Spygate is unravelling

Joe

Re: Spygate is unravelling

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:51 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Ah Cunt, as usual you didn't follow my thinking, but then I suspect I'm a much more sophisticated consumer of news than you are.
I wonder what you think you know that I don't...

I'll check what you listed as Trumps greatest accomplishments, to see if you can say any nice things about him, or if you are also enjoying TDS/TAS

I read the entire article, which is an opinion piece from a biased source I've long been familiar with.
So again attacking the source.

Isn't this the source who has been granted the right to depose Hillary Clinton about her fuckups in government?

Yeah, but your 'long familiarity' should convince me of what exactly?
Unlike you, I read the news articles Farrell linked to, which don't support his interpretation of events, and I know from experience opinion pieces will sometimes do that. Unlike reporting, opinion writers are held to a much lower standard of truth.
So what convinced you he is untrustworthy? So far, I've looked at a lot of attacks, and they amount to not liking that he uncovered disgusting shit.

Maybe I'm missing where he lost a lawsuit because he was lying about someone, or making false claims...

Maybe he's right, although he hedged a lot, but I am content to wait for factual reporting from a professional prosecutor using sworn testimony and interviews conducted under penalty of felony instead of taking the word of someone who has a shady journalistic history.

If you want to base your views on such a sketchy foundation, go ahead. I'll reserve judgement until I have better information. :coffee:
I've been ahead of the curve on the impeachment being a sham/unfounded. It's SO easy when TDS is so clearly infecting people.

It is how he has reduced confidence in mainstream news, and I think it is GREAT work. They ruin people when they want, with usually no repercussions.

Now, that's changed. The highest paid 'white male' at CNN is now a kid they tried to smear deliberately.

I will also wait for Durham, but when he reports and arrests, how many people do you think will suddenly claim he is a puppet of Trump? (unless Trump is one of the arrests, I expect it from most)
So Cunt, tell me why what I listed as Trump's greatest accomplishment has anything to do with evaluating a source of information. It sounds like you are a little obsessed with the guy. :{D

Actually, Trump's greatest accomplishment probably is something I know that you don't.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:41 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:25 pm
So Cunt, tell me why what I listed as Trump's greatest accomplishment has anything to do with evaluating a source of information. It sounds like you are a little obsessed with the guy. :{D
He is a good indicator of some things. It's hilarious how lots of folks find it impossible to praise the guy, while having NO trouble criticising. To me, that makes their opinion of him a bit suspicious.

Like asking a muslim about jews. Some of them are just not reasonable about it, and it shows.

Actually, Trump's greatest accomplishment probably is something I know that you don't.
I'm all ears, but how would you know if I already knew it or not? Want to test me?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:41 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:25 pm
He is a good indicator of some things. It's hilarious how lots of folks find it impossible to praise the guy, while having NO trouble criticising. To me, that makes their opinion of him a bit suspicious.

Like asking a muslim about jews. Some of them are just not reasonable about it, and it shows.

I'm all ears, but how would you know if I already knew it or not? Want to test me?
Oh I have faith you'll say you knew all about him ending the war in Afghanistan, his excellent record fighting human trafficking, reshaping the federal judiciary, passing criminal justice reform, and taking out the top ISIS guy. But since you want a test, tell me which one of those I made up? :biggrin:

Of course, you still didn't say why this has anything to do with evaluating a news source. What if the story isn't about Trump? :{D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:08 pm
Oh I have faith you'll say you knew all about him ending the war in Afghanistan,
I didn't, but knew that he wanted to.
his excellent record fighting human trafficking,
Clearly you didn't know I've been reading qanon individuals...they have been talking about it pretty regularly, including speculating that his recent announcement about rescuing and returning a woman, had something to do with it.
reshaping the federal judiciary,
If you mean all the 9th circuit stuff, I'd heard, and believed he changed it the way he wanted, but didn't know the details, or whether it aligned with my preferences or not
passing criminal justice reform,
Not sure, but would believe he did. He gets a lot of shit done.
and taking out the top ISIS guy.
Sulimani? Yeah, but his 'success' was followed very closely by Iran shooting down a Canadian plane. Kind of tough for me to objectively call that one a win. If you meant the one shortly after, I don't remember his name, but remember hearing something about another prominent figure.
But since you want a test, tell me which one of those I made up? :biggrin:
Hmmm...

I rambled and answered while skimming, and now I'll try to guess which you made up...
The war in Afghanistan. That's the made-up one.

