Global Climate Change Science News

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Cunt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:51 am

Reading more about this climate change, and those skeptical of it.

https://principia-scientific.org/breaki ... rt-battle/
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:31 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:33 am
So like most of the world, I won't do it.

I've listened to scientists who disagree. Did you know that they think some things about energy are politicized?

Your grasp on science is a bit tenuous anyway, as indicated by your confusion about sexual dimorphism in humans.

The Climate Delusion is influencing a gullible public, and I'm not that interested.

If you want me to change something about my life, you'll have to try mocking me for my ignorance, or maybe shaming me for not agreeing with your liturgies. That should work.

Oh, and I posted a job upthread a bit...if you REALLY want to address this issue, there is a way. If, however, you would rather just idle on the internet and insult those who don't toe your favourite line, you go ahead!
Utter and complete garbage. You simply have no idea at all about these issues. Proposed actions are by definition politicised, the facts about climate change itself are not. I've already made it clear that there is a lot of room for debate on exactly how humanity should proceed, but any plan must be grounded in the clear and unequivocal scientific consensus.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:32 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:48 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 am
Dude, you refuse to accept the science. Pointing out how irrational that is, isn't an attack on your "character".
The Science?

Which science?
The science of atmospheric physics. The science that backs the IPCC reports.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:54 am

JimC wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:31 am
Utter and complete garbage. You simply have no idea at all about these issues.
Looks like I should ignore anything you say, since you seem to think scientists are in agreement about...something.

Did you make it to Italy for the climate conference? Or are you just another old man posting his thoughts about the big issues on a message board?
Proposed actions are by definition politicised, the facts about climate change itself are not. I've already made it clear that there is a lot of room for debate on exactly how humanity should proceed, but any plan must be grounded in the clear and unequivocal scientific consensus.
The facts about climate change are not agreed-upon, as is shown by Dr. Bell winning his recent case. But you wouldn't like to hear it, because you know that all 'real' scientists agree (even though they don't agree on much of anything)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:55 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:32 am

Did you investigate Dr. Bell's work? Or dismiss it because it doesn't agree with your firmly held beliefs?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:58 am

Do you accept the science of atmospheric physics that backs the IPCC reports? I'm not answering any of your questions until you stop trying to wiggle out of your denialism.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:05 am

I don't understand the science, the reports, or the acronym.

Do you accept Dr. Bell's criticisms of the IPCC?

And what is it you want of me? Some tangible, real change which will help save the planet? Or for me to chant 'I believe the IPCC'?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:20 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:54 am
JimC wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:31 am
Utter and complete garbage. You simply have no idea at all about these issues.
Looks like I should ignore anything you say, since you seem to think scientists are in agreement about...something.

Did you make it to Italy for the climate conference? Or are you just another old man posting his thoughts about the big issues on a message board?
Proposed actions are by definition politicised, the facts about climate change itself are not. I've already made it clear that there is a lot of room for debate on exactly how humanity should proceed, but any plan must be grounded in the clear and unequivocal scientific consensus.
The facts about climate change are not agreed-upon, as is shown by Dr. Bell winning his recent case. But you wouldn't like to hear it, because you know that all 'real' scientists agree (even though they don't agree on much of anything)
Cunt wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:55 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:32 am

Did you investigate Dr. Bell's work? Or dismiss it because it doesn't agree with your firmly held beliefs?
Cunt wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:05 am

And what is it you want of me? Some tangible, real change which will help save the planet? Or for me to chant 'I believe the IPCC'?
:lol:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:44 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:05 am

I want to know what your malfunction is. The science behind global warming is more than settled, and the need for serious action is not doubted by the science. Doing nothing, which seems to be your stance, is not going to cut it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:45 am

Cunt wrote:

...I don't understand the science...
Well, yes... :roll:
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:48 am

What's worse is that he shows no desire to even begin to learn it. He's wilfully ignorant. I maintain that, like a few Canadians I've come across, he doesn't think climate change is a bad thing because Canada is so damn cold.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:21 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:48 am
What's worse is that he shows no desire to even begin to learn it. He's wilfully ignorant. I maintain that, like a few Canadians I've come across, he doesn't think climate change is a bad thing because Canada is so damn cold.
And because he seems to have swallowed a very Trumpish line that science is some sort of plot by wealthy elites to bamboozle ordinary folk...
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:28 am

What's bizarre is that science has brought him essentially everything material in his life. And vocational. So on the one hand he is a believer in science, yet on one issue that is backed by powerful corporate forces he all of a sudden doesn't believe in the efficacy of science. He's become a puppet of the rich who want the status quo (them earning fuckloads while trashing the planet) to continue.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:08 am

Back on topic, some more global climate change science news -

HOME
POLITICS
POLITICS NEWS
JULY 31, 2019 3:14PM ET
Greenland Is Melting Away Before Our Eyes
“I have my fingers crossed for it not being washed away”

By ERIC HOLTHAUS

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
Email
Show more sharing options
Free-floating ice floats jammed into the Ilulissat Icefjord during unseasonably warm weather on July 30, 2019 near Ilulissat, Greenland.
Free-floating ice floats jammed into the Ilulissat Icefjord during unseasonably warm weather on July 30, 2019 near Ilulissat, Greenland.

Sean Gallup/Getty Images

Amid an ongoing heat wave, new data show the Greenland ice sheet is in the middle of its biggest melt season in recorded history. It’s the latest worrying signal climate change is accelerating far beyond the worst fears of even climate scientists.

The record-setting heat wave that sweltered northern Europe last week has moved north over the critically vulnerable Greenland ice sheet, triggering temperatures this week that are as much as 25 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than normal.
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... vGefs8Z4A0

Much of this predicted 30+ years ago by science.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:22 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:31 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:47 am
Cunt wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:09 pm
Remember a few decades ago when we were going to run out of food?
No.
After that, we were going to run out of trees.
Don't remember that either.

The story started out WAY back in the day, being called 'Chicken Little'.

Here are a couple recent chapters...

That Time magazine cover is a fake. It's been pointed out to you not so long ago, but I suppose you're just into full-on trolling mode.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould