people who have been acquited of 'racism' (according to your definition of the word) and how they were acquited?

Nobody has ever been acquitted of the crime of racism because nobody has been charged with racism in a court. Although crimes can be motivated by racism, racism on its own is not listed as a crime in the statute books.

That's why racists like Trump can remain a racist without ever being charged and found guilty or acquitted of being a racist.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 pm

Hermit wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 pm
Cunt wrote:

Nobody has ever been acquitted of the crime of racism because nobody has been charged with racism in a court. Although crimes can be motivated by racism, racism on its own is not listed as a crime in the statute books.

That's why racists like Trump can remain a racist without ever being charged and found guilty or acquitted of being a racist.
With your robust and useful definition in mind, I find every human to be a racist.

Now, can we get on with more important things? Or would you like to take the time to point out which ones you think are racists of note? Are some countries even worse than Trump and the US? Or is he the only important racist to you?

For instance, I seldom hear of your opinion of the other national leaders and their racism, though surely many are worse than Trump.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue May 19, 2020 5:01 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 pm
Hermit wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 pm
Cunt wrote:

With your robust and useful definition in mind, I find every human to be a racist.
I have not offered a definition of racism, Daggles, though I did cite a couple of examples.
Cunt wrote:
Now, can we get on with more important things?
More important than racism? Sure. Jussie Smollett's name appears in 26 of your posts, so it is possible that his wrongful allegations are more important to you than Trump's racism. You have not mentioned him for four days. About time to discuss that earth shaking fraud again, don't you think?

Oh, and that's a fine piece of whataboutism.
Cunt wrote:
Or would you like to take the time to point out which ones you think are racists of note?
"Whatabout", round 2.
Cunt wrote:
Are some countries even worse than Trump and the US?
"Whatabout", round 3.
Cunt wrote:
Or is he the only important racist to you?
"Whatabout", round 4.
Cunt wrote:
For instance, I seldom hear of your opinion of the other national leaders and their racism, though surely many are worse than Trump.
"Whatabout", round 5.

Why did you stop there, Daggles? You were on a roll.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 pm
Remember when Ben Affleck, in a roid rage while on Bill Maher's show, called Sam Harris a racist? He convinced millions that day.
No.

I think Bill Maher is a twat, so I don't watch. Why do you?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 19, 2020 1:25 pm

Hermit wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:01 am

Why did you stop there, Daggles? You were on a roll.
Oh look, your only subject of expertise!

Since you can't answer the most basic questions about your racist comments, I'll just ask how is your cardio?

I hope you had a good session today, with improvement and satisfaction.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue May 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:25 pm
I'll just ask how is your cardio?
Five consecutive whataboutisms followed by a question about cardio. You're a champ, Daggles.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue May 19, 2020 2:33 pm

Hermit wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:24 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:25 pm
I'll just ask how is your cardio?
Five consecutive whataboutisms followed by a question about cardio. You're a champ, Daggles.
You have no opinion to share aside from your thoughts about me, so I thought I would retrack to a subject where you might be interesting to me - physical health.

Everyone can improve theirs, unless they don't want more life. Choose as you wish.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: