Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Only in America

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:28 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 am
Cunt, considerable discussion has occurred between moderators about your posting history since you have returned, involving many threads including this one. The kind of malicious trolling you have posted in the knowledge that such posts are likely to cause widespread general offense, will not be tolerated here. Your posting history since your recent return from suspension contains numerous examples of the kind of trolling you have previously been reminded to avoid and warned about. In light of this your posting privileges have been suspended for 6 months. Be aware that if you choose to return to this forum, a similar style of posting will result in a rapid, long suspension.
I didn't think he'd been that bad since returning. :dunno: Any specific examples?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:08 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:28 am
JimC wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:54 am
Cunt, considerable discussion has occurred between moderators about your posting history since you have returned, involving many threads including this one. The kind of malicious trolling you have posted in the knowledge that such posts are likely to cause widespread general offense, will not be tolerated here. Your posting history since your recent return from suspension contains numerous examples of the kind of trolling you have previously been reminded to avoid and warned about. In light of this your posting privileges have been suspended for 6 months. Be aware that if you choose to return to this forum, a similar style of posting will result in a rapid, long suspension.
I didn't think he'd been that bad since returning. :dunno: Any specific examples?
Anyone who keeps repeating the same canard without even attempting to back it up with facts after it has been pointed out why it is wrong, is plainly trolling. I just did a quick count of the posts in which our member from Yellowknife kept stating that the Democrats are in favour of open borders. (The underlined words are the search terms I used.) There are 40 of them between the end of September last year and now, 13 of which he posted after he returned from his previous suspension. If that is not sustained, intentional, malicious trolling, I don't know what is.

Rationalia's post rate will undoubtedly drop significantly. Trolls, even members who are merely perceived as trolls, always attract heaps of attention. But I look forward to not see this particular troll for the next six months.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:20 am

Posting that the Dems want open borders (even if it is repeated) isn't trolling. It isn't anywhere near it. That's lame. He deals in empty rhetoric primarily, which while being fucking annoying, isn't trolling. It's just a really bad form of argumentation. I think it's important not to confuse stupid arguments and opposing political views with trolling. I think this place has lost the ethos it began with, regarding what is and isn't allowed. It's gone too far in the opposite direction from its beginnings as a kind of "anything goes" place. Remember when Mr Jonno used to repeatedly unsuccessfully try and get himself a warning? That sort of leniency was part of the ethos here. Sadly that's gone. Might be time for some new blood in the mod department.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:34 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:20 am
Posting that the Dems want open borders (even if it is repeated) isn't trolling. It isn't anywhere near it. That's lame. He deals in empty rhetoric primarily, which while being fucking annoying, isn't trolling. It's just a really bad form of argumentation. I think it's important not to confuse stupid arguments and opposing political views with trolling.
Yes, our member from Yellowknife excels at empty rhetoric and it is a bad form of argumentation. Also, I agree that stupid arguments and opposing political views do not constitute trolling. Where I disagree with you is that repeating the same canard unaltered several dozen times - and without making attempts to justify it with actual evidence - after it has been shot down is not a form of trolling.

It's not as though I see trolls everywhere. In fact, you are among a number of others who have accused more forum members of being trolls than I. In fact, you accused Daggles of being a troll yourself not three weeks ago. Not so long ago I mentioned that Daggles is one of only two posters in this forum whom I regard as trolls. The other one went under the alias of Chuck Jones, and he was not even malicious.
Last edited by Hermit on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:39 pm

The main point of trolling is to get a rise out of your opponent and to paint them negatively because of it. He's definitely done that, but not very much IMO since his return from the last suspension.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:43 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:39 pm
The main point of trolling is to get a rise out of your opponent and to paint them negatively because of it. He's definitely done that, but not very much IMO since his return from the last suspension.
Man, if you had not accused Daggles of trolling everyone yourself less than three weeks ago, your argument might hold a little water.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:24 pm

I didn't say he hasn't trolled. I'm saying he doesn't seem to have done that much to warrant a suspension.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:42 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:24 pm
I didn't say he hasn't trolled.
:roll:
pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:20 am
Posting that the Dems want open borders (even if it is repeated) isn't trolling.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:16 pm

I too was of the opinion that he had pulled back a little since his last ban, I had absolutely no doubt it was a tactical withdrawal and he’d soon be in full swing again. I found it hard to see substantive reasons for this ban though other than strongly arguing his bizarre position on guns..

Not that I’m sad about it. Far fucking from it.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:32 pm

I really don't know what his position is on anything.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:33 pm

I thought he'd ben playing a bit nicer recently.
but it do2.jpg
but it do2.jpg (29.4 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
This also applies to any and all gun arguments.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:19 pm

Rum wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:16 pm
I too was of the opinion that he had pulled back a little since his last ban, I had absolutely no doubt it was a tactical withdrawal and he’d soon be in full swing again. I found it hard to see substantive reasons for this ban though other than strongly arguing his bizarre position on guns..

Not that I’m sad about it. Far fucking from it.
He had never changed. What happened was he missed 42. Troll central told him to step up which he did.
I will miss as much as one of my cluster headaches.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:12 pm

“The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.”
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:14 pm

He he he he
He said "moving finger"
He he he he
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:59 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka