Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Only in America

Post by Hermit » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:29 am

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:05 am

So, can she cry miracle because dog saved her or did she cause a major accident, and likely lose life or limb?

EDIT, stumbled on the link, I hope she gets institutionalized as unable to live in normal society.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:14 pm

It is to laugh, perhaps with extreme sardonicism.

'Detroit man who won a racial discrimination settlement, now suing bank for not cashing the check'
Sauntore Thomas of Detroit recently won a settlement from his former employer, after he slapped them with a racial discrimination lawsuit. This week, when he went to the bank to cash the check, the bank refused to cash it and instead called the police on him.

Now Thomas says he’s also suing TCF Bank for race discrimination after the Livonia branch refused to cash his check, instead the bankers called the police and started a fraud investigation, according to the Detroit Free Press. Thomas said he has been an account holder at the branch for almost two years.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:00 am

Utah Judge Rules Against Woman Who Was Topless in Her Own Garage
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/us/t ... -utah.html
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:02 pm

The law is an ass (or, in this case, a complete tit...)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:21 pm

There are scary topless women :biggrin:
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:41 pm

What a serious infringement on liberty. We shall have to keep abreast of this case. :ab:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:47 pm

POINH
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:56 am

Portion of US border wall in California falls over in high winds and lands on Mexican side
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/29/poli ... EWfbDYtBUM
BArF−4

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:54 pm

Shoulda hired Mexicans to build it. They do good work.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:19 am

laklak wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Shoulda hired Mexicans to build it. They do good work.
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:10 pm

73FEB724-D022-444F-A712-243D2CE59D78.jpeg
A face mask for dust just as effective for viruses.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:46 pm

Well, at least the police didn't shoot him. Shows you how liberal Portland, Oregon is.

'"Old-boy-style racism" by small-town cops leads to $600,000 payout to Portland man'
Former West Linn Police Chief Terry Timeus had his officers work as his “personal posse” to initiate an unwarranted, racially motivated surveillance and arrest of a black Portland man as a favor to the chief’s fishing buddy.

The case had no ties to West Linn.

The city recently negotiated to pay $600,000 to the target of the rogue investigation, Michael Fesser, 48.

West Linn police also have agreed to a face-to-face meeting with Fesser.

The settlement is one of the largest in the state resulting from a wrongful arrest claim, Fesser’s lawyer Paul Buchanan said. It ends a federal lawsuit that Fesser filed in the summer of 2018.

“This case vividly illustrates a ready willingness on the part of the West Linn police to abuse the enormous power they have been given, and a casual, jocular, old-boy-style racism of the kind that we Oregonians tend to want to associate with the Deep South rather than our own institutions,” Buchanan said.

The West Linn investigation began in February 2017 after Fesser brought concerns of racial harassment by co-workers to his boss at the time, Eric Benson, owner of A&B Towing in Southeast Portland, court records show.

Fesser said other employees called him racist slurs and one asked him how he liked a Confederate flag that was fastened to a pickup parked in the tow company’s lot.

He had worked for the company since 2004, mostly managing its car auctions, selling impounded, abandoned and other cars. It was his job to record the amount of the sales, receive deposits and payments from bidders and handle the cash transactions.

After Fesser complained about a hostile workplace, Benson went to Timeus, his friend in West Linn who he had joined on four or five fishing trips.

Benson convinced the police chief to investigate unsupported allegations that Fesser was skimming proceeds from the car auctions, according to court records. Benson said he believed his company should have been earning more from the auctions and that Portland police wouldn’t respond to his concerns.

Timeus sent a text message to Benson on Feb. 21, 2017, saying his detective was finishing up a sex crimes case “and will have your case ready to go before Saturday … If I hear more, I’ll let you know.”

On Feb. 25, 2017, the West Linn police conducted surveillance of Fesser at his job. Police that day relied on an associate of Benson’s to record Fesser at work using an audio app called “Swann View.” Benson also watched a live feed from company video surveillance cameras, according to evidence obtained during the litigation.

Benson provided real-time updates to West Linn Detective Tony Reeves, text messages show.

As the surveillance went on, Benson and Reeves exchanged sexually explicit and homophobic banter, referencing themselves and the police chief, and made racist comments about Fesser, their text messages revealed.

At one point, Benson told Reeves that he regretted Fesser’s arrest wasn’t going to happen in Clackamas County because he had hoped to “make sure he was with some real racist boys.”

Benson added: “Dreams can never come true I guess” and followed up, writing, “Oh did I say that? I’m a bad person. I have some anger issues going on with him right now.”

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 pm

JimC wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 am
Cunt, considerable discussion has occurred between moderators about your posting history since you have returned, involving many threads including this one. The kind of malicious trolling you have posted in the knowledge that such posts are likely to cause widespread general offense, will not be tolerated here. Your posting history since your recent return from suspension contains numerous examples of the kind of trolling you have previously been reminded to avoid and warned about. In light of this your posting privileges have been suspended for 6 months. Be aware that if you choose to return to this forum, a similar style of posting will result in a rapid, long suspension.
Just saw this. Still don't know what you mean, except that holding my opinions seems undesireable.

With this in mind, I'll try to avoid talking about climate change issues (since there seems only one accepted viewpoint in this forum) and any other subjects you deem too sensitive.

But I still don't know just what you mean. Malicious suggests I am acting with malice. Since I don't feel malice, you would have to tell me where I wrote maliciously.
Trolling? I think I stick to my opinions fairly consistently, and consider others opinions and evidence (even though I - like anyone - reject some of it)

Also, I didn't get this message until after I came back, so my memory of who was behaving as if they were offended, and why, is spotty at best.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:09 pm

The aggregate of your recent posts, with constant truly fake information, ignoring requests to clarify, and deliberately trolling between threads, is becoming increasingly disruptive and if it continues will more than likely lead to another posting holiday.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!