Of course, you still didn't say why this has anything to do with evaluating a news source. What if the story isn't about Trump? :{D
You answered my concern, by showing that you have the ability to say what might be contraversial (in that way). Others can't seem to find anything good to say, then expect to be trusted for their objectivity.

It's tough to describe, but if you can't even present the opposing view in a 'fair' way, there is often a good chance you don't know it very well. (though it can also be politically incorrect to present an opposing view fairly)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:07 am

Actually, none of these is made up. I might be fun to see if you can list five Trump failures, or fairly state the case for impeaching him, but that still doesn't get to the issue at hand, which is evaluating a news source.

In this case, this wasn't a news source. That's something I know that I think you don't. Opinion pieces aren't reporting, columnists aren't reporters, and they don't have to be as accurate as news stories. In the organization of a newspaper, news and editorial are different departments. Here's further explanation from a reporter.

In this particular case, Farrell was kicked off Fox for making a bogus claim on the air. He works for an organization with a sketchy reputation for misleading reporting, and when I read his piece he misrepresented the sources he provided. Why shouldn't I take his opinion with a grain of salt and wait for better information?

Besides, there's an old journalism adage I learned in my youth, "if your mother says she loves you, check it out."

The link is to an excellent example of why this is good advice.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 am

Joe wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:07 am
Actually, none of these is made up. I might be fun to see if you can list five Trump failures, or fairly state the case for impeaching him, but that still doesn't get to the issue at hand, which is evaluating a news source.

In this case, this wasn't a news source. That's something I know that I think you don't. Opinion pieces aren't reporting, columnists aren't reporters, and they don't have to be as accurate as news stories. In the organization of a newspaper, news and editorial are different departments. Here's further explanation from a reporter.

In this particular case, Farrell was kicked off Fox for making a bogus claim on the air. He works for an organization with a sketchy reputation for misleading reporting, and when I read his piece he misrepresented the sources he provided. Why shouldn't I take his opinion with a grain of salt and wait for better information?

Besides, there's an old journalism adage I learned in my youth, "if your mother says she loves you, check it out."

I knew a few of them, but listing his failures would simply point me to my bias. I can state it easier...

The attacks on him were so unfair, I started feeling more and more sympathy for him and his voters. Seeing so many reasonable people called racist (and worse) doesn't convince me they have earned the title - kind of the opposite.

Which puts a blind spot. If he told someone to fuck off, I wouldn't be bothered. If Pelosi tore up his speech as a symbol, I would be bothered. It's not fair of me.

More feeling than thinking, I would say.

As to Farrell, getting kicked off Fox could mean different things, depending on when (they have changed their ratings with some news rating services over the years)

As to his opinion, that's what it is - opinion. I'll wait for Durham, too, but honestly have a tough time finding the evidence for spying on the Trump campaign. It is getting so thin I'm going to go ahead and bet (I'll bet you a photo) that Flynn gets clear of the legal trouble he is in.

But yeah, Durham has the real evidence. Sure hope he doesn't get 'Clintoned'...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:41 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 am
Joe wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:07 am

I knew a few of them, but listing his failures would simply point me to my bias. I can state it easier...

The attacks on him were so unfair, I started feeling more and more sympathy for him and his voters. Seeing so many reasonable people called racist (and worse) doesn't convince me they have earned the title - kind of the opposite.

Which puts a blind spot. If he told someone to fuck off, I wouldn't be bothered. If Pelosi tore up his speech as a symbol, I would be bothered. It's not fair of me.

More feeling than thinking, I would say.

As to Farrell, getting kicked off Fox could mean different things, depending on when (they have changed their ratings with some news rating services over the years)

As to his opinion, that's what it is - opinion. I'll wait for Durham, too, but honestly have a tough time finding the evidence for spying on the Trump campaign. It is getting so thin I'm going to go ahead and bet (I'll bet you a photo) that Flynn gets clear of the legal trouble he is in.

But yeah, Durham has the real evidence. Sure hope he doesn't get 'Clintoned'...
I'd worry more about COVID than Clinton. Durham's 70, so running around talking to people entails a bit more risk these days.

As for Trump, if listing his failures leads you to your bias it's a worthwhile exercise. Everyone is biased in some way. Awareness is the best remedy.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:43 am

Joe wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:41 am
I'd worry more about COVID than Clinton. Durham's 70, so running around talking to people entails a bit more risk these days.
There is a much better reason than that. I can DO something about a virus. Real, if teeny, practical stuff. I can only laugh from back here at Clinton.
As for Trump, if listing his failures leads you to your bias it's a worthwhile exercise. Everyone is biased in some way. Awareness is the best remedy.
Oh, his failures wouldn't help me avoid my bias. It doesn't rely on his being 'good' or 'bad', but the attacks against him. For instance, lots of the twitterati, and mainstream news media call him racist. Speak of it as if it is important, or that he has the potential to make racism better (or worse)

But get a weird old white guy to pay a lady to write a script, where a black actor shouts racist nonsense, and with their divided responsibilities, they can be granted prestigious awards, and the public admiration of the twitterati/mainstream news.

