Yet more problematic stuff

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:15 pm

I'll just try keep in mind that when you talk about Democrats being in favour of open borders, you're on their side.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:15 pm

Meanwhile, it's a crying shame that this young man's family was not successful in punishing the media bias of The Washington Post through the courts. Perhaps some sort of revision of the 1st Amendment is in order.

'$250 million Sandmann lawsuit against Washington Post dismissed by federal judge'
The $250 million lawsuit filed by Nick Sandmann against The Washington Post has been dismissed by a federal judge.

U.S. District Judge William Bertelsman, who heard oral arguments earlier this month, issued the ruling on Friday in the case that garnered national attention. Nick became embroiled in a divisive response to an encounter between him, his Covington Catholic High classmates and Native Americans on the National Mall.

The Washington Post, in a statement, said it was pleased by the dismissal.

"From our first story on this incident to our last, we sought to report fairly and accurately the facts that could be established from available evidence, the perspectives of all of the participants, and the comments of the responsible church and school officials," The Post said through a spokesperson.

The Sandmann family plans to appeal Bertelsman's ruling, according to a statement sent to The Enquirer by Nick's attorneys, Todd McMurtry and L. Lin Wood.

The January encounter led to threats lobbed at Nick, who would later appear on national television to say he felt he'd done nothing wrong.

“I believe fighting for justice for my son and family is of vital national importance," said Nick's father, Ted Sandmann, in a statement. "If what was done to Nicholas is not legally actionable, then no one is safe.”

But David Marburger, a Cleveland-based attorney who spent decades representing various media outlets, agreed with the ruling, saying he questioned the validity of Nick's claim from the outset.

"As a libel lawyer, I thought his claims were quite weak," Marburger said, "so it’s renewed confidence in the judiciary that the judge would dismiss this case ... by applying the settled law to the allegedly libelous publication. And rule in favor of the press."

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:15 pm
I'll just try keep in mind that when you talk about Democrats being in favour of open borders, you're on their side.
I think the Democrats are a bunch of elite horseshit. I've always been left, but there isn't many of them I think highly of anymore.

Their shoddy treatment of their opponents speaks most clearly to me.

Like the media shitshow with the Covington kids...everyone seems ok with the fact that some tweeters and media orgs were trying to ruin this kids life, for a lie about what he did.

I think what he did was show restraint, maturity and patience in a difficult confrontation with idiots. Of course, you are welcome to wish that his reputation be ruined because he smirked in the wrong hat, but I wouldn't.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 pm

'One Godless Woman' has a neat podcast about her life, as an atheist facing challenges. Follow her stuff, she might get deported and killed, being that she is living in a country which deports people who don't meet the proper criteria.

Don't listen if you are from an Islamic country, as it would probably be 'haram'.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:09 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 am
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:15 pm
I think the Democrats are a bunch of elite horseshit. I've always been left, but there isn't many of them I think highly of anymore.

Their shoddy treatment of their opponents speaks most clearly to me.

Like the media shitshow with the Covington kids...everyone seems ok with the fact that some tweeters and media orgs were trying to ruin this kids life, for a lie about what he did.

I think what he did was show restraint, maturity and patience in a difficult confrontation with idiots. Of course, you are welcome to wish that his reputation be ruined because he smirked in the wrong hat, but I wouldn't.
I defended the kid, and the media backpeddled. You should probably work on recognizing the stink of your own shit.

Most of our ranting and raving has some truth, but much of it is I suspect pure arrogance, plain and simple.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:28 pm

DID the media backpedal? Which media?

See, when they dedicate hundreds of clicks to the lie, then a small corner of their site to the retraction, it shows their priorities.

Also, with the Covington kids, which media companies were tricked into pl aying the 'racist MAGAkids' story? Can you name any?

I don't think the kid is the story. I think the original promoters of the story, is the story.

See, the media is vulnerable to being misled, and THAT case looked like a clear case of someone exploiting that weakness.

Who followed the story? No-one. I haven't seen a single story focused on who started the lie, or which media companies were most vulnerable.

I think what we ought to do is develop a 'media shit-test', base it on the Rosenham Experiment, and lure poor journalists into embarrassing themselves over and over, until the least-stupid ones remain.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:42 pm

The Alt-Right #OUTRAGE machine is invested in not noticing that the Covington kids story wasn't the kind of Alt-Right #OUTRAGE generator it was hyped as.

Just one more reason not to take the Alt-Right as seriously as they take themselves.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:42 pm
The Alt-Right #OUTRAGE machine is invested in not noticing that the Covington kids story wasn't the kind of Alt-Right #OUTRAGE generator it was hyped as.

Just one more reason not to take the Alt-Right as seriously as they take themselves.
I have my browser set to autocorrect 'alt-right' to 'boogeyman'.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:51 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 am
There seems to be an implication in what you posted that the Democrats have been thought of as somehow belonging to "the left". It's a common misconception prevalent among North Americans. The most that can be said about them is that they are not as conservative as the Republicans.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:55 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:29 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:

Me too. Every time I type in 'boogeyman' it comes out as 'boogeyman'. Damnit, I meant 'boogeyman', not 'boogeyman'. FFS, what is going on here? My browser won't let me type 'boogeyman'. Fuck. It's just done it again. Maybe my autocorrect really does work.

Halp! My autocorrect censors me. I demand to have my Freedom of Speech back.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:26 am

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:03 am

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

I don't know why. 'Alt-Right' is the catchy PR term which Richard B. Spenser adopted and actively promoted off the back of his 'Alternative Right' Website. It was subsequently taken up by other web-based far-Right media such as the /pol/ board on 4chan, The Daily Stormer, Occidental Dissent, and Breitbart to represent a distinct brand of right-wing political thought and activism. It's not a pejorative term but a descriptive one owned and promoted by the Alt-Right itself, and as such acts as the banner under which a number of far-Right, white-nationalist, white-supremecist, anti-Semitic, anti-immigrant, and neo-Nazi groups gather.

When I use the term 'Alt-Right' I'm talking about people and groups who identify as Alt-Right. If you think the political philosophy and activism of the Alt-Right is misunderstood or somehow being misrepresented as a 'boogeyman' then you could always try arguing the point. But I guess it's easier to ignore those types of issues and just set your browser to shield you from that kind of obligation. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:36 am

There's oriental, and occidental, but I identify as accidental... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:03 am
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:

I don't know why. 'Alt-Right' is the catchy PR term which Richard B. Spenser adopted and actively promoted off the back of his 'Alternative Right' Website. It was subsequently taken up by other web-based far-Right media such as the /pol/ board on 4chan, The Daily Stormer, Occidental Dissent, and Breitbart to represent a distinct brand of right-wing political thought and activism. It's not a pejorative term but a descriptive one owned and promoted by the Alt-Right itself, and as such acts as the banner under which a number of far-Right, white-nationalist, white-supremecist, anti-Semitic, anti-immigrant, and neo-Nazi groups gather.

When I use the term 'Alt-Right' I'm talking about people and groups who identify as Alt-Right. If you think the political philosophy and activism of the Alt-Right is misunderstood or somehow being misrepresented as a 'boogeyman' then you could always try arguing the point. But I guess it's easier to ignore those types of issues and just set your browser to shield you from that kind of obligation. :tea:
We've explained this to him, I'd reckon, around ten times previously. He's just impervious to facts and reality.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:35 pm

I think that like many, Alt-Righties become wedded to a victim narrative as a way to offset feelings of impotence in the face of Capitalism's failure to deliver on its promises.

Frank Zappa