"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:35 pm

One might also say, “Any Blacks who have spent time living in a neighborhood or attending a school with a white majority know the strife that Blacks endure.”

Percentage of the population who are Black: 12%;
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Is anyone still surprised? Like, oh shit, that Nazi thing is fucking up my life again. Dude, you're a Nazi!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:58 am

Yeah, the idea that white-identity is under threat from Black people in the US would be ridiculous if some people didn't take it so seriously. And have you noticed that the people who bang on about gender and identity politics being like the actual plague or something are always men who call their groups things like "Identity Evropa" and shit?

The early 20th century political philosopher Carl Schmitt said that all politics (the big-P kind of Politics; The Political) boiled down to a distinction between friend and foe. The thing that defined a "foe" for him was not someone you were necessarily politically opposed or resistant to but someone that, when it came down to it, you'd be willing to see worse off than yourself; someone you'd be willing to let suffer, or; someone you could and would throw to the wolves. By comparison a "friend" was anybody who wasn't a "foe", such that your "friends" shared an "identity" - your identity.

For Schmitt this turned all political activity into a project that started with trying to figure who did and didn't share your identity: who was and wasn't your political friend. Schmidt didn't invent so-called 'identity politics' but he was among the first to articulate a description of the Political in terms of which identities, which "thems", you wouldn't necessarily mind being treated badly or being absent from society.

He didn't stop there of course, he went on to argue that it didn't really matter if the distinctions between friend and foe were reasonable or strong or valid in any kind of factual sense, only that they were believable and offered people a framework they could believe in - and when people did believe that 'the other lot' existed as a distinct identity who could have their status downgraded or be excluded from society then it becomes a lot easier to imagine that those who see you as 'the other lot' are probably just as happy to see you done down as your are them.

For Schmitt this was why it was vitally important to politically organise around your own identity: not only in order to oppose 'that other lot' who might want to treat you as shitty as you'd treat them, but also to ensure that your identity was protected by actively resisting 'the other lot' pre-emptively in order to make sure that your identity always stood on the top of the pile when it came to treating people in shitty ways.

Yeah, Carl Schmidt, the father of 'identity politics', was an actual, massive, bonafide Nazi, and one of the things his 'philosophy' shows is that Fascism always starts with the assumption that it's OK for some people to be regarded and treated in the kind of shitty ways we wouldn't tolerate or accept being treated ourselves - and we all know where that ends eh?

The thing is, how does one counter that kind of ideology of identity, because when it comes to MRAs, Alt-Righties, white-nationalists and white-supremecists, neo-Nazis and Fascists we're already dealing with people who are involved with and invested in a conflict of identities - a conflict between their identity and everybody else? And reason and history shows us that when someone who has basically declared war on you comes knocking at the door inviting them in for cup of tea and a chat isn't a very sensible thing to do.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 am

Speaking of Alt-Right parading ignorance, stupidity, and malice - I notice Cunt is back.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 am
Speaking of Alt-Right parading ignorance, stupidity, and malice - I notice Cunt is back.
I'm not allowed to talk to you that way, on pain of being suspended again, so I'll just say you are being an Animavore, just as predictable as ever.

You are Trumps support going into 2020. Good job, I know you will be proud.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Poor Alex Fields. He ain't never getting out...
A man sentenced to life in prison on federal hate crime charges for deliberately driving his car into anti-racism protesters during a white nationalist rally in Virginia is set to face a state judge who could add another life sentence, plus 419 years.

James Alex Fields Jr, 22, will be sentenced on Monday for killing one person and injuring dozens during the “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville on 12 August 2017.

Last month, Fields received a life sentence on 29 federal hate crime charges.

A state jury has recommended a sentence of life, plus 419 years. Under state law, Judge Richard Moore is allowed to go lower than the jury’s recommendation, but cannot go higher.

Jonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, said judges in Virginia generally tend to stick with the jury’s recommended sentence. In Fields’ case, the state sentence will be mainly symbolic since he has already received a life sentence on federal charges.

“For his purposes, he has one life to give, so this is a largely academic exercise,” Turley said...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... sentencing
Oh dear... what a shame :tea:

Frank Zappa

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:06 pm

That last 19 years seems a bit unnecessary... :toetap:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:50 pm

I think he got a year off for the time he spent in prison awaiting sentencing. Still, we wouldn't want people to think we'd gone soft on racially-motivated violence or murder as a political weapon would we?

Frank Zappa

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:27 pm

Who has the record longest sentence in the States?
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:28 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:27 pm
Who has the record longest sentence in the States?
Some of 42's sentences were bloody long... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:30 pm

Charles Scott Robinson, child rapist. 30000 years.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:53 am

When's he out on parole?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:09 pm

Hey, here's an idea--let's get an infamous racist shithead on national television to comment on the tweets of the not-a-racist-bone-in-his-body shithead in the White House. Brilliant!

'CNN Invites White Supremacist Richard Spencer to Talk About Trump’s Racist Tweets'
CNN interviewed white supremacist Richard Spencer during a Tuesday segment on President Donald Trump’s racist tweets, in another example of a news outlet normalizing far-right radicals by giving them a mainstream platform.

The segment on Jake Tapper’s The Lead covered neo-Nazis’ support for Trump’s racist attacks on four progressive congresswomen of color. The spot included an interview with Spencer who said Trump is playing a “con game” and that his attacks were not racist enough.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:30 pm

That Richard Spencer. What is he like eh? He's such a scamp.

:|

Yesterday the BBC news programmes were talking about '... the president's comment, which some people have considered racist ...' etc, whereas today they were talking about '... the president's racists tweets ...' I guess some editorial heart searching has been undertaken in the interim.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re:

Post by Cunt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:30 pm
That Richard Spencer. What is he like eh? He's such a scamp.

:|

Yesterday the BBC news programmes were talking about '... the president's comment, which some people have considered racist ...' etc, whereas today they were talking about '... the president's racists tweets ...' I guess some editorial heart searching has been undertaken in the interim.
...and still no-one cares.

This would be even funnier, if it went to Trumps benefit somehow, that the news was focused on outrage rather than policy.

(I think many dems would have been critical of the new policy https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... n-migrants )

If Dems don't oppose it soon, they won't be able to keep bringing in 'dreamers' to help them with their goals...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.