Media Bias

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Media Bias

Post by Svartalf » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:55 am

Well, even the Prophet (upon him be Peace) waited for his wife to be old enough before he consumated marriage, I could do no less.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:06 am

Here you go, Cunt, this should cheer you up. One less "crimmigrant" to worry about.
I am awed by your display of self-respect here.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:21 am

It seems the eagerness of Trump supporters and fellow travellers to regurgitate false narratives is endless. The mainstream media, as always, is willing to help them along. The ridiculous '3D chess' interpretation for his feckless outbursts, the blatantly transparent and disingenuous 'Trump disavows' pablum--this nonsense has been going on for nearly four years now, and no end in sight.

'Don't buy Trump's disavowal of the "send her back" chant: His fans definitely won't'
With plodding predictability, we're now supposed to believe that Donald Trump is unhappy with racist chants by his followers and true believers. And that's after he spent the better part of the past week defending and doubling down on his use of a classic white supremacist demand that people of color should "go back" to wherever their ancestors came from.

The evidence suggests Trump's use of the "go back" trope over the weekend was a spontaneous reaction to a race-baiting Fox News segment he was watching on TiVo. But despite the apparent impulsiveness behind it, over the next few days Trump and his team spun his behavior as a deliberate communications strategy. Aides called up reporters under the veil of anonymity to claim that this was all part of Trump's master plan to win the 2020 election. No doubt Trump himself believes this, since Fox News keeps egging him on at every turn. Republican politicians and right-wing pundits got to work denying that Trump's racism is racism and instead trying to frame his critics as bad-faith poseurs.

As inevitably happens when Trump goes full white nationalist, there's a point where it becomes clear he can't contain the backlash, so with great fanfare (and visible reluctance) he walks it back. As usual, there is absolutely no reason to believe Trump's walk-back. Even more important, there's no reason to think Trump's supporters believe in the sincerity of his walk-back either.

The video of this event clearly shows Trump's reaction to the "send her back": His usual smug expression and a lengthy, contented pause to encourage the chanting. But his lie was good enough to snag the desired headlines from the New York Times ("Trump Disavows ‘Send Her Back’ Chant as G.O.P. Frets Over Ugly Phrase"), Politico ("Trump disavows 'send her back' chant from his rally") and The Hill ("Trump walks back from 'send her back' chants"). It's true that the text of these articles often noted that Trump was being dishonest, but as the advisers pressuring Trump are no doubt aware, relatively few people read past the headlines, especially under the onslaught conditions of the contemporary news cycle.

Trump's fake walk-backs often work beautifully by exerting pressure on journalists and politicians to curtail their criticisms of Trump, while not actually harming his appeal to a base that wants him to be as racist as the comments section of Breitbart. Resisting Trump's efforts at gaslighting and manipulating the media requires reporters and editors not to give more weight to his walk-backs than to the heavy loads of racism that get dumped before and after his reluctant efforts to pretend he didn't mean it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am

It seems he just keeps lying and his supporters don't care.

I wish 42 was here so we could see him contort himself in defence of this. It would be a wonder of nature.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:15 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am
It seems he just keeps lying and his supporters don't care.

I wish 42 was here so we could see him contort himself in defence of this. It would be a wonder of nature.
You guys insist no-one likes Trump, when clearly many people like him fine. Trump haters are a minority. Loud and fearless about their hate, but a minority just the same.

You only have to look at the drier facts to see how this 'Orange Man Bad' chant has been less and less effective. Do you think that before he made that tweet, I thought he was gentlemanly about his tweets? Or do you think I already thought he used it to trigger emotional idiots, quite carelessly and coarsely?

This isn't news. It's fresh, so as to stir up some outrage, but it isn't news. I've learned nothing except how willing some folks are to focus on what they see as most important.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:26 am

What?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:26 am
What?
Don't worry, you are in the majority. No-one likes the current US president, not even the people who gather to rally, or welcome his visits.

As long as you keep scrunching your eyes shut and singing 'lalalalala', you can keep on believing no-one likes Trump.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:12 am

Where did I say no-one likes Trump? :think: Reality has no effect on what you write, does it?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:33 am

You seem surprised that the attacks on his character doesn't turn people against him. It isn't because Trump is worth admiration, it's because his detractors have so often showed themselves to be worse.

You are right about his supporters not caring, but you still can't see it. They don't care about the irrelevant political attacks (like claiming he is making concentration camps)

By the way, did you know that many of the photos of 'concentration camps' were mistakenly used from the Obama era? This 'locking up criminals' thing has a history much longer than Trump, so blaming him sounds like political bullshit, more than genuine care.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:43 am

I'd ask you to back that statement up, but we all know you don't do facts.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:49 am

What statement?

I'll try to further reduce what I said above.

I think the effect of people being pissed by Trump saying awful things, is MUCH smaller than the effect of people being pissed by the endless (seemingly) bad-faith attacks on his character.

People are sick of hearing over-the-top attacks on him, like comparing him to Hitler, or claiming that government fuckups which have gone on for decades are ALL HIS FAULT.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:59 am

Cunt wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:49 am
What statement?
That many of the photos are from the Obama era.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:25 am

-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:33 am

Holy shit, Cunt actually posts some evidence. :o

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:22 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:33 am
Holy shit, Cunt actually posts some evidence. :o
Don't worry, it won't make any difference to you.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: