Yet more problematic stuff

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:01 pm

There's some kind of demon on the loose throwing kids from high places. Be sure to hold your breath around children.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Freedum of speaks is so illegal in the UK as a another man is prosecuted just for Facebooking and Twittering...
A pro-Brexit former Royal Marine has been jailed for 24 weeks for threatening the remainer MP Heidi Allen online, including posting aerial images of her home on social media.

Judge Michael Snow said Ian Couch’s social media posts and email to the former Conservative MP, now an independent, would have been “terrifying” and were “clearly threatening”.

Couch, 59, sent two tweets and a Facebook post on 10 January which included aerial photographs of the South Cambridgeshire MP’s home, Westminster magistrates court heard.

In the posts, Couch, who served in the Falklands, said he was “close to giving out her address to the people that want it”, prosecutors said.

He also sent her an email the next day in which he told the MP a lot of people were asking for photos of her home but he had refused because he admired her constituency work.

Snow said the tweets, Facebook post and email made it clear the former Royal Marine regarded Allen’s views as “treacherous”.

He added: “It’s quite clear to me that the cumulative effect of these on Ms Allen would have been terrifying. Those, in short, made it clear that you regarded her particular views as being treacherous. You indicated you were close to giving her address to people that wanted it. That’s clearly threatening.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ver-brexit
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:41 pm

In today's "racism is very unpopular in America" news:

Police use of fatal force is identified as a leading cause of death in young men

Police violence is a leading cause of death of young men in the United States with black men 2.5 times more likely to be killed by law enforcement over their lifetime than white men, according to a Rutgers study.

The study, published in PNAS, examined fatality risks during police encounters - some 11,456 between 2013-2017 - and found that African-American men and women, American Indian/Alaska Native men and women and Latino men face a higher lifetime risk of being killed by police than do their white peers.

"The inequality is not surprising," said lead author Frank Edwards, assistant professor in the School of Criminal Justice at Rutgers University-Newark, noting the police killings of black men like Michael Brown and Eric Garner and boys like Tamir Rice and the protests that followed bringing national attention to the racialized character of police violence against civilians.

"All you have to do is turn on the news to see that people of color are at a much greater risk of police-related harm. What we lack in this country are the solid estimates of police related deaths because there is no official database where this information is stored."

The Rutgers study used data compiled by the National Vital Statistic System's mortality files and Fatal Encounters (FE), a journalist-led database that documents deaths involving police where cases are identified through public records and news coverage. Edwards said the unofficial media-based methods provide more comprehensive information on police violence than the limited official data collected.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 073119.php
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Edwards said the unofficial media-based methods provide more comprehensive information on police violence than the limited official data collected.
If true that's gotta be intentional eh?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Tucker Carlson: Advertisers abandon Fox News host after he says 'white supremacy is a hoax'
Thousands of consumers urge advertisers to distance themselves from presenter

Advertisers are deserting Fox News’ primetime host Tucker Carlson, who called white supremacy “a hoax” in the wake of a mass shooting thought to be racially motivated.

"The whole thing is a lie,” Mr Carlson said live on Tucker Carlson Tonight on Tuesday. “It’s actually not a real problem in America … This is a hoax, just like the Russia hoax. It’s a conspiracy theory used to divide the country.”

Mr Carlson’s comments came three days after a gunman suspected of writing a white supremacist manifesto referencing a “Hispanic invasion” opened fire in a Texas supermarket, killing 22 people, including eight Mexican citizens.

Hours later, the hashtag #FireTuckerCarlson began trending on Twitter, with thousands of people calling for consumers to boycott the show’s advertisers.

A Nestlé spokesperson confirmed to The Independent on Friday that the company, which placed adverts on the programme within the last three months, has no plans to do so again in the future.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:51 pm

White supremacy is a hoax!
A black man was about to buy a cop’s house. Then, he found a KKK application in a bedroom.

The Confederate flag place mat on the dining room table was Rob Mathis’s first hint that something was off inside the home he was thinking of buying.

“I thought to myself, ‘Wouldn’t it be funny if this was a Klansman’s house?’” said Mathis, who is black.

Previously, Mathis and his wife, Reyna, had been ready to make an offer on the five-bedroom home they viewed on Wednesday in Holton, Mich., a small township of less than 3,000 people in Muskegon County. They thought the house on the 22-acre wooded lot about an hour outside of Grand Rapids, Mich., would give them enough space to entertain their children and grandchildren. Then, Mathis walked into the NASCAR-decorated garage to see not one but two Confederate flags in what his wife would tell him was the home of a police officer, MLive reported.

When the family and their real estate agent went upstairs to check out one of the bedrooms, Mathis and his son noticed a lone wooden plaque holding an aged, yellowed document. Once the father and son got closer, they were disgusted to realize what they were looking at: an application to the Ku Klux Klan.

“I said, ‘Oh my God, let’s go and get out of here right now,’ ” said Mathis, an Army veteran, in an interview with WZZM.

Walking through a home of a police officer with KKK memorabilia rattled Mathis, who struggled to grapple with what he’d seen in the “Klan house.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... uspension/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:21 am

:read:

A Vegas Man Was Arrested For Plotting A White Supremacist Attack On An LGBTQ Bar And Synagogue
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sa ... tack-lgbtq

'Sesame Place Sallie': White woman tells Black woman at Sesame Place to 'go back where you came from'
https://www.phillytrib.com/news/local_n ... f45cb.html

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:40 am

It's all antifa's fault. And social justice warriors--don't forget them!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:16 am

They're taking over society. My freedom to call blokes sheilas is under threat!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:21 am

They are making it compulsory to be gender confused! :lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Another... lone wolf. Boy, there sure are a lot of these. It's almost as if there's a pattern or something... :think:

Florida white supremacist arrested for threatening shooting at Walmart, police say
https://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-white ... d=64906798

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:34 am

White supremacist? Don't they mean "video gamer"..?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:52 am

White Arkansas woman charged with pulling gun on black teens fundraising for school
I think they ought to tell us what she had on TV at the time. I bet it was Fox.

edit:
"I observed Mrs. Kelly holding a chrome plated revolver that was pointed at four black males that were lying face down in the driveway with the hands behind their backs," according to a report written by Wynne police officer Michael Hinton.

"I notice that two of the individuals were wearing high school jerseys. I then immediately recognized all four individuals as high school juveniles from my interactions with them as a school resource officer."

When the officer explained that the four students, ages 15 and 16, were doing an annual fundraiser for their Wynne Yellowjackets football team, Kelly made gestures to her skin color and that of the boys, police said.
She offered to buy the boys lunch to make it right!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:57 am

Racism isn't a problem in the US.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:46 pm

I guess she just doesn't like solicitors then. :tut:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake