The Thread of Democrats

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Yeah she is just another Williamson, one with military experience, so that is why she is still in there. And she probably does OK work for her state. Stick to your current job.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:05 pm

Yeah, Gabbard's a fringe candidate, and her non-interventionist positions have drawn Russian support. However, Clinton's remarks were a needless distraction, like the basket of deplorables thing.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:04 pm

I don't think that anyone has ever accused Clinton of being a skilled politician. She rarely seems able to strike just the right tone, regularly fails to say the right thing at the right time, doesn't seem really comfortable in the role, and generally makes it easy for people to dislike her if they're so inclined. When it comes to playing the game, she's outclassed by experienced mountebanks like Trump and Slick Willy. Perhaps she understands this on some level, and while sticking her oar in with that comment, isn't considering another run, thank Bloch.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:38 pm

I thought Basket of Deploarbles was just exactly what Trumpsters were. But of course she should not have said it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:11 pm

FE050ED9-7DA3-4030-A4D8-9B0F0AEB3E98.jpeg
Possible Dem gains in 2020 in the Senate.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm

The senate is soooooooo undemocratic itt should be scraped.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:13 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm
Not so sure, while it sure can be represented as undemocratic that underpopulated states like the Dakotas would have as much say as big ones, it's part of a well thought system of checks and balances and ensures that small territories have/had an incentive to join the Union.

it's where those states get overrepresented in what has essentially become a universal suffrage poll like the presidential election, like the presidential one, that I rue the damn system.

the people are equally represented in the House, the states are equally represented in the Senate... but there's no equality anywhere in the electoral college.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:24 am

What the Democrats need now is for another 30 hopefuls to throw their hat into the ring. Hell, why not every Democrat in office - give the people a real choice. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:31 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:The senate is soooooooo undemocratic itt should be scraped.
Like the EU.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:28 am

Svartalf wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:13 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:05 pm
Not so sure, while it sure can be represented as undemocratic that underpopulated states like the Dakotas would have as much say as big ones, it's part of a well thought system of checks and balances and ensures that small territories have/had an incentive to join the Union.

it's where those states get overrepresented in what has essentially become a universal suffrage poll like the presidential election, like the presidential one, that I rue the damn system.

the people are equally represented in the House, the states are equally represented in the Senate... but there's no equality anywhere in the electoral college.
It is totally undemocratic by any measure. You might as well have an appointed upper house. Like the ...... UK.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 pm

Apparently a new online production on the Committee Study of the Central Intelligence Agency's Detention and Interrogation Program, more commonly known as the 'Torture Report' is not kind to Obama. He had better things to do (like getting reelected) than pursuing the issue of Bush era crimes, and, it seems, didn't want to alienate Republicans.

'Amazon’s "The Report" Condemns Not Only Bush but Obama for Turning a Blind Eye to Torture'
The Report, Scott Z. Burns’ film about the CIA “Torture Report,” makes slow-going research and paper pushing compelling, and it does it while maintaining an astonishingly high level of adherence to the literal truth of what happened to the men imprisoned by the American government at “black sites” like Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo, using dialogue usually taken verbatim from the record. Starring Adam Driver as (real person) Daniel Jones, who worked for California Senator Dianne Feinstein to compile an investigation into the CIA’s so-called “enhanced interrogation techniques” post-9/11, The Report offers a vital condemnation not only of the Bush administration’s trigger-happy cronies, but of the Obama administration’s ultimately cynical post-partisan fantasies.

Here’s a bit of living history: Both administrations supported and enabled the CIA in equipping and promoting war criminals, including CIA intelligence officers like Jose Rodriguez and Gina Haspel. The latter is now the director of the agency and was nominated by the Trump administration and confirmed by the majority Republican senate. The film notes that, to date, not one of the CIA’s torturers—their names still have not been released—has been held accountable.

In the film, actor Pun Bandhu plays John Yoo, the UC Berkeley law professor who, as the Deputy Assistant U.S. Attorney General under George Bush, authored the legal memos that provided that defense and became known as the “Torture Memos.” Fictional Yoo provides the exact justification the real Yoo came up with in the memos: As long as there is no organ failure or death, anything goes, from “gouging eyes” to “pouring acid” on a prisoner’s body.

The liberalism of Obama’s government and Feinstein’s office did not rock the boat by design. If you watch closely, you’ll see that The Report is not a triumphant film, which is exactly why it has fallen under the radar. The movie not only testifies to the importance of exposing ugly truths, but suggests that self-sacrifice and rebellion may be required for justice to ever be served. Obama, who recently cautioned millennials against leftist revolution, is still preaching his credo of rule-following moderation. If he had gotten his way before, most media outlets would still be reporting that our government had delivered us to safety by way of torture. We would do well to learn from the former president’s example by rejecting it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Democrats pass yet another drug price medicare bill
http://netnebraska.org/article/news/120 ... opposition
and Mitch will never bring it to vote

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:44 am

Bernie's just so unlikeable... He seems mean... He's so rude... He talks too loud... He's so gruff...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:31 pm

DEMOCRATIC SENATORS ARE TWEETING PHOTOS OF THE GIANT PILE OF 'DEAD' HOUSE-PASSED BILLS ON MITCH MCCONNELL'S DESK
https://www.newsweek.com/democratic-sen ... sk-1478047