So with that incongruity, the attack on him (i.e.-Trump is a RACIST!!!) is dogshit stupid, regardless of his being found guilty or innocent of it.

I think his biggest failure might be the early stage of this virus crisis. Shutting down to China showed he knew he had to, but he didn't shut down everywhere. Of course, he DID block Canada before Mexico...maybe we deserved it.

At least I hope that was his biggest mistake. I kind of like some Americans.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:52 am

One doesn't become unbiased simply by pointing out everyone else's failings.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:43 am
Joe wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:41 am
There is a much better reason than that. I can DO something about a virus. Real, if teeny, practical stuff. I can only laugh from back here at Clinton.
Oh, his failures wouldn't help me avoid my bias. It doesn't rely on his being 'good' or 'bad', but the attacks against him. For instance, lots of the twitterati, and mainstream news media call him racist. Speak of it as if it is important, or that he has the potential to make racism better (or worse)

But get a weird old white guy to pay a lady to write a script, where a black actor shouts racist nonsense, and with their divided responsibilities, they can be granted prestigious awards, and the public admiration of the twitterati/mainstream news.

So with that incongruity, the attack on him (i.e.-Trump is a RACIST!!!) is dogshit stupid, regardless of his being found guilty or innocent of it.

I think his biggest failure might be the early stage of this virus crisis. Shutting down to China showed he knew he had to, but he didn't shut down everywhere. Of course, he DID block Canada before Mexico...maybe we deserved it.

At least I hope that was his biggest mistake. I kind of like some Americans.
Twitterati and mainstream news media? Who is that?

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 pm
Galaxian wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:19 am
Joe wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 pm
After eight pages of unsubstantiated rubbish like this, you're either having fun trolling us or Galaxian found out your password. :smoke:
Except, cunt happens to be right. The Democraps were determined to attack Trump in any way they could. And they're still at it! :coffee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSM6Ohz_pM
:eddy:
If you want to have some fun, Galaxian, go check the thread 'Trumps Greatest Achievements', and collect every positive thing said about Trump. Then cross-reference to illuminate who has jumped into the thread, yet is either unable or unwilling, to say anything positive about him.

I think, for example, Joe would find it very difficult to say anything clear and positive about Trump.

I like his treatment of the news agencies. That alone has been invaluable. All he really does is let them speak for themselves, really.
I was impressed by Trump in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYwJPKmVozk

Also impressed by his finally hitting back at the saboteurs of the economy; 'promising' to reopen the nation by Easter.
Here's Tucker Carlson digging the rot out of the corrupt universities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhHH1AJtZ3Y

All countries are corrupt through & through. And yet the sheeple think that the high echelons are clean, brilliant, & fair! :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:44 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 am
Also impressed by his finally hitting back at the saboteurs of the economy; 'promising' to reopen the nation by Easter.
I'll check it out. Tucker is grating and irritating, but often pretty sensible.

What I think is hilarious is that University profs are warning each other that their content might be shared with 'right wing sites'.

Fucking GOOD.

If parents knew more thoroughly what they were paying for (especially 'the Humanities' streams) they would stop fucking paying. If the profs are embarrassed to have their 'teachings' shared with ideological opponents, that speaks to their confidence, and their trust in their material.
All countries are corrupt through & through. And yet the sheeple think that the high echelons are clean, brilliant, & fair! :coffee:
Not all countries, but all people. The real rot starts in a larger group, but being hopeful as I am, the audits and accountability have been improving steadily.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 pm

This vid shows a seal on the front of the lecturn, and a blue flag to the speakers left. Those are gone now.

Do they mean something? How long ago did they get removed? Anyone know why?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Galaxian wrote:

Good piece by Tucker, but I'm confident the well-educated among the Ratz will either attack his character, or otherwise ignore his point here.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:20 pm
Galaxian wrote:

Good piece by Tucker, but I'm confident the well-educated among the Ratz will either attack his character, or otherwise ignore his point here.
Carlson's on point here, but he omitted one of Yale's most notable low grades, rich kid admissions. I guess he didn't have enough time, but the guy went on to be a painter and pretty good comedian. :{D