All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:56 am

Own your words, man. You just laughably stated that you support the process of scientists who put their name to their work, while not realising that the vast majority of climate scientists who support the case for anthropogenic climate change also put their name to their work. :funny:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:56 am
Own your words, man. You just laughably stated that you support the process of scientists who put their name to their work, while not realising that the vast majority of climate scientists who support the case for anthropogenic climate change also put their name to their work. :funny:
Did you look into their criticism of the current state of peer review?

Or are you just shitposting in the Trump thread?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:14 am
Other sources said his approval jumped.
I provided a link to the data I cited. It's from a site founded and run by former options trader John McIntyre and former advertising agency account executive Tom Bevan. Not, what you might call a left wing site. I could have also cited another news and poll aggregator, namely 538, but I did not because I know you would have alleged it suffers from left wing bias. (Incidentally, 538's respective numbers are 43.8 and 43.5% respectively, much the same trend, only a half-tone down.)

So, how about providing the link(s) to the site(s) you got your numbers from?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Throughout the appearance, Kelly laid out his doubts about Trump’s policies. Trump has held two formal summits with North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong Un, hoping to scuttle the country’s nuclear program through personal diplomacy. Kelly said the effort was futile.

“He will never give his nuclear weapons up,” Kelly said. “Again, President Trump tried—that’s one way to put it. But it didn’t work. I’m an optimist most of the time, but I’m also a realist, and I never did think Kim would do anything other than play us for a while, and he did that fairly effectively.”

Kelly didn’t know Trump when, after the 2016 election, he was first offered the job of secretary of homeland security. Watching the contest between Trump and the Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, Kelly said he had been “fascinated—not necessarily in a good way—but fascinated as to what that election meant to our country.”

He said his wife urged him to accept the position, telling him, “I frankly think he needs you and people like you.” Kelly ran the Department of Homeland Security until the summer of 2017, when Trump tapped him to replace outgoing Chief of Staff Reince Priebus. Kelly left the White House early last year.

At times Wednesday, Kelly sounded like the anti-Trump. He said he did not believe the press is “the enemy of the people,” for example. And he sharply criticized Russian President Vladimir Putin, whom Trump has steadfastly courted. Kelly described Putin as someone who is “not necessarily a rational actor.” Putin sits atop “a society in collapse,” yet is intent on restoring “the glory days of the Soviet Union,” he said.

When Trump announced his candidacy in 2015, he famously described some migrants coming into the U.S. from Mexico as “rapists” and criminals.

Kelly said most migrants are merely looking for jobs. “In fact, they’re overwhelmingly good people … They’re not all rapists and they’re not all murderers. And it’s wrong to characterize them that way. I disagreed with the president a number of times.”

Responding to questions from the audience, Kelly faulted Trump for intervening in the case of Eddie Gallagher, a Navy Seal who was convicted last year of posing with the corpse of an Islamic State fighter. Trump reversed a Navy decision to oust Gallagher, in a chain of events that led to the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard Spencer.

“The idea that the commander in chief intervened there, in my opinion, was exactly the wrong thing to do,” Kelly said. “Had I been there, I think I could have prevented it.”

The audience applauded.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... mp/606496/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:07 pm

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Trump goes loose cannon in NH. Claims of hundreds of buses coming from MA to vote in NH.
https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/ ... 6478630914

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:27 pm

Tero wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:12 pm
Trump goes loose cannon in NH. Claims of hundreds of buses coming from MA to vote in NH.
https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/ ... 6478630914
Why invent a new lie when a recycled lie will work. His vacuous supporters don't mind at all, and couldn't care less.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:47 pm

Hermit wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 am
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:14 am
Other sources said his approval jumped.
I provided a link to the data I cited. It's from a site founded and run by former options trader John McIntyre and former advertising agency account executive Tom Bevan. Not, what you might call a left wing site. I could have also cited another news and poll aggregator, namely 538, but I did not because I know you would have alleged it suffers from left wing bias. (Incidentally, 538's respective numbers are 43.8 and 43.5% respectively, much the same trend, only a half-tone down.)

So, how about providing the link(s) to the site(s) you got your numbers from?
Because they were wrong. I was misled to think he was experiencing higher approval. You showed me he dropped by almost .2%

So why pick at it. Are you as rigorous with incorrect leftie sources?

Did you look into Jussie Smollett, who his high-ranking government contacts were, and why he was re-indicted?

Did you think about which of your sources got that story exactly wrong, and how they corrected it?

Or did you just keep ploughing along?

By the way, I suspect the ploughing along thing not because of you, but because that is what humans do. They can read a story in the newspaper that they KNOW (from direct experience) is bullshit, then as they turn the page, they treat the next page as if it were a valid source again.

I would like newscasters to be forced to wear their funders logo on their blazers, and a few ratings (newsguard, etc.) to speak to their veracity.

But we don't have that. We have dramatist actors as talking heads. They all look the same (pretty, nice clothes, fancy lighting, impressive desks etc.)

I don't think the polls matter much, really, except as jokes. (see Dr. Weinstein and his discussion of viewpoint falsification and it's effects on recent polling in elections)

Trump isn't over. People are so focused on rising some bile for republicans, that they don't realize the corruption spoiling the Dems.

