Media Bias

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Speaking of media bias, google is different now. I wonder if the twitters are different, too.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:24 am
That Trump tweet about there being 546 confirmed cases (at that relatively early stage) and only 22 deaths. Regardless of FOX NEWS' incredulity that's still just over a 4% mortality rate, and their repeating of the White Houses earlier lies about the infection rate of the virus are wholly unsupportable and in Public Health terms negligent. As I said earlier, the confirmed cases will only be a small fraction of the total number of infected individuals, the fraction sick enough to be hospitalised and subsequently tested. What we need now is information on the proportion of those infected whose symptoms become serious enough to require medical intervention - but without widespread, systematic testing there's a big black hole in the epidemiological data.
Of we go again. I would ignore all data coming from the American government. The truth will be never known. By making massive presumptions does not help either.
Help me out here Scot. Can you point out the 'massive presumptions' in my comment above for me?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:32 pm

Accepting any American data as fact is a presumption or cant you see that.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Media Matters, in the US, just had a document leak. If you respect Media Matters, or have learned a hatred of Trump, you shouldn't go look for it.

I'm not satisfied that ANY media companies are trustworthy, since almost no-one ever talks about which ones are 'mockingbird' media. It's almost like one shouldn't even ask
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:28 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:32 pm
Accepting any American data as fact is a presumption or cant you see that.
My comment concerned what Trump tweeted, and FOX NEWS' reaction to it, regardless of the absolute truth of the matter. That won't become apparent for some time to come. Both Trump and FOX were using two suggested data points, the confirmed cases and the deaths, to imply that the contagion was insignificant (which surely you'd agree with eh?) even though in themselves the datapoints imply a 4% mortality rate. At the moment the epidemiological data is being compiled and updated to give a more realistic, real-world picture. You (and Trump and FOX) can really only maintain an air of blasé indifference if you ignore the actual infection rate of the contagion. So, do you dispute the infection rate figures, and if so what do you think they are or might be instead?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 pm

JFCOAPS. Brian THINK!!!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:53 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 pm
JFCOAPS. Brian THINK!!!
You'll have to translate that. If you have a point, make it. If you think I need to "THINK!!!" about something try and express what it is. At the moment you don't even seem to want to talk about it sensibly. So, do you dispute the infection rate figures, and if so what do you think they are or might be instead?

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:56 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:53 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 pm
JFCOAPS. Brian THINK!!!
You'll have to translate that. If you have a point, make it. If you think I need to "THINK!!!" about something try and express what it is. At the moment you don't even seem to want to talk about it sensibly. So, do you dispute the infection rate figures, and if so what do you think they are or might be instead?
They can be any government wants them to be.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:03 pm

You're woefully missing the point. Whether the figures in the tweet were true in an absolute sense or made up bollocks Trump and FOX were still downplaying their significance even though they demonstrated and 4% mortality rate. Again I'll say that that is negligent on the part of both the White House and their willing lapdogs at FOX. I'd also caution you to not assume that I get my information about Covid-19 only from the media or government press releases.

The Dutch PM said three days ago that most Dutch citizens will get the virus - is that just a government making a figure whatever they want it to be? So, do you dispute the infection rate figures, and if so what do you think they are or might be instead?

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 pm

Yep just about it. I have answered this somewhere else.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:28 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 pm
Yep just about it. I have answered this somewhere else.
No you haven't - you've just asserted stuff as if you have access to some privileged information or an inside track on the 'real' reality.

:bored:

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:33 am

The reality is that there a shitload more cases than the official figures, as the vast majority of people haven't been tested and won't be tested.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:36 am

I've wondered if human testing IS the best way to track this. People lie, and otherwise decieve. If they could track such diseases from the sewer stream, that would be a lot more...honest.

Anyone mind letting the public works run tests on their effluent?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:53 am

Fucking media bias and more fake news. What is it with all this Russian Collusion Hoax? Trump is not Putin's baby. He hardly even knows the man. Sure, he may have met him once or twice, but he has met thousands of other people so insignificant he can't remember ever meeting them.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:00 pm

Fox News rallies around the idea that social distancing is worse than COVID-19
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka