"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:29 pm

ACAB, or so I've heard. :lol:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:26 pm

'Cool it, guys, the FBI came and talked to me'.

'Portland’s Feared Far-Right Rally Hit by Multiple Setbacks'
The outlook of a Saturday far-right rally in Portland, Oregon is uncertain after some of its key organizers dropped out or faced arrest.

The rally, organized by the far-right ultranationalist group the Proud Boys, is billed as a “protest” against anti-fascists, commonly known as “antifa.” The Proud Boys and other proto-fascist groups have previously brawled with anti-fascists in Portland, notably during a series of bloody rallies last summer. With members of the far right announcing their intention to travel from out of state to commit violence, Saturday’s rally has loomed as a potential powder keg. But after a series of arrests and warnings, some of the best-known agitators might not be attending.

The rally’s biggest promoter, Proud Boy and former Infowars reporter Joe Biggs, advertised the event with explicit calls to violence. In the run-up to the event, Biggs has posed in shirts with slogans like “death to antifa” and “training to throw communists out of helicopters.” (The latter, a reference to Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet’s execution of political opponents, is a popular reference on the paramilitary right.)

n repeated social media posts promoting the rally, Biggs called for blood. “Get a gun. Bu[y] ammo. Get your gun license. Get training. Practice as much as you can and be ready because the left isn’t playing anymore and neither should we,” he wrote in one of many similarly violent posts, among which was a picture of a person being suffocated with a plastic bag with the caption “death to antifa.” He repeated the sentiments in a video while holding a pro-Trump baseball bat.

But in a Facebook post last week, Biggs announced that the FBI had visited him in his Florida home after a pair of mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton. “I wanna say again to all attending rally in Portland,” Biggs wrote, apparently in reaction to the visit. “Tone down rhetoric.”

Biggs has not withdrawn from the rally, but began vanishing from social media platforms this week, extremism researcher JJ McNabb noted.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:30 pm

A protest against antifa eh? Their trolling-fu is weak me thinks.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:59 am

The arse who flew from Miami to Portland to try to provoke antifa and was encouraging others to bring guns and prepare for violent actions is pleased with the result--Trump tweeting.

'Proud Boys Declare Portland Rally a Success: "Go Look at President Trump’s Twitter"'
Hundreds of far-right protesters swarmed downtown Portland on Saturday, many seemingly ready to do battle with the anti-fascist demonstrators who’d gathered to confront them. But the “potentially dangerous and volatile” situation the city’s mayor had warned of seems to have fizzled out when the Proud Boys and other far-right groups reportedly asked police to help them leave the area.

Their quick exit from the stand-off against anti-fascist groups came just a few hours after President Trump signaled he was watching—which was apparently all many on the far-right wanted anyway.

“Go look at President Trump’s Twitter,” Proud Boys protest organizer Joe Biggs told The Oregonian when asked what message the group wanted to convey. “He talked about Portland, said he’s watching antifa. That’s all we wanted. We wanted national attention, and we got it. Mission success.”
It's an old play-book, and it works.
In the court of public opinion, accusations of mayhem and chaos in the streets will, as a rule, tend to stick against the left, not the right.

This was true in Germany in the 1920s. It was true even when opponents of fascism acted in self-defense or tried to use relatively mild tactics, such as heckling. It is true in the United States today, where even peaceful rallies against racist violence are branded riots in the making.

Today, right extremists are going around the country staging rallies just like the one in 1927 in Wedding. According to the civil rights advocacy organization the Southern Poverty Law Center, they pick places where they know antifascists are present, like university campuses [or Portland, Oregon]. They come spoiling for physical confrontation. Then they and their allies spin it to their advantage.

[source]

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:06 am

"Proud Boys" I think I may have accidentally called them tough guys before. :hehe:

Is Trump the worst president we've ever had or what?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:25 am

The fascistas were hoping for TV footage of pink-haired, masked anarchists putting in shop windows and setting police cars on fire. When that didn't happen they had no reason to be at their self-styled protests against domestic terrorism.

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Shot of a pair representing clowntifa and a brief video of the Banana Bloc from the Portland thing--(Twitter link).

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:54 pm

OMG!! Look at all the terror they're causing!! (Twitter)

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:46 pm

My sister lives in Portland. I'll have to find out if she's been marching as a banana. :lol:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:57 pm

'I was just 19 when I cycled up to a German officer and put two bullets in his head'

One sunny summer Sunday in 1944 Madeleine Riffaud hopped off her bicycle and followed a German officer who was taking a stroll on one of the most picturesque bridges over the River Seine in Paris.

He was taking in the view of Louvre and the Tuileries gardens when Riffaud, then just 19 and a trainee midwife, shooed a little boy away and took out her pistol.

"It happened all very quickly," she told AFP. "I didn't want to shoot him in the back... I wanted him to see me, so he would have time to get his weapon out.

"He turned and I put two bullets in his head. He dropped like a stone. He didn't suffer. 

"It wasn't done with hate, if anything I was pained about having to do it," she said, her eyes closed as she remembered the moment.

Riffaud, now 94, was one of the most remarkable Resistance leaders who helped liberate the French capital in August, 1944.

But she very nearly did not live long enough to see it. Having ridden away on her bicycle, members of the collaborationist French militia chased her and mowed her down with their car.

Knowing she would probably be sexually abused and tortured before they killed her, she reached out for her gun that had been knocked onto the pavement.   

But they got there first.
https://www.thelocal.fr/20190814/i-was- ... Vg_Vl616sw
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:18 pm

As I predicted right wing governments cant last as Italy as proven. Our little right wing party Forum for Democracy has also imploded. Just par for the course.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:40 pm

More interesting was his "blunt" message to "the neo-Nazis and to the white supremacists and to the neo-Confederates," which began: "Your heroes are losers. You are supporting a lost cause. Believe me, I knew the original Nazis." He explained that he was born in Austria in 1947, right after World War II, and growing up he "was surrounded by broken men, men who came home from the war filled with shrapnel and guilt, men who were misled into a losing ideology. And I can tell you that these ghosts that you idolize spent the rest of their lives living in shame. And right now, they're resting in hell." He said it isn't too late to change course, and he wasn't buying Trump's "fine people" excuse for the Charlottesville marchers.

"If you say 'Arnold, hey, I was just at the march, don't call me a Nazi, I have nothing to do with Nazis at all,'" Schwarzenegger said, "let me help you: Don't hang around people who carry Nazi flags, give Nazi salutes, or shout Nazi slogans. Go home. Or better yet, tell them they are wrong to celebrate an ideology that murdered millions of people. And then go home." Schwarzenegger also had some advice for people who are not Nazis or Nazi sympathizers and think it's best to stay quiet or keep their heads down, and he only used one of his famous movie catchphrases.
https://theweek.com/speedreads/719202/a ... ight-trump
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:22 pm

"Your flags, give them to me, now."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:24 pm

That may make a few people think again - he's not exactly a leftish snowflake... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:38 pm

Pah, leftie-pinko commie Hollywood elite. Rather than bellyaching about the nation that made him rich he should go back to his crime-infested, broken shithole of a country and try to fix that first. :tea:

Frank Zappa