Don't think of it as them stealing from Bernie, think of it as redistributing Bernies votes. - B. S. (his initials are better than his whole name - Ben Shapiro)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:29 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:38 pm

The US economy is the best it's ever been, according to President Trump. However, in keeping with his long-standing practice of stiffing his contractors, he's crying poverty to cut a scheduled pay raise for federal employees. What a guy!

'Trump Cuts Scheduled Federal Pay Raise, Citing “Serious Economic Conditions” in the Country'
In public, President Donald Trump likes to boast about—and usually inflate—the performance of the American economy on his watch. He picks through the numbers to take credit for everything good and sorts out everything not-so-good for dumping on his predecessors. The result: lots of exclamation points!

If you lived in a bubble where Twitter Trump was your sole news source, you’d be pretty fired up, which makes it odd that on Monday the very same Trump White House said it intends to slash a scheduled pay raise for civilian federal employees. Cutting the 2.5 percent raise set for 2021 to 1 percent for millions of federal workers seems a bit austere in the face of such self-proclaimed boom times. Even more absurdly, Trump is justifying ordering the cut on the grounds that the country is in the midst of a “national emergency or serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare,” which the White House says authorizes the president to “implement alternative plans for pay adjustments.”

So which is it? The best economy in the history of economies or a national economic emergency? Either way, somebody’s lying.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:57 pm

I recall how Trump supporters claimed that it would be great to have a businessman running the country, and that Trump was an immensely successful businessman who would be an excellent choice. Ah, good times.

'Business Genius Trump Lost More Money Than Anyone in America Between 1985-1994'
President Trump built his reputation on his business acumen and negotiating skills. On Tuesday night, the New York Times provided a trove of evidence that he doesn’t have much of either. The news organization obtained the president’s tax information from 1985-1994, and the numbers reveal that the only real skill possessed by the vaunted real estate mogul was hemorrhaging obscene amounts of money. In fact, Trump lost more money than any other American taxpayer over the course of the decade in question: $1.17 billion.

Trump lost so much money between 1985 and 1994 — including over 250 million in both 1990 and 1991 — that he didn’t even have to pay income taxes in eight of the 10 years. Despite the losses, Trump was able to maintain his ultra-luxe lifestyle because most of the money had been borrowed from banks, and because of the $413 million (in today’s dollars, adjusted for inflation) he was able to secure from his father by bobbing and weaving his way around the tax code, as the Times reported last fall.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 pm

I enjoy the way he seems to get the media to embarrass themselves over and over again.

It's getting a bit old though. Hopefully, the Dems will get someone up front who can beat him, AND work with the opposition. (both are probably critical to improvement)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:03 pm

This is going nowhere
https://saraacarter.com/john-durham-app ... ne-it-all/
unless Trump wins again, then he might be able to push back on the FBI. But if Trump wins he will lose the Senate. He will be a president with no balls at that point.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:56 pm

Aren't the FBI being investigated for FISA Court stuff? 17 lies being talked about...coincidentally, same number as the witnesses Schiff brought for first impeachment...

It sure would drive the conspiracy nuts into a frenzy if 17 were a 'signal number' for them. ;)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:18 am

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:57 am
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:47 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 am
while one might acknowledge that the 'other side' of a fact is simply called 'a mistake', I suppose I should confess and say that I do only ever press one side of what is a VERY complex scientific issue when it comes to describing a plane change for a massed body under the laws of orbital mechanics, or calculating the electromagnetic resistance of a novel conductor, or predicting the rate of electron transfer during a particular redox reaction. I guess that make me rather closed-minded.

Lovely big words. Dr. Moore is, so far, much more convincing than you.

I do hope you aren't offended.
Drat! The bloke who said it was safe to drink a quart of Glyphosate outwits those pesky scientists again. Damn you Cunt and your water-tight reasoning - and them scientists woulda gotten away with it too 'cept for Dr Moore :lay:
The only reasoning I applied here, was to observe how 'NPC's interact with dissenting opinions.

It looks like you dug (fast!) for something you could use to discredit him, and ignore what he said.

He was good enough for Greenpeace (until he stopped singing along in unison, I guess)
Dr Moore's credibility as an impartial commentator in scientific matters was undermined by his insistence that you could drink a quart of Glyphosate and suffer no I'll effects. His credibility is further undermined by the money he takes from corporations to promote their talking points.

As I pointed out earlier, there are not two opposing sides in established sciences when it comes to things like orbital mechanics, electrical resistance, or electron transfer in chemical reactions, there is just data and better data. This goes for all science generally. You all but admitted that you didn't have a clue what I was talking about but still gave in to the impulse to imply that I'm closed-minded for not accepting alternatives in the same way that those who champion so-called 'alternative medicine' object to justifiable criticism and are unable to acknowledge that if their treatments and remedies actually worked we'd all drop the 'alternative' and simply call them 'medicine'.

Again, I'll repeat the aphorism that the 'other side' of a fact is just called 'a mistake'. There are not 'facts' and 'alternative fact' that one is somehow morally obliged to choose between unless, that is, you want to create an environment in which facts don't apply. It is in that alternative space where Dr Moore operates these days, but one would only notice that if one had a sound grasp of how science operates and how scientific achievement progresses towards greater understanding and knowledge. In the absence of that insight your position and remarks are indistinguishable from that of science denialism.

So, I didn't try to discredit Moore because I didn't have an answer to your point - Dr Moore discredited himself, and my view about the relevance and context of your point is clearly implied by my earlier comments.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT