Media Bias

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Media Bias

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:21 pm

Google owns Youtube. He certainly has not been deplatformed there. The first 21 results for Thunderf00t scio busted are links to his vids, and there are more below.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:41 pm

Yeah, Thunderf00t must be a crazy, for saying google is 'airbrushing him out of history'.

Or, there is selective deplatforming for some reason. (I'm pretty sure that DOES happen, so ... ?)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:08 am

I enjoyed tf00t's dismantling of creationist canards in the old days. Not so much his latter-day mansplaining misogyny though.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Rebel News just reported a story in London (UK) where a young girl was groped, but the police refused to press charges against the adult who did it.

If the media were biased against the girls father, that would explain the behaviour...episode is titled 'Lawfare it it's worse'
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:15 pm

When Tommy Robinson starts harassing white-British sexual abusers on their way to court, or blindly asserting that a white-British 16yo deserves to be filmed being bullied because 'he violently attacks young Muslim girls in his school', then I might start believing he's not a racist bigot.

One person's moral turpitude doesn't justify another's turpitude in response.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:47 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:27 pm

The BBC's flag ship nightly news show Newsnight had Nigel Farage on this week to talk about Teh Virus. It seems that in a time of crisis any old chancer with an axe to grind instantly becomes an expert in epidemiology.

Frank Zappa

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 pm

Keep in mind that only a week ago, these same morons were downplaying the severity of this virus and admonishing Democrats for politicizing it.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:10 pm

What would Chinese Communist Party propaganda look like?

Would you know it if you saw it? Have you purchased a map lately, and if so, did it have the extended borders included for China?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:49 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:27 pm
The BBC's flag ship nightly news show Newsnight had Nigel Farage on this week to talk about Teh Virus. It seems that in a time of crisis any old chancer with an axe to grind instantly becomes an expert in epidemiology.
Well he is Trump's friend who got it from his uncle.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:52 pm

All the maps printed under the authority of China's government include Tiawan as part of china. It isn't, according to Taiwan. This kind of media bias is tough to see, in part I think because no-one thinks of that government as producing propaganda outside their borders.

If you bought or ordered maps printed, odds are they include the extended borders.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:01 am

Fox News should go out of business for this, but it won't of course, because this country has a pandemic of stupid...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:24 am

That Trump tweet about there being 546 confirmed cases (at that relatively early stage) and only 22 deaths. Regardless of FOX NEWS' incredulity that's still just over a 4% mortality rate, and their repeating of the White Houses earlier lies about the infection rate of the virus are wholly unsupportable and in Public Health terms negligent. As I said earlier, the confirmed cases will only be a small fraction of the total number of infected individuals, the fraction sick enough to be hospitalised and subsequently tested. What we need now is information on the proportion of those infected whose symptoms become serious enough to require medical intervention - but without widespread, systematic testing there's a big black hole in the epidemiological data.

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:26 am

As for the Daily Telegraph report on China: I think it's wholly remiss of the UK media to not apply the same level of scrutiny to the response of the government at home.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:24 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:24 am
That Trump tweet about there being 546 confirmed cases (at that relatively early stage) and only 22 deaths. Regardless of FOX NEWS' incredulity that's still just over a 4% mortality rate, and their repeating of the White Houses earlier lies about the infection rate of the virus are wholly unsupportable and in Public Health terms negligent. As I said earlier, the confirmed cases will only be a small fraction of the total number of infected individuals, the fraction sick enough to be hospitalised and subsequently tested. What we need now is information on the proportion of those infected whose symptoms become serious enough to require medical intervention - but without widespread, systematic testing there's a big black hole in the epidemiological data.
Of we go again. I would ignore all data coming from the American government. The truth will be never known. By making massive presumptions does not help either.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".