BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 pm

Barnier the party pooper:

Barnier tells UK: don't kid yourself about financial services deal
EU chief Brexit negotiator scotches hopes of special deal for City of London

Michel Barnier has warned Sajid Javid and Boris Johnson that “they should not kid themselves” that Brussels will give a special deal to the City of London after a photograph emerged of the UK’s opening negotiating position on the new post-Brexit arrangements.

A briefing paper, snapped by a long-lens camera as it was taken into Downing St on Monday, suggested the UK would seek in the coming negotiations a “permanent equivalence” regime for financial services that would last for “decades to come”.
Reality is creeping up.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:43 pm

Yep American muck is coming your way:

Boris Johnson hints at allowing GM food imports from US
PM attacks ‘hysterical’ fears about US food standards, saying UK will be ‘governed by science, not mumbo-jumbo’

Boris Johnson has hinted at allowing genetically modified food to be imported from the US after Brexit as he called for an end to “hysterical” fears about American products coming to the UK as part of a trade deal.

In a speech setting out his goals for trade after Brexit, the prime minister said the UK would not accept a “diminution of standards” on food hygiene or animal welfare as a result of a deal with the US.

He also said Britain would be “governed by science, not mumbo-jumbo” when looking at whether imported food was acceptable for consumption in the UK. Johnson criticised “America bashers” who take a “hysterical” attitude towards US food and view it as “inferior”.

He accepted that there was an argument against chlorinated chicken on animal welfare grounds, but his comments potentially open the door to other US practices coming to the UK, such as genetically modified food.
I am quite sure he will never be buying the rubbish.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm

Oh yeah, congrats on getting Brexit done! Took too long to carry out the will of the people, but hopefully, other countries will be encouraged by the example.

It already looks like a few are considering following along.

I'm pleased with it because the bigger government gets, the worse it gets. Open borders seems to get less and less popular, the more local you get. (for example)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Exactly what the Brexiteers feared:

In wake of Brexit, EU to put Cayman Islands on tax haven blacklist
Decision on British overseas territory comes less than two weeks after UK left bloc

The Cayman Islands, a British overseas territory, is to be put on an EU blacklist of tax havens, less than two weeks after the UK’s withdrawal from the bloc.

In a clear indication of the country’s loss of influence on the EU’s decision-making, the bloc’s 27 finance ministers are expected to sign off on the decision next week.

The EU’s blacklist is an attempt to clamp down on the estimated £506bn lost to aggressive tax avoidance every year but member states are not “screened” in the process of drawing up the blacklist.

Territories linked to member states have also avoided the blacklist and the UK had heavily lobbied to protect its overseas territories from such scrutiny in the past.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:28 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:33 pm
Exactly what the Brexiteers feared:

In wake of Brexit, EU to put Cayman Islands on tax haven blacklist
Decision on British overseas territory comes less than two weeks after UK left bloc

The Cayman Islands, a British overseas territory, is to be put on an EU blacklist of tax havens, less than two weeks after the UK’s withdrawal from the bloc.

In a clear indication of the country’s loss of influence on the EU’s decision-making, the bloc’s 27 finance ministers are expected to sign off on the decision next week.

The EU’s blacklist is an attempt to clamp down on the estimated £506bn lost to aggressive tax avoidance every year but member states are not “screened” in the process of drawing up the blacklist.

Territories linked to member states have also avoided the blacklist and the UK had heavily lobbied to protect its overseas territories from such scrutiny in the past.
They might want to look at Man, Gibraltar and the Channel Islands. It would be interesting who holds accounts there :whistle:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:48 am

Well, Gibraltar will be in a funny position, now that the EU is no longer involved in mediating the dispute between UK and Spain...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:16 am

Let the Spanish remember Drake! :lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 am

rainbow they have and those tax havens have become transparent.

The latest Annexes I and II. These are updated the whole time and now with the UK out of the EU this will be very regular.

The EU list of non-cooperative jurisdictions for tax purposes — Report by the Code of Conduct Group (Business Taxation) suggesting amendments to the Annexes of the Council conclusions of 12 March 2019, including the de-listing of one jurisdiction

There is also an unofficial grey-list.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 am
rainbow they have and those tax havens have become transparent.

The latest Annexes I and II. These are updated the whole time and now with the UK out of the EU this will be very regular.

The EU list of non-cooperative jurisdictions for tax purposes — Report by the Code of Conduct Group (Business Taxation) suggesting amendments to the Annexes of the Council conclusions of 12 March 2019, including the de-listing of one jurisdiction

There is also an unofficial grey-list.
Thank you for the link. However the ultra rich have ways and means of reducing the transparency behind trusts and front companies.
...even within the EU/eurozone. See Monaco and Lichenstein.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Of course it is a cat and mouse game but the holes are slowly being closed. 100% it will never be but it is improving.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Arrogance again!

UK Brexit negotiator accused of treating Britain and EU as 'two different planets'
Verhofstadt says it would be a ‘hell of a job’ to achieve success using David Frost’s approach

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:05 pm

The 51st state is coming slowly but surely:

UK Google users could lose EU GDPR data protections
Brexit prompts firm to move data and user accounts of British users from EU to US

Google is to move the data and user accounts of its British users from the EU to the US, placing them outside the strong privacy protections offered by European regulators.

The shift, prompted by Britain’s exit from the EU, will leave the sensitive personal information of tens of millions not covered by Europe’s world-leading General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore with less protection and within easier reach of British law enforcement.

Google intends to require its British users to acknowledge new terms of service including the new jurisdiction, according to people familiar with the plans.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:33 am

The Book of Dreams.

Read In Full: The UK’s US FTA Plans
This morning the Department for International Trade has released its economic analysis of the forthcoming free trade agreement with the United States. Back of the queue feels a very long time ago…

The document focusses on the regional benefits of a US-UK FTA, saying “Scotland is expected to be one of the parts of the UK to benefit most” through enhances salmon, whiskey, cashmere, and high-quality meat trade. Other sectors that stand to gain the most include Welsh lamb, midlands car manufacturing, machinery exports for the north of England, and London and the south-east through groundbreaking agreements on digital trade.

The Government has clearly been preemptively preparing for another scaremongering NHS attack from Labour, committing to an emphatic red line: “[The NHS] will not be on the table. The price the NHS pays for drugs will not be on the table. The services the NHS provides will not be on the table.”

The exercise modelled two plausible scenarios; a more limited agreement (tariff liberalisation and a 25% reduction in non-tariff measures), and one of a deeper agreement (full tariff liberalisation and a 50% reduction in non-tariff measures.) Growing the UK economy by £1.6 billion to £3.4 billion respectively…

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 pm

British economy 'to grow 0.16% at best under US trade deal'
Admission lays bare limited benefits of ‘ambitious’ agreement with Donald Trump

The British economy would be at most 0.16% larger by the middle of the next decade under a comprehensive trade deal with the US, the government has admitted, laying bare the limited benefits from striking an agreement with Donald Trump.

In a Department for International Trade (DIT) document, designed to kick-start post-Brexit trade talks with the White House, the government said the British economy stood to benefit from an “ambitious and comprehensive” trade deal worth a fraction of GDP, equivalent to £3.4bn after 15 years.

Prompting warnings from economists that the benefits would be far outstripped by the losses from crashing out of the EU, the official analysis also showed that a more limited trade deal with the US would deliver benefits to the UK economy worth just 0.07% by the middle of the 2030s, or about £1.4bn.

The government had previously estimated the economy would be as much as 7.6% smaller should Britain leave the EU without a deal, and about 4.9% smaller under Boris Johnson’s preferred Canada-style agreement.

Dr Peter Holmes, an academic at the UK Trade Policy Observatory at Sussex University, said: “The numbers are very small. It just goes to show how tiny the gains are from an free trade agreement with the US compared to losing our present arrangements with the EU.”
The 51st state is coming.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:31 am

It's not just chlorinated chicken: five foods a US trade deal could bring to the UK
In place of stringent EU food regulations, the US is demanding a ‘science-based’ approach with disturbing consequences

Nothing symbolises British fears of a standard-slashing US trade deal better than chlorinated chickens: those zombie birds, barely able to move, cluck or feed, stuffed with chemicals that force them to grow to unbelievable sizes, sitting in their own waste, covered in sores rather than feathers. At the end of their miserable life of confinement, they are washed in chlorine or a similar chemical to get rid of the bacteria that infect them.