Media Bias

Joe

Re: Media Bias

Post by Joe » Mon May 18, 2020 4:04 am

:hehe:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 6:07 am

Hermit wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:47 am
Trump told congresswomen of colour, three of whom were natural born US citizens and one of whom was a naturalised US citizen, to go back to the countries they came from. That's racist.

Trump said that a natural born US citizen, raised and educated in Indiana, had a conflict of interest on account of his Mexican ancestry while presiding over a court case brought against Trump University. That's racist.
And I said he isn't any more racist, no matter how many times you repeat it.

It's hilarious to see the incoherent outrage though. If he is convincted of racism fully, with his first racist action, from then on he is denied all the rights held by the exclusively non-racists.

Other than that, nothing seems to change, except the accusations of racism seem to increase in frequency, while decreasing in effect.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon May 18, 2020 6:46 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:07 am
Hermit wrote:
Trump told congresswomen of colour, three of whom were natural born US citizens and one of whom was a naturalised US citizen, to go back to the countries they came from. That's racist.

Trump said that a natural born US citizen, raised and educated in Indiana, had a conflict of interest on account of his Mexican ancestry while presiding over a court case brought against Trump University. That's racist.
Hey, I just gave you two indisputably racist incidents of Trump's racism. In one he told three women of colour - who were born in the USA - to go back to where they come from. He would not have said that were they Caucasian. In the other he claimed that a judge - who was born in the USA - was not qualified to preside over a court case brought against a university he owned. He would not have said that were the judge's parents Caucasian. In both cases he was talking about US born citizens, and he talked about them in the way he did because they were not white. Trump is an arsehole in many ways, and one of them is his racism.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 7:03 am

But.. but.. but... you must constantly demonstrate your even-handed rationality by giving Trump the benefit of the doubt and never forming any opinions about him that errs towards the critical, because to do so automatically marks that viewpoint as ill-founded and not based on reason or actual experience.

May the strawmanning, gaslighting, and TWS continue unbridled and unabridged! :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2020 8:13 am

Trump was a spoilt brat as a kid. His mother hated children but just gave anything he wanted to keep him quiet. He was a bully at school and used his wealth to ridicule the other kids. The problem is he never grew up. He is still the spoilt brat of a bully.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:07 am
Hermit wrote:

He isn't any less racist, no matter how many times you repeat it.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:13 am
Trump was a spoilt brat as a kid. His mother hated children but just gave anything he wanted to keep him quiet. He was a bully at school and used his wealth to ridicule the other kids. The problem is he never grew up. He is still the spoilt brat of a bully.
You're just jealous. He's a self-made man who started with nothing but a small loan of $1m from his father.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2020 12:45 pm

The great urban myth. :hehe:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 pm

rainbow wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 am

He isn't any less racist, no matter how many times you repeat it.
I haven't even said it once.

I've just pointed out how the obsessive ravening over his racism looks.

Remember when Ben Affleck, in a roid rage while on Bill Maher's show, called Sam Harris a racist? He convinced millions that day.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Cunt wrote:...

I've just pointed out how the obsessive ravening over his racism looks...
I don't think Hermit's ravenging obsessively - he's just pointing a couple of incidents where Trump was just being a bit of a racist - and it's not like he had to go hunting for them is it?.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Getting back to a lying, complicit media...

They took a side. Clearly, and effectively. (I mean look how many people insist on Trump being guilty of things he was not found guilty of)

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/05/17 ... d-america/
We found out this week that Schiff always knew there was no evidence of collusion. By day he would interview former Obama administration officials including Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, Ambassador to the UN Samantha Power, national security adviser Susan Rice and Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who would tell him there was nothing, and by night he’d jump on a newscast assuring Americans that he’d seen evidence of something.

But there was nothing.
Nothing? Even with Schiffty Schiff insisting he had seen evidence?
The coordination between Schiff and the media was pernicious.

As Lee Smith wrote in the New York Post, “The tragic fact is that once-prestigious press organizations, including CNN as well as MSNBC, the New York Times and the Washington Post, weren’t fooled by the collusion hoax. They were an essential part of it.”
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 3:55 pm

Change the subject if you like, but do you really think Hermit is bothered by how his pointing out two examples of Trump's racism looks to you?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:55 pm
Change the subject if you like, but do you really think Hermit is bothered by how his pointing out two examples of Trump's racism looks to you?
It's not him.

It's a ravening horde of people insisting that Trump is (racist, Hitler, sexist, whatever) something, while pretending that this is somehow informative.

I don't get 'racism' off him, and if you do, then ok, he's racist.

What next?

Does he get denied all the rights that racists are denied according to the constitution of the US?

Or is it just something to repeat with enthusiasm and heartfelt futility?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon May 18, 2020 4:03 pm

So are you refuting the charge from Hermit's examples that Trump was racist - at least on those two occasions?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon May 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:03 pm
So are you refuting the charge from Hermit's examples that Trump was racist - at least on those two occasions?
Nope.

I don't presume to know what 'racist' means to him.

If I knew what convicted, or acquited someone of such a charge (according to him) then i might know, but I don't give a shit.

I heard what he said. I've heard what is said about him. The label 'racist' doesn't seem to help, or to be evenly applied (how many of 'the Squad' are racist against Jews? I've heard Jews complain about them...)

When Ben Affleck called Harris 'racist' on TV, it convinced millions.

Millions now believe the label doesn't matter, except as an attack.

Millions of others now believe that Harris is racist against some religious.

Which millions are 'right'?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: