Media Bias

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Media Bias

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:25 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:17 am
I'll say that the suggestion that made me ask...
One thing at a time, please. The "suggestion" that the Coors shooter was dropped quickly from the news cycle is wrong. Let's start from there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:29 am

Sure, we'll see how quickly, and how it is used compared to other, similar cases.

And I know how much to trust you. You sound smart, but a lot less convincing than stupid people. Weird huh?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:35 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:17 am

It would look racist, if the word meant anything.
A great right wing meme: "racism doesn't mean anything" :roll:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:48 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:29 am
Sure, we'll see how quickly, and how it is used compared to other, similar cases.
Six dead. Just a minor mass shooting. And it did not even involve children. Of course this one will fade faster than, say the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, or the Sandy Hook one in 2012. With so many to choose from, one has to be a bit more discriminating. Try and make money by spinning out stories out of every one of the hundreds of ordinary shootings that happen in Chicago every year. It won't work even within Chicago, let alone the rest of the USA or the entire world.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:50 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:01 pm
Cunt wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
So the media bias which doesn't exist includes...

CNN being the only ones to cover the HIGH RISK TAKEDOWN of an old man.
That was just a coincidence. The diligent CNN reporter just happened to get an inkling, a hunch if you will, of a scoop to be had, because of vague, general "unusual activity" among the Grand Jury. That led him to correctly guess the date and time of the raid, and to be properly situated at the house so as not to interfere with the SWAT team.
Wow! And all this time later, many are still convinced that he is SO DANGEROUS, he should be imprisoned for years.

Oh, and the guys here are a bit stale, so I thought I would resurrect you here, to reflect on how, now that you are gone, there simply isn't any more media bias against Trump.

It's all been probably fixed now, by dutch technology, no doubt.
Cunt wrote:
MAGA teens smeared by the media with false stories.
No no. He's a white, straight, male, so he's racist, sexist, misogynistic, xenophobic, etc. He stood their and refused to react to the right-honorable Nathan Philips, which, of course, means he was being racist and disrespectful. If anything, the crime is not doxing him, and not letting the right-thinking antifascists get after him and his family.
Well, he got a settlement out of CNN, that I like to giggle about everytime someone treats them as a news organization.
Cunt wrote:
The Trump/Russia/Collusion song has been sung endlessly by many media sources. Funny that collusion isn't a crime, or a clear accusation of a crime. It's like they wrote that song to slander someone without getting charged.
Funny, some are still beating this drum.

Maybe they'll share their evidence with the rest of the world, or maybe, like the flat earth evidence, it is too precious to share.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:03 am

It's amazing how many of Cunt's claims and rhetorical questions turn out to be total bullshit. I'm surprised he's not embarrassed to keep doing it.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:12 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:03 am
It's amazing how many of Cunt's claims and rhetorical questions turn out to be total bullshit. I'm surprised he's not embarrassed to keep doing it.
He believes that we're too stupid to work out what he's doing.
...which is even more stupid.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:36 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:03 am
It's amazing how many of Cunt's claims and rhetorical questions turn out to be total bullshit.
It's an inexplicable paradox. Our member from Yellowknife is the first and so far only lefty I encountered who clearly recognises every manifestation of bias in the main stream media, yet loses his powerful sceptic faculty completely and instantly upon hearing or sometimes reading anything authored by an obscure conspiracy theorist, crank or prankster, provided the source is right wing, then breathlessly reports to this forum what he has just learnt.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:42 am

I have a suggested change for the forum. We add a new button, specifically for fact-checking vague claims about media bias.

(spoilered to keep it from unauthorised use)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Seraphactcheckbutton.png
Seraphactcheckbutton.png (3.66 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
I don't mind saying I think the media treats different kinds of shootings differently.

My expectation is that this on will recieve relatively little coverage. There are enough shootings to allow news agencies to select the ones that suit their bias, whatever it is.

I of course expect to be called racist for thinking it, without having stats to back it up for the fact checkers, but I'll see what I can do for you soon.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:43 am

Yup. Just as I suspected.

(spoilered to cover the conspiracy)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
conspiracy theory.png
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:39 pm

Women were subjected to MUCH harsher, MUCH crueller domestic violence, following such disasters...

The Fiamingo file, examining feminist response to the Australian Climate Crisis.

Will a biased media show one side of this more often than another?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:30 pm

News from the relentless silencing of right wing voices on Facebook front:

'Facebook’s top news stories are like a window into an alternate dimension'
There are a lot of consequential and important things going on. Not only is today Super Tuesday, but Americans are on edge about the spread of the novel coronavirus that could reach pandemic proportions.

But if you consume your news on Facebook, the biggest news of the day has to do with Hillary Clinton’s emails. Yes, really.

According to data compiled by CrowdTangle, the most total interactions on Facebook came on a Fox News article about a federal judge granting a request from a right-wing group named Judicial Watch to make Clinton sit for a sworn deposition about her use of a private email server when she was secretary of state.

In fact, as this is written early Tuesday afternoon, stories from right-wing sources about Clinton’s emails represent three of the top 10 and five of the 20 top-performing news stories on Facebook over the past 24 hours. The No. 4 story of the day is one about Clinton’s emails from Breitbart, and the eighth-ranked story is one on the same topic from Dan Bongino’s website. Coverage of her emails from National Review and Ben Shapiro also appear in the top 20.

What you won’t find in Facebook’s top 20 news stories, however, is Super Tuesday coverage, anything published by a left-of-center outlet, or anything that’s critical of President Donald Trump or his administration.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:13 pm

Yeah, facebook is clearly biased, but we knew that. Twitter, facebook google and such are giant, wealthy corporations. Somehow though, lots of people think they are somehow NOT a curated feed.

But is 'Vox dot com' biased in a 'left' or 'right' direction?

If facebook were to start getting the majority of their complaints from a majority Muslim country, would that have an effect on how small local issues (like US politics) might be covered?

They are trying to serve a bigger and broader market. They will achieve 'yellow pages' levels of irrelevance, but the elders who think of it as the 'best new thing' will not see it as soon as the youth. Fresh eyes and all that.

I kind of wish an app would colour media according to identified bias, and you could see each outlet with a blue, red or purple tinge.

Plus, it would be good to know where their money is coming from. Bloomberg famously ordered his newsroom to not report on him. How many such orders are done secretly?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:04 pm

I think a clear bias in media is that:
Media can attack some racial groups with imputiny, yet can't attack others with the same.
Media can defend some racial groups with imputiny, yet can't defend others with the same.

Is this a racism? Or just fair treatment of each racial group based on their races' history?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:18 pm

:funny:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka