Republicans: continued

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:38 pm
I don't know. Why not PM him?
We aren't close friends or anything, I just enjoyed his contributions here. It's rare to find someone I disagree with who is so patient and respectful.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 am
The Republican party in 2019:
Mississippi politician says female reporter must be accompanied by a male
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mississipp ... interview/

A Republican candidate for Mississippi governor has refused to be interviewed by a female journalist unless she brings along a male colleague. Mississippi Today journalist Larrison Campbell said she requested to accompany candidate Robert Foster on a 15-hour "ride along" campaign trip ahead of the August 6 primary, but was denied because she is a woman.

According to Campbell, Foster's campaign director, Colton Robison, said she could not be alone in a car with Foster because "they believed the optics of the candidate with a woman, even a working reporter, could be used in a smear campaign to insinuate an extramarital affair."

Robison apparently told her the campaign "can't risk it" this close to the primary. They repeatedly told her they were worried about a smear campaign against Foster.

Foster confirmed his decision with a tweet Tuesday night. "Before our decision to run, my wife and I made a commitment to follow the 'Billy Graham Rule,' which is to avoid any situation that may evoke suspicion or compromise of our marriage," he tweeted.

It's the same "rule" brought into the spotlight by Vice President Mike Pence, who said he would not eat alone with any woman who is not his wife.
I wonder what Campbell promised her wife. :thinks:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Rofl, she's gay? That makes his demands even more absurd and pathetic... :funny:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 pm
Rofl, she's gay? That makes his demands even more absurd and pathetic... :funny:
Is freedom of association absurd and pathetic to you?

Seems like a simple thing. If you want to hang out and ask me questions, it is my choice how it goes. Why do you think a religious nut refusing to accept an invitation to be alone with a woman is remarkable?

Or are you just looking for reason to be outraged?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 pm
Seabass wrote:
Is freedom of association absurd and pathetic to you?

Seems like a simple thing. If you want to hang out and ask me questions, it is my choice how it goes. Why do you think a religious nut refusing to accept an invitation to be alone with a woman is remarkable?

Or are you just looking for reason to be outraged?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 pm
some shitty youtube
Quality post there, Seabass! Best you ever did.

Of course, I didn't watch the shitty video you posted, but I'm just as proud of you as ever.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:12 pm
Seabass wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 pm
some shitty youtube
Quality post there, Seabass! Best you ever did.

Of course, I didn't watch the shitty video you posted, but I'm just as proud of you as ever.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:36 pm

Seabass wrote:
I think he's scared to be in the same room with a lesbian. If she had a male supervising her it would be less dangerous because then there would be two righteous, god-fearing men against a satan-worshipping dyke.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Well, he gave her options for getting her interview, but she wanted 15 hours of his day - HER WAY OR THE HIGHWAY.

She probably gets a lot more (career-wise) out of 'being denied' than she could have out of the actual interview. Outrage sells! Especially if it's intersectional outrage.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:00 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:30 pm
...I'm not buying the 'colour balance' explanation because the image was manipulated for more than just colour balance. It's obvious that the brightness was adjusted as well. I don't believe it was inadvertent.
It was as inadvertent as "losing" the badges Kaepernick wears on the centre and left of his chest.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:18 am

Republicans should be mortified that the poster covers up his bible-quote tattoo. That's censoring the word of God! :lay:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:39 am

Oh, no it is the real Acosta family!
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/alex- ... hotograph/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:45 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:51 pm
Well, he gave her options for getting her interview, but she wanted 15 hours of his day - HER WAY OR THE HIGHWAY.

She probably gets a lot more (career-wise) out of 'being denied' than she could have out of the actual interview. Outrage sells! Especially if it's intersectional outrage.
Maybe, but he's getting a lot of attention for free, which is good for him since he's not got a lot of money.

This isn't the first time he's done something unusual to get attention.
It's all part of the strategy for a self-described "conservative outsider" candidate who has far less campaign cash than his two Republican rivals. He's garnered attention for similar controversies before, sometimes drawing praise on social media. Foster recently said his campaign is "an experiment" — focused on social media and not television ads and other costly outreach.

Early in his campaign, Foster claimed (first to Mississippi Today's Campbell) that a "third party" had offered to secure $1 million in fundraising if he would drop out and run for a different office, which he recently told the Clarion Ledger was public service commissioner. He said the offer was tied to political operatives worried about his candidacy, though never offered names or details.

In early April, Foster played up a theory that Mississippi State University was involved in nixing television coverage of the race's first debate because it wanted to protect Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves, who didn't attend. MSU denied the allegations.

Later that month, Foster publicized the break-in of his pickup truck during a GOP event in Jackson, indicating it could have been politically motivated. He mentioned he'd seen "trackers" of opposing campaigns attending his events. A police spokesman said last month the investigation was ongoing.

All three stories got attention on social media and elsewhere — though nothing like denying Campbell access to cover his campaign for a day if she didn't bring a male colleague. Numerous national news outlets covered it, and his Twitter and Facebook posts on the topic garnered thousands of responses.

Foster doesn't have the money for more traditional advertising. On Wednesday his campaign reported having about $7,000 in his campaign account at the end of June. Republican Bill Waller Jr. has $373,000, and Republican Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves $5.8 million.

Both have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on television ads, while Foster hopes to gain the same attention from voters on social media. He does have a large following — about 27,000 followers on Facebook and 8,000 on Twitter. (Many of his Twitter followers appear to be bots, however.)
Sounds less like a moral stand than a cynical political ploy, eh? :hehe:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:46 am

Kicked our governor in charge of 2020 gerrymandering
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/ ... ng-1230489
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag