"Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: "Alt-right" Still Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Sean Hayden » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:58 am

Daniel Burnside eh, and his nine children? :fp:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:07 am

I'm sure they'll grow up with a mature, balanced political view of the world... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Was Thunderf00t always a wmean-hating alt-right stooge?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:40 am

Hard to say, but I think his videos started tending that way during the Watson elevator proposition hoo-haw and subsequent fallout about creepy behavior at atheist/freethought/skepticism conferences. Then when Gamergate became a thing, he well all out. He's made literally dozens of videos featuring his scorn for Anita Sarkeesian

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 am

I remember his evisceration of creationists quite fondly from the olden days, but hadn't encountered him on YouTube for many years (I don't bother with that new atheist m'larky these days). But I caught sight of one of his screeds against Sarkeesian in another vid, and it sounded like he'd gone full Crowder!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:34 am

The racist known as Tommy Robinson gets a 9 month, all expenses holiday at Her Majesties pleasure.

Shame. :tea:

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Poor fella. He's just trying to have a nice conversation about his views. Why do people hate his freedum?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 am
I remember his evisceration of creationists quite fondly from the olden days, but hadn't encountered him on YouTube for many years (I don't bother with that new atheist m'larky these days). But I caught sight of one of his screeds against Sarkeesian in another vid, and it sounded like he'd gone full Crowder!
By 'full Crowder' do you mean popular? Or do you simply mean that you would dismiss his opinions without evaluating them?

I think Sarkeesian was an idiot, but then again, I listened to her own words to come to that conclusion...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:47 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 am
By 'full Crowder' do you mean popular?
No, I mean Alt-Right bigot and MRA teat-feeder.
Cunt wrote:
Or do you simply mean that you would dismiss his opinions without evaluating them?
After a point, yes. If you think one of his opinions has merit and is relevant to this thread I'd be happy to entertain it for you.
Cunt wrote:
I think Sarkeesian was an idiot, but then again, I listened to her own words to come to that conclusion...
And my evaluation of Crowder's expressed views leads me to conclude that he's a disingenuous fraud who sells Alt-Right validation for profit.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:17 pm
Cunt wrote:
[/quote]
Try to stay on topic...do you disagree with his opinion on Sarkeesian? Which element of it was wrong? You are the one who has a problem with his side of it, presumably.
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Or do you simply mean that you would dismiss his opinions without evaluating them?
After a point, yes. If you think one of his opinions has merit and is relevant to this thread I'd be happy to entertain it for you.
You were the one suggesting he said something incorrect about Sarkeesian. Why not expand on it, rather than trying to shift the focus to me.
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
And my evaluation of Crowder's expressed views leads me to conclude that he's a disingenuous fraud who sells Alt-Right validation for profit.
I agree that he sells a character, but 'alt' right? How is he 'alt' right? I thought he was just regular right...He seems to be a puppet, dancing before the camera and saying things in exchange for money.

Just like Cronkite, Streisand and Yiannopolous.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:42 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Try to stay on topic...do you disagree with his opinion on Sarkeesian?
That's a classic Cunt: changing the subject after the question has been answered. Read it again. You asked a question. I answered it. Now you say that I'm dodging the 'real' question, which is the one you didn't even ask. This is bad arguing as well as bad faith.
Cunt wrote:
Which element of it was wrong? You are the one who has a problem with his side of it, presumably.
Which element of what opinions are you referring too? Crowder ranges far and wide across the right-side of politics, but as I said in the previous post, if you think one of his opinions has merit and is relevant to this thread then feel free to bring it up.
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
You were the one suggesting he said something incorrect about Sarkeesian. Why not expand on it, rather than trying to shift the focus to me.
At some point you'll notice that just having a discussion or conversation with someone doesn't mean they're interested in you personally. Until then... :roll:

If you're familiar with Crowder, and I assume you are, then you'll be familiar with his various opinions on Sarkeesian, feminism, and gender equality etc. On the whole I don't think Crowder makes reasonable points about or counter arguments to the snippets of Sarkeesian he deals in, not least because he -- along with the rest of the Man-o-sphere -- starts by misrepresenting what she says and the context in which she says it.

Now, regardless of what I just said there the post that got your knickers in a twist actually said nothing about Crowder's opinions specifically or generally, but to be fair I did compare Thunderf00t to Crowder directly ("he's gone full Crowder") precisely because Crowder's politics and opinions are so clearcut and widely understood. Just sayin' :tea:
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Cunt wrote:
I agree that he sells a character, but 'alt' right? How is he 'alt' right? I thought he was just regular right...He seems to be a puppet, dancing before the camera and saying things in exchange for money.

Just like Cronkite, Streisand and Yiannopolous.
Really? You're going to do the putting the 'alt' of Alt-Right in scare quotes as if it isn't a thing thing?

When you offer a political platform and a retail opportunity to white-supremacists, white-nationalist, Holocaust denying conspiracy theorists, neo-Nazis and racists like McInnes, Southern, Yiannopolous, Benjamin, and Spencer etc etc, and sit around chatting with them about how great their books and videos and political ideas are without questioning, challenging or disavowing their operating assumptions then it's entirely reasonable to conclude that you're an Alt-Right - at the very least.

However, if he's just a "puppet, dancing before the camera and saying things in exchange for money" then one might wonder who his puppet masters really are, eh? And then perhaps ask if there's really any functional difference between being a real, copper-bottomed Alt-Right and racist and dancing to the tune of Alt-Rights and racists for personal gain?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:49 pm

But I caught sight of one of his screeds against Sarkeesian in another vid, and it sounded like he'd gone full Crowder!
By 'full Crowder' do you mean popular? Or do you simply mean that you would dismiss his opinions without evaluating them?

You mentioned you caught one of T-f00ts 'screeds' against Sarkeesian. Did you disagree with something? Or by 'full Crowder' did you mean popular and mainly correct in its claims?

Try to focus on what you said, not no broadcasting your disdain for Crowder, or me.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 pm
That's a classic Cunt: changing the subject after the question has been answered. Read it again. You asked a question. I answered it. Now you say that I'm dodging the 'real' question, which is the one you didn't even ask. This is bad arguing as well as bad faith.
But YOU said that about Thunderf00t's 'screed', so dance back on to the topic. Or accuse me of something. I already know how deep your understanding goes, by the clumsy way you attack these particular media figures.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:55 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 pm
But YOU said that about Thunderf00t's 'screed', so dance back on to the topic. Or accuse me of something. I already know how deep your understanding goes, by the clumsy way you attack these particular media figures.
Meh. Sure, I criticise MRAs, Alt-Righties, racists, and fascists for their ideals and their actions. So what? The assumption that one criticises right-wingers only because one doesn't understand them properly is a plain, self-serving falsehood - it doesn't rebuff or challenge those criticisms as much as it provides emotional comfort to the accuser. Essentially such a charge it's no different to a religionist trying to ring-fence their ideas and actions by insisting that only those who have a 'proper' (authorised) understanding of dogma and doctrine etc are qualified to criticise their ideology, while knowing full well that anyone with that kind of 'proper' understanding wouldn't be criticising them in the first place. Ultimately, it's just a kind of special pleading.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:24 am

You can't back up what you said about T-f00t's 'screed'.

I'm not surprised. You should ask Forty Two to help you understand...oh wait...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: